- Beware, my child,of the Gigantosaurus,so fierce and wild!His feet go Stomp!His jaws go Crunch!In the blink of an eye,you'd be his Lunch!
Gigantosaurus is a piece of Children's Literature by Jonny Duddle. It's about four baby dinosaur friends trying to play while at the same time avoid the dangerous "Gigantosaurus" as one of the friends Cries Wolf. It was first published in 2014. It was made into a Disney Junior series, which came out January 18, 2019.
This book provides examples of:
- Adults Are More Anthropomorphic: Inverted, the dinosaur children are more anthropomorphic then the adults.
- Civilized Animal: The four dinosaur friends Bonehead, Tiny, Fin and Bill have at various times in the story been shown either using or making tools, including a bow and arrow.
- Crying Wolf: Bonehead constantly warns his friends that the "Gigantosaurus" is coming as a prank/test. Naturally this causes his friends to abandon him; out of annoyance, when the warning is real, not believing him. He later on does this with a Pteranodonnote .
- Stock Dinosaurs: Several well known dinosaurs appear in this story including Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops and Giganotosaurus.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The "Gigantosaurus" is most likely the real-life theropod Giganotosaurus, albeit its name has been taken from that of a dubious sauropod.
"The jaws went Crunch! And the Gigantosaurus had his lunch!"