American Kitsune is a series of books written by Brandon Varnell
Kevin Swift is a normal guy who has the worst luck with women. It's not that he's unattractive or unpopular, he just Cannot Talk to Women. One day, he rescues an injured fox off the streets. Said fox turns out to be a kitsune who can take on human form, and falls madly in love with him. Suddenly, Kevin's life has gotten a lot more interesting.
This book series provides examples of
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A frequent running gag is Lillian arguing with the narrator.
- Butt-Monkey: Invoked. Eric is specifically called this by Lillian. She even brings up the trope in question
- Cannot Talk to Women: Kevin has this problem at the beginning
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Near the end of the second book when Kevin goes to confess his feelings to Lindsay Lillian is tempted to screw it up for him but thanks to her Character Development decides not to.
- Shout-Out: Dozens. TV Tropes itself gets a shout out in the second book.