Full Title: My 【Repair】Skill Became an Almighty Cheat Skill, So I Thought Id Open Up a Weapon Shop
The main character, Luke, has been an adventurer for fifteen years, but he could only use the skill [Repair]. Because of that, he was known as the eternal rank E, third-rate adventurer.
One day, Luke was hired for cheap by a heros party to do odd jobs, when he was forced to bear the consequences caused by the heros mistake, and was left behind in the labyrinth of a difficult-to-clear dungeon.
Luke was prepared for death, but his [Repair] skill evolved during his survival from the brink of death, and Luke managed to escape.
Now that Luke had returned alive, he decided to stop doing dangerous jobs and turned over a new leaf.
Using his evolved [Repair] skill, Luke opened up a weapon shop for adventurers in a village with a small dungeon.
He aimed for a slow life with his second life. His second life, where he lived quietly and comfortably!
at least, thats what he thought, when a major incident shaking the entire country appeared before Lukes eyes ..?
Associated Names【Shuufuku】 Skill ga Bannou Cheat-ka shita node, Bukiya demo Hirakou ka to Omoimasu【修復】スキルが万能チート化したので、武器屋でも開こうかと思います
- Achievements in Ignorance: Not only does Luke learn how truly awesome his "repair" skill is by sheer accident, but the entire population at large learns that dungeons can be linked to each other, separated only by a single wall or door, again purely by accident.
- Black-and-Grey Morality: The humans are a mix of good and bad, but the dungeon boss races, especially the "demon king" are Always Chaotic Evil, with maybe a few Evil Virtues.
- Downer Beginning: Luke's life story is pretty harsh, even before he's blamed for "the hero's" own negligence and abandoned in a dungeon to die.
- Dungeon-Based Economy: People are dependent on dungeons to get the raw materials they need to run society, especially the metal "Mythril" which is so rare and powerful that it's heavily regulated by the kingdom.
- Enemy Eats Your Lunch: The reason Luke starts the story abandoned in a dungeon to die is that the party leader, Falcon, carelessly disrupted the camp's barrier and then set it up in a random location, leaving their supplies vulnerable, so the party "had to discard a member" and a paralyzed Luke Got Volunteered.
- Fantasy Metals: Two. Mithril, of course, and Hihiirokane, an ore from "the far east" that allows weapons forged from it to convert its wielder's mana to powerful fire magic attacks.
- Guilt-Free Extermination War: The demon king, regardless of race, and his followers are so heinous, that exterminating them, down to the last, is an event to celebrate.
- Made Out to Be a Jerkass: Luke. Not only does the "hero" Falcone blame him for the loss of supplies due to his own carelessness, but Falcone's backer turns around and accuses Luke of abandoning the hero party and leaving them to die instead, purely to steal the Hero's sword, and when that accusation is debunked, then tries to accuse Luke of killing the hero to cover up a mithril smuggling operation. When that accusation also gets debunked, The King tells the guy, "shut it, you damn windbag" albeit in far more diplomatic terms.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Luke's "repair" skill is initially only useful for making repairs on tools, weapons, and armors, but after leveling it to its maximum level, it becomes a Swiss-Army Superpower that can do almost anything, even dismantling and "repairing" spells!
- Slavery Is a Special Kind of Evil: Not only is slavery illegal in Luke's country, but the treatment of slaves by "the demon king" is utterly horrific. Said slaves being killed on a whim, or merely to Salt the Earth.