Arrow and Ace is an ongoing Web Serial Novel about teenagers in a world where everyone has superpowers. The main story follows the high schooler Sai Takada although it rotates the point of view between multiple characters.
It is named for its main character and her best friend, an explicitly asexual costume designer and an aromantic archer respectively.
It can be read on Wordpress.
Arrow and Ace contains examples of:
- Alliterative Title: Arrow And Ace.
- Animate Dead: Hades' talent.
- Asexuality: Sai is explicitly asexual.
- The Bad Guys Are Cops: The Peacock certainly seems to think so.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Hades. Layla is a nice and enthusiastic girl, she just happens to also raise the dead.
- Childhood Friends: Jake and Sai are so close because theyve known each other since elementary school.
- Clark Kenting: Andrew doesn't make a lot of effort to hide his physical similarities to The Peacock, after all, they both have blue hair.
- Differently Powered Individual: Super powers are called talents. People who use their powers are called talent users.
- Everyone is a Super: After puberty every single person has a talent. Most of them aren't at all useful, but them's the breaks.
- Fights Like a Normal: The Peacock doesnt actually use his talent to beat people, instead he uses his skills as a fencer.
- Friendly Ghost: The ghost who lives in the basement that becomes the Council's base is literally named Casper. He's friendly, if a bit shy.
- High School: Most of the characters are in high school and a large part of the story takes place at Jefferson High, Sai, Jake and Andrew's school.
- Intro-Only Point of View: Perspective shifts are common within chapters. For instance, The Peacock's first chapter begins with a homeless boy's point of view and Ryder's with a barista's.
- The Masquerade Will Kill Your Dating Life: It's unclear why exactly Andrew and Gabriel broke up, but it's hinted that Andrew's secret life played a pretty large role.
- Mass Super-Empowering Event: The entire world received talents in a single event in 1943.
- One Person, One Power: Every person has a talent, but they only get one.
- Power Incontinence: Every passive talent user.
- Present Day: Mostly, it's actually set in 2015.
- Puberty Superpower: Talents manifest around the time of puberty.
- School Play: Both Sai and Andrew are incredibly involved in Jefferson High's production of Post-Apocalyptic Hamlet. The actors and concept are good, but internal conflict is messing everything up.
- Secret Identity: Andrew/The Peacock - played with with Hades. Aaron keeps saying she should have one, but shes not so keen on it.
- Secret Keeper: Robin is the only one who knows The Peacock's secret identity.
- Vigilante Man: Andrew defies the law to protect people from the law.