A book series about a group of kids thrown into espionage. Briar, Finn, Warren, Tahnee, and Lena must travel through the states in search of a Xenon crystal that has powers to destroy the world.
The series provides examples for the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Lena, Tahnee, and Briar all count.
- Heavy Sleeper: Briar, supposedly. She's slept through Finn carrying her to the airport and didn't wake up until they were on the plane.
- I Will Wait for You: Word of God says that Finn didn't date anyone in the nine years he was seperated from Briar.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Lena and Warren are married in the second book. It's stated that they have been married for months, and are sad when they can't have a child. Briar and Finn, however, concieve the first time, when they aren't married, and Briar totally regrets this. Averted later in the epilogue set 6 years in the future, when Briar sees a picture of their four-year old daughter.
- Now or Never Kiss: Finn gets the courage to kiss Briar for the first time when they're in a sinking car and are about to die.
- Pregnant Badass: Briar
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Finn and Briar.