A woman named Ophelia Chan suffering from a melancholy she cannot explain spends a night out, where she encounters an unusual man who understands all too well how she feels. A Standalone in The Kindness of Devils.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Astaroth may be a devil, but he helps get Ophelia out of her depressed slump. In the broader universe, he is one of the most benevolent of hell's denizens.
- I Never Told You My Name: Astarorth casually mentions Ophelia's name, who replies that she "never told you my-" before concluding that she must be dreaming.
- Lonely Together: Astaroth's MO with those who are depressed and alone: reminding them that they are all walking the same roads.
- Recycled Premise: The premise of a depressed woman meeting a supernatural creature is similar to Scraggle's The Gangrene Man, even if the interactions are not quite the same.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Astaroth tends to show up and vanish when nobody is looking, without any sign he was there.
- Title Drop: Not for the short itself, but the series title is mentioned when Astaroth notes the people can "always depend of the kindness of devils".