"In a continent once known as North America, now known as the Fourth Unification, twenty-four kids are chosen to play a game with stakes higher than anyone anticipated."
It follows Ophelia Halwn, Eri Ammit, Elijah Lustre, and Nikola Tapio.
Delta provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: In Chapter 5, it is revealed her mother often put down Eri. She even goes as far as to think her mother would "rather have a dead daughter than a living one.
- all lowercase letters: Seen in Eri's conversation with Kodak in Chapter 5.
- Blind Justice: Eri is blind, and she talks about aspiring to become an Enforcer and bring justice..
- Deadpan Snarker:
- Eri is very sarcastic, to the point where Ophelia doesn't know whether she's kidding or not.
- Elijah too. Ophelia remarks on this.
- Fauxdian Slip: "[Eri] listened for the names of any allies. Acquaintances. She meant acquaintances. No she didn't."
- Flat "What": From Eri, when Kodak suggested she might have a crush on Ophelia.
- Friendless Background: Eri states she has "no friends to share the victory with". She did have a friend in Kodak, but they lost contact before the events of Delta.
- Handicapped Badass: Despite being blind, Eri still manages to hold her own against three others, or at least when Ophelia distracts them.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Nikola says "ey never had big dreams."
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Ophelia is light to Eri's dark.
- Meaningful Name: Nikola. Tapio is the name of a forest and hunting god, referring to the fact that "ey got most of what ey needed from the forest". Ey also "tracks" Elijah in Chapter 7.
- Momma's Boy: Elijah is very close to his mother.
- Nice Girl: Compared to the other three main characters, Ophelia seems to the most even-tempered and average out of the four of them.
- Not So Stoic: Eri claims to know what's she feeling and why she's feeling it at all times, but is extremely anxious when a liquid was injected into her and is distressed when she talks to Kodak about her feelings about Ophelia.
- Oblivious to Love: Nikola doesn't understand Elijah's nervousness around him, especially when ey set er hand on top of his.
- Prophet Eyes: Eri has completely white eyes.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Quite literally; Elijah's hair is dyed pink.
- Rich Bitch: Elijah, somewhat. He is implied to come from a wealthy family. He completely blows off Ophelia, snarks at Eri, although she's more than capable of holding her own, and is implied to have violent, but suppressed, feelings for another person.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Elijah is rude to Ophelia, and tends to brush her off, but is kind and nice to Nikola, probably because of his crush on em.