GassyMexican: ...See this is where I wish I could see your facecam that eventually goes up afterwards, 'cos you're probably making some stupid face.
Adam Parris Montoya (born June 12, 1984), better known as SeaNanners, sometimes known as "The Banana Man," is a You-Tuber, formally a host of Machinima Respawn with Mr Sark and Hutch, starring in the series Hello, Everyone! My Name is SeaNanners. Nanners takes his five-million-plus YouTube subscribers on journeys through almost every manner of video game, from first-person shooters like Call of Duty: Black Ops to sandboxes like Minecraft, and nearly everything in between. He is known for his variety of videos, general friendliness, humour, occasionally discussing life and wisdom in his videos, limited wardrobe and generally being adept at most games he plays. His current format is to upload a highlights reel of his recent gaming session (usually in Garry's Mod), once a day. The people he plays with usually upload longer videos on their own channels that contain the bits in between.
From 2018 to 2020, SeaNanners suddenly went on hiatus for unknown reasons. When asked by a friend while they were playing together, he claimed that he, at least temporarily, had moved on from his Youtube career and was investing in real estate. (Source)
In August 2020, Seananners made a sudden return, discussing the reasons why he left and how he plans to make additional content going forward.
SeaNanners provides examples of:
- The Ace: Among his group of friends, Adam is perhaps the most skilled gamer, frequently dominating any game he participates in and coming up with great stunts that others would have difficulty replicating. Except, for perhaps, GassyMexican, who usually sees through his deceptions.
- Affably Evil: His game persona online. He'll politely barter with other players, generally being a friendly guy all the while... often planning to stab them in the back eventually. In real life, you can drop the evil part.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Done a lot in Grand Theft Auto V, although it's his character that's drunk, not Adam personally.
- Angrish: A variant where he throws in a lot of giggling and laughter.
- Annoying Laugh: To his fellow players, Adam's laugh when he is doing something sneaky or devilish. The people who play with Adam have learned to associate the two, especially in Hide and Seek-related games.SeaNanners finds a hiding spot underneath a pipe and starts giggling
GassyMexican: HEE-HEE-HEE! There's that stupid fucking laugh again! Don't you dare HEE-HEE... HEE-HEE-HEE...
SeaNanners: Hahahahaha! It's great every time!
(SeaNanners giggles some more.)
GassyMexican: Oh my God...
EatMyDiction1: No, it's not.
- Ax-Crazy: His default setting in multiplayer
- Bears Are Bad News: As he learns in this video from his girlfriend Cathy's channel.
- Black Comedy: While he doesn't usually go out of his way for this, it comes up a fair bit in The Hidden, TTT and Cards Against Humanity.
- Blatant Lies: On some occasions, he'll keep lying even when it's not plausible; his laughing doesn't help.
- Body Horror: Anytime a character model has a grotesque-looking neck when the head is turned, such as in Arma 3 or The Hunter, Adam and the others will take on the creepy voice of the "Necktwisters."
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Often times he corners his friends, but decides to taunt them rather than finish them off. See Humiliation Conga below. The worst part is that he can often get away with this and still win, although occasionally it does lead to his failure.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He may be silly, but make no mistake, he is very good at video games.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: How much of his behavior is calculated, natural, or just for the fun of it isn't clear.
- Adam tends to be murdered a lot in multiplayer games when he's innocent, owing to his being really good at manipulation to the point that other people try killing him straight away to prevent this.
- Hell, even the games he plays don't tend to cut him slack. In Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2, he spawns in as the token Nazi, causing people to make jokes that cross the line twice and accuse him of being a Nazi in real life.
- Other people getting this treatment in his videos tend to mostly be Goldy and Chilled, although nobody is safe from this treatment from time to time.
- Catchphrase: "Hello, everyone! My name is SeaNanners..." used to be this, although he tends not to say this so much anymore owing to format change.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Zig Zagged. His skill at video games is often attributed by his opponents to cheating (since he usually exploits odd glitches or less well known wonky physics) even though he isn't...maybe...
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Particularly in Prop Hunt, where he will either try to bargain with the hunters for survival by handing over the locations of other props, or will encourage props he finds to do this when hunting. He never keeps his word.
- Cloud Cuckoolander:
- Borders on it sometimes, although it's definitely exaggerated for entertainment purposes; Adam is a sane and coherent guy in real life.
- This exchange between him and Minx basically sums it up.Minx: If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many peppers did Peter Piper pick?
(Nanners picks up a bottle.)
