All Hands! Comes with: Space Adventure! Action! Battle! Sacrifice! A sci-fi military short story, sold online. Oh yeah, it's also written by E. G. Castle.
All Hands! contains examples of:
- Going Down with the Ship: Mr. Fort, Captain Harcourt, Chief Engineer Lisle. Not that the two former had a choice.
- I Shall Taunt You: Captain Harcourt to the Affastffern, to get them to focus on his ship and not the merchant it's protecting.
- Leave No Survivors: The Treeblossom and its crew get all killed.
- Medals for Everyone: Every named character gets one... Posthumously.
- No Sense of Humor: Mrs. Cousins.
- Ramming Always Works: Subverted, but done anyway. They specifically say it's preposterous, but make it work anyway, because the opposing ship temporarily loses its engines.
- Red Alert: The story starts with a call over the ship's speakers, telling everyone to get to their battle stations.
- Red Shirt: Major subversion. Every named character dies, but a large number of the Starcougarís crew survive.
- Space Pirates: The Affastffern Confederationís navy is apparently more or less made up of these.
- This Is Not a Drill: The alert at the beginning includes the phras, 'This is not a drill' and even repeats it.