Published in 2016, this book by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein stars Jacky Hart, a Class Clown who tends to stutter. She's nicknamed "Jacky Ha-Ha" for both the stutter and her constant pranks and jokes. The assistant principal suggests Jacky participate in the school play instead of serving detention as long as she doesn't get any new punishments, meaning she has to behave better.
Jacky Ha-Ha contains examples of:
- Class Clown: Jacky frequently makes jokes and pulls pranks, partially earning her the nickname "Jacky Ha-Ha".
- Cool Teacher: Mrs. O'Mara is Jacky's equal in wit, and inspires her students well.
- Dad's Off Fighting in the War: Jacky's mom is in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Shield.
- Food Fight: Jacky, Bill, Meredith, and Jeff start one in Mc Donalds, getting them kicked out.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The Hart family has seven daughters: Sydney, Sophia, Victoria, Hannah, Jacky, Riley, and Emma.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Being a middle child is part of the reason Jacky constantly seeks attention.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Jacky thinks her father is having an affair with Jenny Cornwall, but she's actually helping him study to become a cop.
- Mistaken for Suicidal: When Jacky is found after climbing on top of a Ferris wheel, Hannah thinks she's about to jump off.
- Sad Clown: Part of the reason Jacky makes jokes is to distract herself from her mom serving in Saudi Arabia and her dad barely ever being home.
- Speech Impediment: Jacky has a tendency to stutter, and she hates when it's referred to as a speech impediment.