He isn't human at all.
Recruited by a mysterious organisation of underage bodyguards and magical contract killers and given a robot-building Otaku mechanic and a shadow-controlling butcher as teammates, James must perform his assigned "Missions" while searching for something that has eluded him for years:
A reason to live.
But what of these memories, these disjointed glimpses into a past he does not remember?
Can be read Here.
Tropes for I Of The Storm
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Many.
- James Thales: Thales of Miletus was a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher from Miletus in Asia Minor, and one of the Seven Sages of Greece. Many, most notably Aristotle, regard him as the first philosopher in the Greek tradition.
- Corvus Nyte: Nyte sounds like night, and Corvus is a small constellation in the southern sky with 11 stars.
- Berserk Button: Doctor Professor Marcus Kudzu is a Biokinetic Specialist or medic, NOT a Healer.
- Bullet Time: James can use this to avoid actual bullets, as well as magical attacks.
- Driven to Suicide: James, out of boredom, and disillusionment with humanity.
- Extremity Extremist: James Thales kicks, and only kicks.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Max Taylor, as a Steel Elementalist, can manipulate steel and make it into anything.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Max Taylor. He built and programmed XD-65535 himself, only using his powers to make the required parts.
- Hammerspace: Max Taylor. Justified, due to his abilities allowing him to make anything, usually weaponry, out of any metal, usually steel.
- Insistent Terminology: Corvus is a Shadow Elementalist, not a demon.