Pitchingace88, also known as Ace Charming (real name Trevor Johnson), is a YouTube commentator who is mainly known for his Let's Play videos of Criminal Case, although he also uploads gameplay videos of several other games, such as Tales from the Borderlands, Plants vs. Zombies 1 & 2, etc.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In an odd inversion, Ace would sometimes remark on the possibility of him being the Case's killer whenever the team finds a clue that applies to him. He does this more often if the killer has his eye color: blue.
- He says "Over and out" at the end of each of his videos, and "Au revoir" if he needs to pause the recording to collect stars or wait for analysis, although he occasionally mixed the two up.
- Also tends to say "Oh, snap!" whenever he encounters an unexpected plot development. Or any time he feels like it.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": He isn't very pleased when Facebook forced him to use his real name for his account, and he insists on referring to his player character as "Ace" instead of "Trevor".
- The Faceless: His face isn't seen until the 11th Case of Pacific Bay.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: Since Ace doesn't swear, he frequently censors the more offensive words used in the game (e.g. "hell" becomes "heck", "Oh my God" is read as "Oh my goodness" or "Oh my gosh"), though he does ease up at times by actually saying "Oh my God".
- Gratuitous Foreign Language:
- Some of his early videos would have him recite his opening line in various foreign languages.
- He started doing this again with his "World Edition" videos, reciting his opening and closing lines in the language of the country where the case occurs; he asked for translation help so he can be as accurate as possible.
- Happily Married: He and his wife have great chemistry on camera with her staying as close as she can. A lot of fans are also very fond of her and will "like" the video to have her return for the next one.
- Larynx Dissonance: Ace does the voice-over of both male and female characters (unless his wife is around).
- Never Live It Down: Invoked. He invokes an inversion of this during the Pacific Bay arc, where he would frequently complain about Pretty Simple for having "his" character, Trevor Finn, as a case killer — then sentencing him a life imprisonment for the crime. Especially when a lot of worse killers were given much lighter sentences.
- Nice Guy: Always thanks his fans through the videos for either their support of him or for his wife if she's been in a video previously. His responses to some of the comments also show how friendly he is.
- Papa Wolf: If a child is at risk, he's noticeably upset until they're safe again. And heaven forbid a child be the actual victim.
- Reaction Shot: The main reason why he consistently beg his viewers to not give spoilers is that so his vids will feature his genuine reaction to certain events.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Is often seen in a dress shirt and tie, sometimes with a jacket to match.
- Shout-Out: Would occasionally give a "shout-out" to some of the most loyal fans/commentors of his videos.