Camp Zombie stars Corey and Amanda as they head off to summer camp at Camp Harvest Moon, a place with a reputedly checkered past. About a day into the camp, strange events began to occur at. What is going on? Is it pranks performed by the other campers, or is it something more sinister?
In the sequel Camp Zombie: The Second Summer Corey and Amanda have to save their cousin Griffen after he finds himself dropped off at summer camp by his parents and eventually realizes it is the place he's heard his cousins refer to as Camp Zombie.
Tropes present in this work:
- Adults Are Useless: McDonald, the camp director is extremely calm, cool and collected. But he doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that something is really wrong with the camp he bought. Brian might count as well, but we didn't too many scenes of him to call him useless.
- Awesome McCoolname: Griffen Alexander is named after the mythological creature and his last name references Alexander the Great.
- Hazardous Water: The zombies emerge from the lake.
- Sadist Teacher: Not only is Corey's camp counselor Brian cruel, he is also a zombie.
- Sequel: The Original Title: The second book is titled Camp Zombie: The Second Summer, and the third Camp Zombie III: The Lake's Revenge.
- Summer Camp of Horrors: Camp Harvest Moon is known as Camp Zombie for a reason, and the camp counselors are among the groups that contain zombies.