Emerald Prince is an ongoing serialized novel. It can be read here.
The novel provides examples of:
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys
- Crystal Spires and Togas: Calanthe has shades of this.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Evindr, with white hair; Ruzha with pink hair.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Ruzha
- Eating the Eye Candy: When Julien first meets Ruzha.
- Everyone Is Bi: Because...
- Gender Is No Object: That world has no gender construct at all. They have simply never invented the idea that either males or females should/n't do certain jobs, wear certain clothes, act certain ways, etc. All manners of being are equally open to everyone.
- Kidnapped by the Call: Evindr doesn't give Julien a choice regarding whether he wants to be the prince or not.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Most of the cast. It is the predominant style in Calanthe.
- Mr. Fanservice: Most notably Ruzha.
- Mystical White Hair: Evindr.
- Perfect Pacifist People: Calanthe is more or less this, and not as a cover for something sinister. That doesn't mean they don't have conflict, just that their culture never glorified the idea of solving it with force instead of thought.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Ruzha. His costume is described as a flowing piece held at the waist by golden jewelry, his chest exposed. Though really, this is more common than not in Calanthe.
- Web Serial Novel: Currently ongoing.