Cherubion is a fantasy world created by Hungarian author István Nemes under the penname Jeffrey Stone, and the setting of two main trilogies and several side stories, including by other authors. The main story concerns meek Swiss teacher Leon Silver as he enters a strange portal just as he would die, and is transported to the eponymous world. There, he has to discover why he got there and who he really is, but he soon finds himself embroiled in a war between three demigods, disciples of the mysterious Kevanaar who once ruled the land.
Naturally has a lot of spoilers, since almost nobody outside of Hungary has read it.
- All Just a Dream: Or Was It a Dream?
- It's a mix. Cherubion is the shared subconscious of several million mildly psychic humans, but also a possible future of Earth.
- Big Bad: Sang in the first trilogy, the Warlord of Dawn in the second.
- Black-and-Grey Morality: Almost none of the power players in Cherubion are particularly good people, but Sang takes the cake in either trilogy.
- Black-and-White Morality: On the other hand, the Cherubs are no worse than modern humans and are led by a Gandhi-like figure [[who is the unknown fourth disciple of Kevanaar]].
- The Heavy: It was mostly Sang's plot that moved the events of the first trilogy forward with the exception of Otoaak's invasion. In comparison, the Warlord of Dawn is not even present for most of the second trilogy.
- Human Aliens: The Ghird because they are descended from humans. The Cherubs are technically also this since despite having descended from normal Earth animals, some of them look quite humanoid. Meanwhile [[spoiler:the Eemsi subvert this, having descended from humans, but looking monstrous.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Most Eemsi and Kunigaami are like this.
- Shapeshifting: The Ghird and the Merghanis
- Tomato in the Mirror: Leon Silver is a Ghird.