Twitch Plays Pokémon (TPP) is a series of social experiments that started in February 2014 in which commands representing buttons on an original Nintendo 3DS, DS, Game Boy Advance, or Game Boy are entered into a chat on Twitch, and then translated into a game of Pokémon via an IRC bot. In short, over 100,000 people are fighting over a controller. Throughout its life, Twitch Plays Pokémon has spawned hilarious characters, memorable moments, a World Record, and even a few religions.
Twitch Plays Pokemon Conquest, an intermission between Twitch Plays Pokémon Black and Twitch Plays Pokémon Black 2, is a special run of Pokémon Conquest were our heroes, the Voices, play the game entirely in Democracy Mode. The tale follows a young girl named ABnp3a, or Lady A.B. III, as she and her friend Oichi fight a war lasting around 20 years where they wage war against Oda Nobunaga and his Pokemon Warlords all while maturing into womanhood on the field of battle just as the Voices grow to accept the necessity of Democracy.
This was theorized to be the Origin Story of the Hivemind, but we all know how continuity functions with this little pack of goofs sometimes.
Tropes found in the main game include:
- Anachronism Stew: In Pokémon canon, the Ransei region, despite the 1500s Japanese get-up and motif, exists within the same timeframe as the main series. An explanation for this in TPP canon is that it is set in the past, but pieces of the present are seeping in as a result of the damage Bill's Randomizer did to the timeline.
- Coming-of-Age Story: If she had started her journey at the age of ten like some of the other protagonists of the series thus far, then the time that has elapsed during the story leaves ABnp3a pushing thirty.
- Christmas Cake: Lady A.B. III towards the very end.
- Divine Intervention: The Streamer had to play the game itself near the end to link A.B. with Arceus, because Anarchy and Democracy weren't as effective.
- Heroic Lineage: Lady A.B. III is said to be the ancestor of Alice from the FireRed run. Subverted since Alice's father Bill, the antagonist from the first six runs, is also part of A.B.'s lineage.
- Oddball in the Series: While it is the first of two, intermission-based runs that make Democracy Mode its central focus, it's also the only completed game to be a Strategy RPG.
- Pals with Jesus: With Arceus, otherwise known as the Streamer, at the very end.
- Prequel: Happens many years before Twitch Plays Pokémon Red and its later runs.
- She Is All Grown Up: Lady A.B. III upon her evolution.