Gaspard and Lisa is a series of picture books and an Animated Adaptation set in France that features two anthropomorphic animals that are neither dog nor rabbit.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Gaspard wears a blue scarf and Lisa wears a red scarf.
- Not to mention, Charles wears headphones.
- Furry Confusion: "Real", non-anthropomorphic dogs appear.
- Hiccup Hijinks: Lisa gets hiccups on the day she has to do show and tell. She then decides to integrate them into her performance.
- Informed Species: Gaspard, Lisa, and their family members look more like rabbits with big dog noses than like dogs. Averted with the "real" dogs though. Then again, one website states that they are neither dog or rabbit.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: This picture book series and show have the two dog families be the only anthropomorphic dogs in a totally human world.
- Non-Standard Character Design: The main characters and their family members look cartoony whereas the humans and "real" animals look more semi-realistic.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Strangely enough, despite taking place in France, none of the characters in the show sport a French accent.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Gaspard and Lisa, naturally.