An alien, a punk, a nerd, and a valley girl team up to save the universe by keeping an Empathic Weapon out of the hands of evil aliens. Along the way, they meet strange new lifeforms. And Neanderthals.
This novel provides examples of:
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl LA Ble: An alien in disguise on Earth is described as talking like this, stressing the wrong syllables and words, due to having learned English from a cheap crash course.
- Like a Duck Takes to Water: Seeth fits in much better in space than he ever did on Earth.
- MacGuffin Blindness: The protagonists' adorable shape-shifting Companion Cube turns out to be the item everyone else in the entire book is looking for, and no one realizes it till the end.
- Pretender Diss: Punk rock guy Seeth points out you can always tell the posers by their nice shoes.
- The Reveal: Foster does quite a good job of concealing through most of the book that the punk and nerd are brothers.
- Zipperiffic: Seeth is described as wearing a jacket 'dripping with zippers'.