The year is 1757, and the world is engulfed in war. Frederick II, King in Prussia and his army some 36,000 strong met an Austrian army more than double it's size near Leuthen in Silesia, once used by the Prussians as a training ground. Historically, Frederick rallied his forces, and soundly defeated the Austrians, saving Prussian Silesia.
Of course, this being Alternate History, things aren't always set in stone.
In this timeline, a fall from a horse during battle leads to the death of Frederick II, leading to an eventual Austro-French victory in the Four Years War. This is the story of a popular timeline in AlternateHistory.com by Direwolf 22, and focuses on the reprecussions of Frederick's death.
This timeline provides examples of the following:
- A Child Shall Lead Them: After Frederick's death, Prussia would be later led by his thirteen year-old nephew, Frederick William.
- Arch-Enemy: The British to the French and vice versa. Same case with Russia and Britain, as well as La Plata and Cordoba.
- Balkanize Me: Over the course of about 50 years, the Ottoman Empire has lost almost all of it's holding's in the Balkans to various independent nations, as well as losing Egypt.
- The Qing also suffer such a fate, as China descends to a series of Warlord-states, akin to what China went through during the early 20th century.
- The Kingdom of Nagpur in Central India is also mentioned to have underwent this.
- As has the Confederation of American States/Carolina, though it seems more of the Vestigial Empire territory.
- The Great War saw this happen all over the place. France in addition to losing all its colonial possessions, saw a scenario not unlike Kaiserreich with the loyalist government retreating to its last colonial holding in Tunisia, while a Collectivist state rules in the mainland. In addition, Saxony-Bavaria, Jugoslavia, and after its civil war Russia, gets this same treatment, and that only covers the European nations.
- Big Book of War: A Book, titled "On War" is written in similar format to OTL, only instead written by original character Richter von Mantofen.
- Civil War: Several occur ITTL, with the most notables being the Korean Civil War (which led to the westernization of Korea under the Joseon Dynasty), the Polish Civil War (which ended the Liberum Veto and the elective monarchy in favor of a hereditary one.) and the Spanish Civil War (which divided Spain between Republican Castile and Bourbon Aragon.)
- The Empire: Many in-universe, if not in name then very much so in overseas possessions and influence.
- Expy: Generally after 1820, the majority, if not all the characters in the timeline are original. Yet some characters and events are expies of Real Life people and events.
- King Bob the Nth: While relatively tame with newer monarchies, France still have it's multiple monarchs named Louis. (as of this writing, there are now 19 Louises who were King of France.)
- Magnificent Bitch: Suffice to say, all of the Four Queens in the Age of the Four Queens can qualify for this.