SeaNanners: Alcohol! Yeah!
Minx: Correct! You're hired!
- Consummate Liar: When playing Trouble in Terrorist Town - it really helps him. It's so prevalent that his YouTuber buddies have a motto based around it - "Never Trust Nanners".
- Crossover: He regularly collaborates with CaptainSparklez, Daithi De Nogla, VanossGaming, GassyMexican, ChilledChaos, Mangaminx, Goldy, and Markiplier, as well as Cathy, his girlfriend. He's also appeared alongside PewDiePie a fair number of times, and has also appeared in one of InTheLittleWood's videos, as well as appearing in a charity livestream for the Legend of Verigan (specifically with Simon Lane and Lewis Brindley) and faced Funhaus in Blackwake with Chilled, AllShamNoWow and ZeRoyalViking.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass:
- Nanners is very silly and playful in most games, but he's still one of the most skilled players in his group, and it shows whenever he doesn't stoop to Bond Villain Stupidity. He's a good enough manipulator, player and entertainer that he can afford to goof off and still manage to win a large number of times.
- Referenced by name in title of the animated short, Crouching Mexican, Hidden Nanners.
- Crying Wolf: On the rare occasions when he's being completely honest, people tend not to believe him.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: When playing a game that wasn't Prop Hunt, Mr Sark once complained that he kept unconsciously looking down at his feet every time he entered a new room due to Nanner's penchant for darting under people with small props in prop hunt.
- Deadpan Snarker: When he's not laughing his ass off.
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: Or "taunt", but the principle still applies. Adam has a very bad habit of throwing easy Prop Hunt victories in favor of taunting his opponents, making them chase him around, or giving hints as to where he is.
- Did You Actually Believe...?:
- Often times he will offer his enemies "deals" in exchange for selling someone else out. He never keeps his end of the bargain.
- During a game of Hide And Seek, he leads the other seekers away from Cathy so she can hide, before dropping the ruse and calling them on believing he'd rat out his girlfriend.
- The Dreaded: The others have learned to be VERY aware of their well being whenever Adam is close by. Particularly prevalent in The Hidden and GTA V.Chilled Chaos: (After Adam kills many people in one go.) Was that Nanners or the military who did that?!''
Diction: (While voting on who is the last impostor) I don't believe Sark is good enough at this game to get this far. Nanners is adept at this game.Sark: (Also on the same meeting.) #NTN note .
- This reputation ends up biting him in the end during his impostor match in Among Us, as the last three remaining crew members, Sark, Diction and Adam (who is the final impostor), get called into a meeting where Sark immediately deduces that the last impostor is Adam which Diction agrees to, because both know Adam's skills in these kind of games.
- Flock of Wolves: Sometimes he will rig a Trouble in Terrorist Town game so that everybody except one person is a traitor. More often than not, the sole innocent is ChilledChaos.
- For the Evulz: Will do or say just about anything for a laugh. For this reason he's notoriously untrustworthy, leading to the NTN phrase, "Never Trust Nanners." He will also often go out of his way to humiliate others simply because he can.(kills 32 players as the only survivor of his group in King of the Kill)Adam: Well, this was fun, but I have to go now.(throws a grenate at the ground)Chilled: Think of all the pissed off people that died, only to have you kill yourself...
- The Gadfly: The only time he isn't talking or giggling like an idiot is when he's in danger of being caught/found out and needs to concentrate. And all parties involved are aware of it.Adam: Hello? Mark?Mark: Shut up! I must concentrate!Adam: Don't concentrate, talk to me so you mess up. And get shot.
- Genre Savvy:
- He knows how to manipulate people in gaming very well. Of course, he often gets hit by it in return, hence "Never Trust Nanners".
- The Reveal shocked the other players to the point that they decided to not let Adam host the games any more. Now the person hosting seems to be Max.
- Happily Adopted: The reason for his Spanish surname.
- Hidden Depths: For all of his frivolity and shenanigans, he's an intelligent, philosophical man with a great knowledge on various things from history over media to culture, as some of his videos will attest to. He's also quite a friendly guy.
- Humiliation Conga: Often times subjects his friends to these when he has them completely at his mercy.
- The Hyena:
- Around 50% of what comes out of his mouth is laughter. When he has to lie, his facecam shows him struggling to not laugh.
- In recent videos, people have weaponised Adam's laughter against him; they've noted the correlation between how close they are to their target in Prop Hunt and how much he is laughing, referring to it as "the retarded laughter" or "the Geiger counter".
