The story follows Sora Erron, a cynical young man disillusioned by the Crapsack World around him, and the recent Multiplayer Online Game titled Game of the Gods. What soon follows is his involvement in a contest between three literal gods, who are using the game as a battle ground to decide the fate of the world.
Though it is only currently available on Furaffinity, and is marked as mature, it is only marked as such because of strong language. It can be found here.
Tropes found in Game of the Gods:
- Amnesiac God: Kumo, of all people.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Divinity. Also, Crysts.
- Arc Number: Out of universe. Except for the first part, (Which has nine chapters if you include the prologue), each part is divided up into eight chapters. Subverted twice with Parts Nine through Thirteen, as the seventh chapter of each part is noticeably missing.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Sora after being driven insane.
- Deus ex Machina: [Stay Determined]
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Most of Sora's interactions with the Three.
- Driven to Suicide: James. He gives up his life on Earth so he doesn't have to go to Hell.
- A Father to His Men: While Wolf only treats his Followers as tools, they love him and are willing to give their lives upon his command.
- A God Am I: Justified with Wolf, Jackal, and Draco. Averted with Sora.
- God Needs Prayer Badly: For a God to do anything particularly spectacular, they need followers who share their innate Divinity with their deity.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Sora, after he saw Wolf's Answer.
- Graceful Loser: Jackal, before fading away entirely.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Kumo, full stop. Lampshaded by Diretooth, who is receiving help with the Japanese dialogue.
- Jerkass God: Jackal. He interrupts Kumo's funeral for the sake of petty revenge. Wolf has shades of this as well. At least he's a Graceful Loser after the Siege of Bladehaven.
- Madness Mantra: "I was the frooozen Wolf."
- Meaningful Name: Sora and Kumo are great friends, naturally. So is Grahim. Invoked with Kumo's middle name, 'Kairosu'.
- Mushroom Samba: Wolf and Sora are hyperactive when they eat the Blood Stew.
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: The reason why Blue has his name. His actual name is Grahim, or 'The openness of the sky'.
- Noticing the Fourth Wall: Any time Sora interacts with the Storyteller.
- Ungrateful Bastard: The Thirty-Five, former members of Jackal's Guild. They only join Sora to get revenge on him banishing their deity.
- Wham Episode: Given the divided nature of the story, Part Three can be considered this.