The Nova Quest, or simply Nova, is a group of currently 26 friends that produce various types of Let's Plays, including hardcores, one-off playthrough videos, and weekly live streams. The group was formed on February 17th, 2017. Under the "Nova Branch" title are hardcores, playthroughs of games such as Minecraft or Terraria where players have 1 life each, produced by members of Nova, with casts consisting of both Nova members and Non-Nova members, unlike the main Nova Quest Hardcore which includes exclusively Nova members. The main Nova channel can be found here.
Due to the sheer volume of Character Deaths in the series, only spoilers for the most recent seasons of each Nova Branch Hardcore and for season endings will be consistently covered up. Most other spoilers are unmarked. You Have Been Warned!
The Nova Branch Hardcores contain examples of:
- And This Is for...: A very common occurrence in Nova Branch Hardcores.
- Art Evolution: Starting with the reveal of Nova Quest Hardcores, the new portraits used in the majority of Nova Branch Hardcores.
- Ascended Extra: Lots of Nova members were featured as guests in Hardcoress before becoming official members.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens infrequently, mostly happening when introducing the series at the start and when the cast is reduced to just one person.
- Downer Ending: Most Hardcores that end in a loss.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Happens often.
- Dwindling Party: Due to the Hardcore format of death being permanent, this is to be expected.
- Falling Damage: A very common method of death throughout Nova Branch Hardcores.
- Instant-Win Condition: An Hardcore is considered "won" when the goal explained at the beginning of the series is achieved, whether it be defeating a boss or reaching a specific area.
- Killed Off for Real: The entire gimmick of any Hardcore series. When a player dies, they stay dead for the rest of the season.
- Killed Offscreen: Happens mostly with people who don't record.
- Memetic Mutation: Cri, behind you!