The Sunless Server is a modded Minecraft server using the ATLauncher sub-pack Absque Sole (Without the Sun). The server, initially created to host a pseudo-PvP roleplay series with the focus on a vampires vs werewolves conflict, is currently home to 16 characters of various backgrounds and mythological species (as well as a colourful range of genders and sexualities).
There are currently three series being recorded on the server:
Sunless Server provides examples of the following tropes.
- All Myths Are True
- All There in the Manual: Extensive information about the server and its inhabitants can be found on the official blog.
- Anachronism Stew: Bea and Luce come from a modern city and the Eldritch Realm apparently has a working internet connection, whilst the kingdom of Baedmahn is still stuck in the medieval era. This is lampshaded by Lyings reply when Czol asks a bizarre question:Czol: If you had to replace your legs with either a motorcycle or an airplane, which one would you do?Lying: I don't know what either of those things are.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The Eldritch Realm contains such horrifying things as torture, gore, and illegally streamed anime.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Applies to everyone, but especially the faeries.
- Blood Magic: Part of the Absque Sole modpack.
- Eldritch Location: The Nether and the Outer Lands; the later in particular, seeing as it's also commonly referred to as the Eldritch Realm.
- Fur Against Fang
- Hate at First Sight: The rivalry between Kirin and Lying.
- Hurricane of Puns
- Are We There Yet?: The roadtrip arc of the series.
- Blah Blah Blah: Lying when Fuzz is talking about Thaumcraft.
- Egocentric Team Naming
- Five-Man Band: The Band of the Fox, naturally.
- Kill the Cutie: Garion dies very early on in the series at the hands of the vampire Kirin... or at least the Garion from this universe does.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Gary shortly after the Band of the Fox gets ambushed.
- Terrible Interviewees Montage: Trials.
- Weird Aside: Czol, frequently.