Feeling for Bones is the debut novel from Bethany Pierce. The protagonist is a 16-year-old girl named Olivia, struggling with anorexia.
This work has examples of:
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Callapher
- As the Good Book Says...
- Crisis of Faith
- Darkest Hour: Olivia has hers near the end of the novel.
- Death by Newbery Medal: Aunt Margaret dies
- First Kiss
- Recurring Dreams: Olivia has them.
- The Beautiful Elite: Olivia covers her bedroom wall with magazine cutouts of beautiful people, and seems to view them as The Beautiful Elite.
- The Church: While faith in Jesus is portrayed in a positive light, however the church itself is portrayed more neutrally.