Detective Inspector Adam Fawley is the titular protagonist of a series of books by Cara Hunter. They are Police Procedural novels set in Oxford but notably not about Oxbridge.
Books in the series
- Close to Home
- In the Dark
- No Way Out
- All the Rage
- The Whole Truth
- Accidental Murder: In No Way Out.
- Babies Make Everything Better: Alex and Adam's relationship has been ruined since their son Jake's suicide. Then Alex finds out she's pregnant and their relationship is back on.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Vicky Neal and Pippa Walker from In the Dark.
- Corrupted Character Copy:
- Close To Home: The genius girl (Daisy) from a lower middle class apparently not particularly intelligent family bears a passing resemblance to Matilda. And she fled town with her teacher as her adopted mother. But Daisy is heavily implied to be a sociopath, meaning that the teacher should watch out.
- In The Dark: Vicky from No Way Out for Ma in Room. Both are apparently young women held captive as a Bunker Woman where they were raped repeatedly over a period of years and conceived a son with their captor. But Vicky isn't. She's faking it all for attention and money.
- Cain and Abel: Vicky and Tricia Neal from In the Dark.
- Driven to Suicide: Adam and Alex's son Jake was deeply depressed and committed suicide before he was a teenager.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Dr William Harper in In the Dark