In the hopes of pleasing her father and bringing prestige and honor to the Lumiere family, Eliana, the eldest daughter of the Duke of Lumiere, has been training hard for years to be the best marriage candidate for Alvin, the crown prince of Threnvale.
Her efforts finally pay off, and she ends up getting engaged to the prince, despite not having any feelings for him. Things go awry, however, when Eliana's bratty little sister, Luna, demands that her hand in marriage should be given to the prince instead, as she is the one who truly loves him. After Eliana rebuffs her demands, Luna ends up throwing a fit and refuses to get out of bed for days, and won't eat or drink until she is given what she wants. The Duke of Lumiere gives in, believing that it doesn't really matter which of his daughters marries the prince, as their social status isn't going to fall any further.
When Eliana hears that her engagement to the prince will be given to Luna instead, she runs into her room in despair. She then looks up at a painting of a dragon and decides that she will sacrifice herself as a dragon bride to give her family prosperity in accordance with an old tradition that involves families sacrificing their daughters to a dragon that lives at the bottom of a volcano in order to be granted eternal prestige and harvest as well as a yearly stipend from the kingdom. But just when she jumps off a cliff into a pool of magma inside a volcano, a huge red dragon swoops in and swallows her. He quickly spits her out once he realizes that she is a human.
After Eliana comes to, she sees that there really was a dragon at the bottom of the volcano. The dragon then shifts into his human form and introduces himself as the "Avaricious Greed" of the seven dragon pillars and decides to humor the dragon bride custom of her culture by taking her in as his bride.
Imouto ni Fianse wo Yuzure to Iwaremashita, Saikyou no Ryuu ni Kiniirarete Masakano Okoku Nottori?(妹に婚約者を譲れと言われました 最強の竜に気に入られてまさかの王国乗っ取り) note or it's official English title My Little Sister Stole My Fiance: The Strongest Dragon Favors Me And Plans To Take Over The Kingdom? is a fantasy romance web Light Novel and manga series written by Kashiwaten with illustrations by COMTA and hi8mugi.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: The King of Threnvale and one of his top magicians know magic exists, permit sacrifices every ten years to the dragon for a bountiful harvest but don't actually believe the dragon Greed to really exist. Then Greed crashes into the throne room to save Eliana.
- Arranged Marriage: Eliana is set to marry Prince Alvin at the beginning, though she later is replaced by her younger sister, Luna.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: When nudity occurs in the manga, certain attributes are notably missing.
- Beast and Beauty: Greed, a fearsome dragon who is known to burn down anyone that get in his way, deeply cherishes the beautiful and kind Eliana, though he is very reluctant to admit it.
- Big Damn Heroes: In chapter 13, Greed arrives to save Eliana from being beheaded by her former kingdom when she went there to open diplomatic relations with them.
- Bullying a Dragon: Literally. Eliana, as the dragon bride and queen of the newly formed kingdom of Greed, was sent as an ambassador to negotiate with the kingdom of Threnvale. The first thing the authorities do is attack and critically injure her, then feign an audience to publicly ridicule and denounce her, and then sentence her to death. Greed is so astounded and angry at their stupidity that he immediately decides to take control of the kingdom.
- Character Development:
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Greed punishes Eliana's father to suffer from insomnia and to eventually succumb to the bodily failures that result from prolonged insomnia, including death for his cruel treatment of Eliana.
- Dragons Are Divine: Dragons are revered as godly creatures. The dragon's bride tradition is meant to appease the dragon for a bountiful harvest.
- Driven to Suicide: Since none of her family actually cares about her, after she offers to become the "dragon's bride" and jump into a volcano, Eliana at the beginning really has no reason left to live and wants to die.
- Everyone Has Standards:
- Greed is mildly shocked that humans have come up with the crazy idea that sacrificing a young girl to him every ten years will earn them a bountiful harvest. This makes no sense to him because of all the dragons, he is one who rots and destroys the area around him.
- After recognizing how abusive and cruel her family can be, Eliana asks for mercy towards Luna when Greed is inches from killing her petulant sister. She doesn't plan to forgive her sister or seek a pardon on her behalf, but Luna is still her sister who she used to love.
- Finger-Suck Healing: Greed sucks on Eliana's finger in order to remove a splinter, much to her embarrassment.
- Flowers of Femininity: The meek and delicate Eliana has a blue rose in her hair.
- Foreshadowing: Eliana's slapping of a chauvinistic pig who pinned her to a wall shows that if pushed, she can become more formidable. She eventually grows stronger with resolve and a happier living arrangement.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Greed's true dragon form initially scares Eliana too much, so he transforms into a beautiful human to calm her down.
