In the book, Suzy-Sue goes to bed, only to find some of the animals trying to sleep in her bed, and failing because there's no room for them all.
She tells them to go to their own bed, but they're not satisfied with their bed. She puts them to bed anyway, but falls asleep trying to tell them a goodnight poem, so they put her back.
This episode provides examples of
- Blanket Tug O' War: Implied. The animals are said to "hog the covers" when they're trying to share with Suzy-Sue.
- Catching Some Z's: "Z"s are seen flying out of Suzy-Sue's mouth when she snores.
- Civilised Animal: The animals wear pyjamas and sleep in a bed, but they also live on a farm and their bed is in a barn.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: The cow puts on pyjamas when she gets into bed with Suzy-Sue.
- "Getting Ready for Bed" Plot:
- The plot is about Suzy-Sue and the animals at bedtime, trying to get into the correct beds.
- Suzy-Sue reads the animals "a book about going to bed".
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: The horse wears a shirt and nothing else as his sleepwear.
- Messy Pig: The pigsty is described as "smelly".
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, Suzy-Sue has kept the animals awake with her snoring before.