Captain Isaac Lamarck III is an adventurer, a fighter, a dreamer and an exquisite chef who dreams of reaching the centre of the universe. But when he accepts a bounty on the head of a notoriously unfettered pirate named The Liar, he is drawn into a conflict that will question his ideals, his goals and his very identity.
Samples can now be found here: http://entertheham.deviantart.com/
Tropes found in Glass:
- A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away...: Though only a glimpse of it has been shown, this is how the overall setting works.
- Author Appeal: Quite extensive, given that the early concept was simply a 'you know what would be badass? thought. As it stands, the very setting brims with all of the author's favourite sci-fi elements, there's a wealth of elaborate, idealistic speeches, the main character is an obnoxiously upper-class space pirate, and the imagery of blazing celestial bodies is emphasized throughout.
- Cool Starship: Averted by the Pangaea, which is simply a hijacked cargo vessel.
- Glove Slap: Isaac pulls one on an alien dictator to announce his duel challenge.
- ISO Standard Human Spaceship: The Pangaea has quite a few elements of the second type.
- Large Ham: Isaac.
- Overly Long Name: Captain Isaac Saul-Sanderson Leonardo Alphonso Rodrigo Lamarck III!
- The Engineer: Shiro.
- The Hero: Isaac.
- Space Opera: In setting, though perhaps not in scale.
- Space Pirates: The initial premise.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: The very core of Isaac's character.