- Girlish Pigtails: Luna has her hair done in two pigtails. It's fitting considering how childish and irresponsible she is.
- Gold Digger: Luna seeks to better her station without regard to others. At the start of the story, she seeks to usurp Eliana as the fiancee to the Crown Prince. Later when Greed has arrived to save Eliana from the royal court about to kill her and then takes over the kingdom, Luna offers to serve Greed like Eliana does. When Eliana asks what about her engagement to Alvin, Luna angrily screams that it means nothing since he won't be king anymore. She then tries to make Eliana seem like a gold digger towards Greed, but he has none of it.
- Hyperspace Wardrobe: Jill magically dresses herself with her vines after Eliana asks her to wear clothes.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: All Eliana wished for was the love of her family. Being denied that, she tries to kill herself at the beginning. She vows to devote her life to her dragon husband after receiving affection for the first time from Greed.
- Interspecies Romance: Between the dragon Greed and the human Eliana. Greed decides on a whim to marry Eliana, but her incredibly kind, devoted and unprejudiced nature makes him fall for her for real.
- Laser-Guided Karma:
- Prince Alvin wishes to maintain his place as Crown Prince and be King in time. To do this, he seeks the political marriage with the Lumiere family. When the younger sister Luna pursues him and requests he take her as his bride, he agrees to the switch. He then promptly finds out Luna is a spoiled imbecile who never took any training in protocols or other studies. To add to his problems, she is causing problems with his noble allies, whose continued support he needs to retain his place as Crown Prince.
- Luna stole her sister's fiance and ruined her reputation so she can become the future Queen of the Kingdom. This would eventually lead to Eliana meeting Greed, who later takes over the kingdom and overthrow the royal family due to the way they treated her.
- After years of treating his eldest daughter like a pawn and never caring about her wellbeing, Eliana's father gets a "The Reason You Suck" Speech by Eliana herself who calls him out for being a bastard who never cared about her yet expects her to save her from Greed. Greed himself also curses her father to forever suffer insomnia to ensure he will die a long and painful death.
- Long Title: The series has an extremely long title even by light novel standards.
- Morality Pet: Eliana brings out the best traits of Greed. Hurting her is a surefire way to get killed.
- The Needless: The horse familiars Greed creates with his magic do not need to eat or sleep and can't reproduce.
- Greed is on a level few other named characters can reach. He effortlessly takes and reflects attacks by mages and knights against him.
- After being drenched in Greed's saliva, Eliana has gotten a resistance to fire and heat, and she is not affected by Greed's poisonous scales.
- Our Nymphs Are Different: The Unnamed Dryad who lives in the forest and is aware of anything that happens in her woods, is also able to make offshoots of herself into humanoid figures who can help Greed with Eliana.
- Parental Favoritism: For whatever reason, Eliana's younger sister, Luna, was always favored by their parents. She never had to undertake training like Eliana did, and after Luna throws a fit for not getting to marry the prince, her father eventually swaps fiancées.
- Proper Lady: Domestic, submissive, dutiful and graceful, Eliana is a kind soul, who only wishes to serve her family. However, the constant mistreatment and denial of any familial love eventually leads to her being Driven to Suicide. Eliana eventually Grew a Spine after meeting Greed and is now Silk Hiding Steel.
- Secret Test of Character: Becoming the dragon's bride is another fancy way to become a Human Sacrifice, the noble's family in turn would gain prestige for doing so. What Eliana wanted to find out is whether her family would love her enough to stop her from sacrificing herself. What she finds is her father only caring about still being able to make use of Eliana and at the same time gain even more reputation for his family.
- Shipper on Deck: Jill is very invested in Greed and Eliana's relationship, even moreso than their parent Dryad seemed to be.
- Third-Person Person: Luna keeps referring to herself by her name, a hint that she is extremely childish and self-centered.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Eliana saves Luna from Greed from killing her after the Luna insults her older sister and tries to paint her as a Gold Digger, rather than thanking or apologize to her sister, Luna instead continues to insults her and vows revenge.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Greed can at will transform into a humanoid body or adjust his size.
- Virgin in a White Dress: As the dragon's bride, Eliana initially is sacrificed in a white wedding dress.
- Wall Pin of Love: After it's been anonounced that the prince's hand in marriage would given to Luna instead of Eliana, a random creep tells Eliana that he heard rumors about her losing her place as the Crown Prince's bride due to her infidelity. He then pins Eliana against a wall and tries proposition her into going out with him. Eliana manages to break free from his grasp by slapping him.