The story will occasionally make use of Switching P.O.V. While it is most often using the point of view of the main character, Ventus, it will switch to the other characters when he can not give story relevant information I.E is not in/near an important event.
Each of the main characters hold a different secret that will be stressed upon at one point or another in the story to try and make them appear more realistic, and each has their own use as well to try and make sure each character doesn't end up as being useless
Grasp of Ventus contains examples of:
- Adorably Precocious Child: Alys comes off as being a hard-working and dedicated student, even mentioned by Ventus to get up very early for school. Despite the maturity he has compared to the rest of the cast he is merely 12 years old.
- Affectionate Nickname: As stated in the story, Aderin goes by different nicknames given to her by close friends, and close friends being Scythe, who commonly calls her "Ada".
- All of the Other Reindeer: This happens to Ventus as a child. Before he found out he was a hybrid he noticed how oddly people acted towards him, and even stated that he felt he didn't belong.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: The villain of the story is a dark elemental user, meaning he controls darkness and was raised under the God Tenebris. As such he uses shadows and holds access to other elements such as ice. The reason for this will be further stressed in the story.
- Big Eater: Ventus is listed as being the glutton of the group, constantly thinking about food or complaining about being hungry. Due to his powers being activated by food, to his dismay, the other members often have to keep a watch on how much he eats leading to an almost never ending list of complaints from him.
- Elemental Embodiment: The story relies heavily on Elements as the Gods are based upon them as well as the magic users. Later on a story will unfold featuring the Gods of Wind/Air (Ventus), Fire (Ignis), Water (Aqua) and Earth (Terra). This will exclude Lux from the Arc.
- Temporary Bulk Change: In order for Ventus to use his abilities his body appears to gain weight, varying on the amount of food consumed and how much energy he gains from the food. Once he's used up all his energy his body reverts back to normal.
- Ventus's body does this each time he needs energy and is explained in chapter 5 as being his bodies storing method since his human body can't handle storing elemental power at all times and uses this as an alternative.