Twitch Plays Pokémon (TPP) is a series of social experiments that started in February 2014 in which commands representing buttons on an original Game Boy Advance (Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, L, R, Start; with Select being re-enabled later on during the event) are entered into a chat on Twitch, and then translated into a game of Pokémon via an IRC bot. In short, thousands of people are fighting over a controller. Throughout its life, Twitch Plays Pokémon has spawned hilarious characters, memorable moments, and even a few religions.
Twitch Plays Pokémon Blazed Glazed is the second run of Season 4, and the 23rd run overall. Pokémon Blazed Glazed, the game being played during this run, is an improved version of Pokémon Glazed, itself a popular hack of Pokémon Emerald. Taking place in the region of Tunod, which was previously visited during Twitch Plays Pokémon Prism, it features Pokémon up to Generation VI, and even includes two postgame region, one of which being Johto. This run was also the second (and last) to use the Turbo Anarchy mechanic introduced in Chatty Yellow.
The run follows the adventures of AHUNIgg ("Ahuni"/"Honey"), a sweet young girl traveling across the Tunod region. However, she soon finds herself thrown in the middle of a world-colliding conflict, at the center of which is the nefarious Team Fusion. As her adventure go on, she will assemble a team of four-legged allies known as the Quad Squad, discover that she has the uncanny ability to slip through dimensions, and see a lot of donuts everywhere.
Twitch Plays Pokémon Blazed Glazed contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The Quad Squad is comprised of MGNNNNGGSC, . yh ,hgg, AAAAATMAAA, AAIIOQV, AAATTTTTTT, ...and Torterra.
- Arc Symbol: Donuts. They are a recurrent theme of the game itself ("Tunod" is "donut" spelled backwards, and one shop even sells actual glazed donuts), and as such have become iconic of the run itself. Ahuni herself is often represented with a donut-themed accessory, the most frequent being a donut hair clip.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: After catching Ho-Oh, Regina sent it to fight Ahuni, claiming that she "can't beat [her] with a LEGENDARY on [her] side". Ahuni's Mamoswine, "Ancient Tank", then swiftly proceeded to knock out said Legendary in a single hit, then did the same with Regina's remaining Pokémon.
- The Cutie:
- Ahuni is unanimously seen as a cute, sweet, innocent girl. Whereas it is not rare to see hosts interpreted as being haughty, jerks, or even downright psychopaths, depictions of Ahuni have been nothing◊ but truly adorable.
- Scolipede are 8 feet tall centipedes known to claw their prey to shreds before finishing them off with deadly poison. Then you have Hugbug, who... just wants to hug everyone◊, going straight from Nightmare Fuel to Creepy Cute, to downright Ridiculously Cute Critter.
- Everyone Lives: No Pokémon were released during this run.
- Game-Breaking Bug: While in the Bell Tower, the chat decided to purposely glitch the game to go out of bounds in order to interact with the offscreen Legendary Beasts. After battling them, they noticed several Ho-Oh scattered around, and, despite having been warned against it, ended up interacting with one of them. This caused them to get stuck out of bounds, forcing a reset.
- Good Bad Bugs: Due to a glitch, Kurt gave AHUNIgg a Premier Ball every time he was talked to, rather than only once. As a result, the chat spent two hours talking to him over and over, until they had over a thousand.
- Mythology Gag: One Trainer went by the name "START9", and had a team comprised of Pidgeot, Omastar, Zapdos, Lapras, Nidoking, and Charmeleon.