The stories consisted of the following:
- "Ghoul School" - Liam Erdman transfers into a new school, which turns out to be a school for monsters.
- "The Revenge" - Amelia gets an appointment with Madame Margo, a fortune teller, who teaches her how to use astral projection so she can get revenge on local bully Cory Calder.
- "The Mummy with My Face" - Norm Parker and his older sister Claire are in Egypt, and are offered a special tour of a pyramid that isn't open to the public. However, the pyramid and the mummies inside aren't quite what they seem.
Ghoul School includes examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Liam's dad put him in Ghoul School even knowing there was a chance he could get seriously hurt or even killed just to expose the school. The story ends before Liam's given enough time to realize he was an Unwitting Pawn of his own father.
- Adults Are Useless: Played straight at first, as Liam's parents don't believe him and the teacher is a monster too. Subverted in the end as it turns out Liam's dad knew about the school and was using Liam to get proof of it so he can arrest the monsters.
- Extreme Omnivore: Pretty much all the monsters in the school will eat anything, including dirt, chalk and human flesh.
- Mondegreen: When dismissing Liam, Ms. Barker says "I need a few minutes to eat my ham sandwich". It's not until he comes back and sees her actually eating that he realizes she didn't say "ham"; she said "hand".
- Stranger in a Strange School: The premise of the story, which involves Liam attending a school for monsters.
- Undercover Cop Reveal: It turns out Liam's dad is one and was using Liam to find evidence of the monster school so he can take action.
The Revenge includes examples of:
- Astral Projection: This is the ability Amelia learns, including the ability to interact with the real world but it's limited to one hour total; if she exceeds the time limit, she's locked out of her body forever.
- Bittersweet Ending: Amelia's dog Fluffy gets stuck in the astral plane forever, but the dog is able to keep the bully Cory Calder in line.
- The Bully: Cory Calder, a particularly cruel one who regularly beats up on other kids and nearly causes Amelia's dog to get run over. He even learns the same power as Amelia and tries to keep her out of her body so she'll be stuck in astral form forever.
- Fat Bitch: Madame Margo's unflatteringly described as being an obese woman in a jogging suit stretched tight on her large frame. She also deliberately tells Cory, her nephew, that Amelia's seeking revenge on him and teaches him astral projection so he can torture her some more.
- Foreshadowing: Cory's established as an Evil Redhead, and later on Madame Margo's said to have red hair too. This is because she's his aunt.
The Mummy With My Face includes examples of:
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: The mummies were all robots created by two men who were using the kids as test subjects for their mummy themed amusement park.
- Something Completely Different: This story ends up having no supernatural elements. Additionally, this first person story switches to third person for one section.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The mummy animatronics are easily disrupted by signals from an active cell phone.