Hyouketsu Kyoukai No Eden is the story of Sheltis Magna Yehle who came back after falling from Eden and has harbored a lot of dark energy in his body called "mateki" while removing any traces of all the light energy he has in his body called "shinryoku". Unfortunately, that means he can't touch the body of his Childhood Friend, Ymy Ele Soufflenictole who is one of the five priestesses who are protecting Eden.
Forced to become an exile, he spends the next two years living in a cafe until another disaster happens at Eden. Will he get his chance at finally being able to reunite with Ymy?
Tropes relating to Hyouketsu Kyoukai No Eden
- Bash Brothers: Sheltis and Leon. They also formed a Friendly Rivalry with each other back in the day before Sheltis fell and when Sheltis finally comes back, Leon tells him to get up to his level already.
- Blessed with Suck: Ymy has one of the greatest shinryoku powers in the series. Unfortunately, Sheltis harbors a seventh level mateki with his body and because both amounts are on par with each other, it causes an Elbert Resonance, meaning they can't touch each other. It causes angst for both parties.
- Dual Wielding: Sheltis' preferred fighting style.
- Escaped from Hell: This is how the story starts, with Sheltis coming back from the seventh level of the Garden of Corrupted Song <Eden>.
- Glass Cannon: Because he's carrying a lot of mateki in him, Sheltis is capable of breaching a Yuugenshu's defenses like it was nothing. However, the reverse also applies in that Sheltis is vulnerable against them.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Both Sheltis and Ymy are forced to not being able to hold hands with each other. Any physical contact with their body results in an Elbert Resonance reaction, which means sparks literally will form and it would hurt the both of them.