Kawaikereba Hentai Demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka (known in English as Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie? or shortened to Hensuki) is a 2017 light novel series written by Tomo Hanama and illustrated by sune. The series later received a manga adaptation (illustrated by CHuN) in November 2017 and an anime adaptation in July 2019.
After putting away cleaning supplies for the Calligraphy Club and returning to the clubroom, Keiki Kiryū finds an anonymous love letter addressed to him, along with a pair of panties. As someone who desperately wishes to have a girlfriend, Keiki decides to find the sender of the letter and panties, and starts by narrowing the list of suspects to the girls who were in the clubroom before he left. Unfortunately, his investigation of these girls reveals that while all of them have feelings for him, they're also hardcore perverts who want him to participate in their fetishes! Would Keiki be willing to fall in love with any of these perverts as long as they're cuties?
This light novel and anime series provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: Zigzagged. There are additional scenes in the anime that didn't appear in the light novel, as well as light novel segments that didn't make it into the anime. Episode 7 is an example of both, since Keiki's thought process about choosing someone for the double date is expanded upon, but at the same time, Shōma's Freudian Excuse for his lolicon ways wasn't included.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: In episode 6, one of Koharu's photos of Ayano Fujimoto show her doing council work with Shiho Takasaki and Airi Nagase, the Student Council President and Treasurer respectively. In the light novel, Airi is introduced in Volume 4 while Shiho is introduced in Volume 6, though Airi states that she was present during the trash cleanup operation in Volume 2 and that Keiki didn't notice her.
- Club Stub: When Sayuki's seniors graduated and left her as the sole member of the Calligraphy Club, the club was in danger of disbanding due to a lack of members. Fortunately, Keiki joining is enough to save the club, since two members seems to be the minimum in this particular school.
- Friendly Rivalry: Keiki's haremettes are in an obvious rivalry, though they do care about each other. Whenever Keiki is on bad terms with one of them, the others will give advice to Keiki on how to make up with their rival.
- Japanese School Club: Sayuki is the president of the Calligraphy Club, and Keiki joined more to keep the club afloat than out of interest in calligraphy. Yuika, Mao, and Mizuha join as well when they realize that Sayuki has an advantage in spending time with Kiryu due to being in the same club. The other members tend to use the club as a means to engage in their fetishes, though when their club is being inspected, they do perform some proper calligraphy by drawing characters related to their fetishes.
- The Reveal: The end of Volume 3 reveals Mizuha is Cinderella and is not blood-related to Keiki. While this revelation ends the mystery of searching for the sender of the love letter, it doesn't end Keiki's search for a girlfriend, since he later discovers that Mizuha is just as perverted as the rest of his Unwanted Harem.
- School Festival: In Volume 7, the Calligraphy Club has to earn enough profit from the culture festival in order to make up for misusing the club budget and avoid being disbanded. Starting a successful Maid Cafe in the festival turns out to be harder than the club thought, though Sayuki successfully uses a different festival activity to advertise the club's cafe and boost their customers.