VintageBeef is the handle of a Canadian named Daniel who's known for several YouTube Let's Plays, most famously his Minecraft and Skyrim series. He's also a well-known member of the Mindcrack Server and a founding member of the pranking organization Team Canada.
Tropes that apply to VintageBeef:
- Beware the Nice Ones: Normally a very nice and unassertive guy, but pushing him too far can be fatal, as Guude found out the hard way.
- Big Damn Heroes: Just when Beef is about to be overwhelmed by the corrupt guards of Markarth, two of them go flying from fire and ice spells as Erandur, who had previously been knocked off a cliff, returns to the fight.
- Car Fu: Used with mixed success in his and Kurt's F1 Let's Play, especially when being lapped by Kurt's closest competitors.
- Darkest Hour: Episode 14 of his Skyrim series. As he puts it: "This has not been a good day. I've stolen, I've murdered, I lost Lydia, and I ran away from dragons."
- Disney Villain Death: Infamous for doing this in Minecraft, to the point that it's referred to as "doing a Beef" on the Mindcrack Server.
- Drives Like Crazy: Nicknamed "The Bad Boy of F1" in his and Kurt's F1 Let's Play for a reason. When things go right, he can turn in top notch lap time(s). When things go wrong, they go horribly wrong. Tends to come away with at least one collision penalty and one corner cutting warning per race.S 2 E 9: (Kurt just turned a race best 1:36.694) Whoa, did I just run a 1:36.5?! (1:36.550 to be exact!)
- Epic Fail: Tries to escape the Dark Brotherhood recruitment mission... by taking a nap in the same bed he woke up in inside the shack.
- He also pulls some team-killing shenanigans worthy of Caboose when he uses Storm Call in his first try at killing Alduin in Sovngarde, which does nothing but kill his allies and prevent him from using Dragonrend for the rest of the very short battle.
- He tries to ram a car ahead of Kurt as it laps him in F1 season one and misses, entering the sand pit and hitting the wall at well over 70mph.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Beef gets over the loss of Erandur rather quickly.
- Honor Before Reason: Chooses to fight his way out of Markarth rather than submit and go to jail for crimes he didn't commit... even though that's the only way to advance the quest chain.
- Kleptomaniac Hero / Single-Issue Wonk: Grows out of the "steal everything that isn't nailed down" phase fairly quickly, with one exception: "Take all the produce!"
- Only Sane Man: Often forced into this role on Team Canada in contrast to Pause's Boisterous Bruiser and Etho's Mad Scientist.
- Ramming Always Works: See Car Fu.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Kurt's Blue in their F1 Let's Play. More gas, less brake, less restraint, far less consistency. See Drives Like Crazy.
- Shout-Out: Filled Kurt's base with references to Far Lands or Bust as a prank after Kurt went on a brief hiatus to "remind him of all the cool stuff he's missing", and even played the relevant Stupid Statement Dance Mix while doing so.
- Skewed Priorities: Spends the vampire/Erandur/bandit fight in Episode 55 grabbing gold, doing some light reading and appraising the furniture.
- Weapon of Choice: Mainly uses the Mace of Molag Bal in Skyrim.