From Oslo to Kinardas is the second short story in The Spectral Chronicles. It is actually three short stories in one. Each one covers the different vacations taken by the Champions of the Light after the Third War of the Stone Cutters.
Part I: Land of the Midnight Sun covers Demetrios and Princess Lily traveling to Norway for their second honeymoon.
In Part II: Across the Golden Savannahs, Anne-Marie and Lynessa travel to South Africa for their honeymoon.
Part III: Seas of the North describes Michael and Kayla having fun on a cruise to Alaska.
- Animal Reaction Shot: The snowshoe hares look on in confusion when Michael and Kayla speed by on their quad bikes.
- Bears Are Bad News: Not this time. In Parts I and III, they are observed in their natural habitats but cause no harm.
- Cool Ship: In Part II, Anne-Marie and Lynessa arrive and depart from South Africa in one, while in most of Part III, Michael and Kayla ride on one called the Sapphire Solstice.
- Cool Train: Anne-Marie and Lynessa ride on the Rovos Rail.
- Costume Porn
- Minimalist Cast: Demetrios and Lily, Anne-Marie and Lynessa, and Michael and Kayla are the only characters who feature in each respective part. The others show up in the epilogue.
- Misplaced Wildlife: Olive baboons do live in Africa, just not South Africa.
- Panthera Awesome: In Part II, Anne-Marie and Lynessa observe a leopard sleeping, and their safari is concluded by seeing a pride of lions beginning a hunt.
- Reality Ensues: Discussed in Part I. Whales recovered in population thanks to good conservation efforts, but then the prehistoric marine reptiles revived by the healing of Atlantis started to hunt them. The trope goes the other way, too; the whales are more plentiful in the Arctic and Southern Oceans, which are inhospitable to the reptiles.
- Scenery Porn
- Slice of Life
- Vacation Episode: Three of them.
- Victorian Britain: Anne-Marie and Lynessa dress and speak in styles reminiscent of this age during their ride on the Rovos Rail.