- Animated videos now depict him as a dolphin when he's laughing his head off.
- Insane Troll Logic: Adam likes to use this to annoy his friends from time to time. The quote at the end of this video is a prime example.Adam: Yes I stabbed your vagina, but that doesn't make me a bad dude!
- It's Quiet… Too Quiet:
- Whenever playing Prop Hunt, Adam spends most of his time either taunting his opponents or laughing at them. The only times he goes silent are when he's dangerously close to one of the seekers, usually because he's trying to hold back laughter. His friends have become smart enough to realize this and tend to grenade the entire area just to be safe.
- This line often gets quoted exactly during group games.
- I Shall Taunt You:
- Does this a lot in The Hidden and Prop Hunt. It almost always works in his favor, too.
- He has his own voice pack in Blacklight Retribution which can replace the standard voice. In addition to standard actions in the game, the voice pack also features vocal taunts."Let's face it. You'll never be the man your mother was."
- Laser-Guided Karma: On occasion, Adam's antics will earn him an RDM, normally after he starts cheating. Few people will care. This has even led him to being banned from servers he created.
- Limited Wardrobe: Almost always seen in videos with his grey t-shirt. (Apparently he found a big box of them on sale one day.) Whenever he isn't wearing one, he tends to wear a red and white shirt with a jumper or sweater of some sort.
- Manchild: A self-proclaimed one, anyway.
- Never My Fault: Tends to adopt this mindset to annoy other players, notably with Jordan when he's having a streak of bad gameplay in Arma 3.
- One-Man Army: In The Hidden, he's pretty much unstoppable when playing as the titular character, whereas the others are good but not as good. This carries over into the Garry's Mod Stalker game mode, which plays very similarly, but with more powers for him to abuse. Averted in most other games where outside of his psychological taunting, he's on par with everyone else gameplay-wise.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: Regularly disparages his opponents as a means of making them get angry and more likely to screw up.Sark: Damnit! I'm being made fun of on the internet!
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Whenever he plays horror games.
- Scheherezade Gambit: Happens so often. See Bond Villain Stupidity above.
- Self-Deprecation: He titled one of his videos "My girlfriend cheats harder than I do".
- Sickening Sweethearts: Any time Adam plays with his girlfriend Cathy, or "Catabot", expect lots of "sweetheart"s and affection, plus him being a little more generous with her.
- Shout-Out: During this video, he's asked if he thinks a prop looks out of place. Adam replies "I don't detect any sort of disturbance in the force. We're good."
- Tempting Fate: In Prop Hunt, he has a tendency to throw away easy victories for the sake of trying to rub his potential victory in his opponents' faces. It occasionally works, but not often, and even if he does win he will die.
- Troll: He has his tendencies, especially when playing Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt, even moreso when playing Murder! since he actually rigged the game against them. Exaggerated when he discovers props that are invisible in Prop Hunt.
- The Reveal: In the twenty-third Murder video, Adam confesses that he has had the ability to rig any given Murder game, and has been using this ability, from the very start of the series, much to the shock and disbelief of his friends.SeaNanners: I have a confession to make. Would you like to hear my confession?
GoldGlove: Yes, I'll listen.
GassyMexican: Last time you said this, I died.
SeaNanners: Every round, every round I can decide who the murderer is. And as long as we've been playing this, I've known this fact.
GassyMexican: Are you really— is this for real?
CaptainSparklez: Are you serious?
SeaNanners: (giggling) This is for real!
CaptainSparklez: Is this a confession?
SeaNanners: (laughing) Yep!
CaptainSparklez: Oh my God!
GassyMexican: I hate you so much!
(GoldGlove throws his knife at Nanners.)
GassyMexican: Kill him! Kill him now!
GoldGlove: I'm so mad. I'm so mad at him. I am in a furious fucking rage—
GoldGlove: (gets shot by SeaNanners)—I'm so-(inhale)- maaaad!
SeaNanners: Okay! GoldGlove's gonna be the murderer~!
GoldGlove: Oh my God he's right!''
GassyMexican: Oh my God.. we're no longer playing games right now.
GoldGlove: I'm quitting! You're a cheatin' little bastard! You have been playing us this whole time.
- Unfriendly Fire: In Grand Theft Auto V... a lot.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With a lot of the people he plays with, notably CaptainSparklez and Max, aka GassyMexican. He actually helped Jordan (Captain) to get off the ground and become one of the big name channels on YouTube.