It's Not Easy Being a Bunny is a piece of Children's Literature both written by Marilyn Sadler and illustrated by Roger Bollen. It's about a bunny named P. J. Funnybunny who finds himself unhappy with being a bunny. It was first published in 1983.
P.J. Funnybunny and his younger sister, Honey Bunny Funnybunny, would appear in a total of 13 books.
This book provides examples of:
- Beary Friendly: When P. J. tries to be a bear he is welcomed with open arms by the bears he goes to live with.
- Birthday Episode: P.J. Funnybunny and His Very Cool Birthday
- Camping Episode: P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out
- Explosive Breeder: Implied."He had far too many brothers and sisters."
- Messy Pig: It's shown that when P. J. tries to be a pig that the only thing they like to do, "was sit in the mud."
- Smelly Skunk: Ultimately how P. J. realized he didn't want to be a skunk.
- White Bunny: The main character P. J. is one.
- Workaholic: The beavers are stated to be this.