- "Hey guys, and welcome to my TV Tropes page..."
Wade Barnes (born April 3, 1989), known by his YouTube alias LordMinion777, is an Ohio-based Let's Player who began his YouTube career alongside best friends Markiplier and Bob "Muyskerm" Muyskens. Wade is a jokester who specializes primarily in survival, horror and indie games; however, he first got recognition as a main guest in Markiplier's Drunk Minecraft series of videos. Since then, he has slowly expanded his fanbase, and currently has 1.3 million subscribers. Wade is married to fellow YouTuber FoxTrot44 and his most frequent collaborators aside from Mark and his group are "Dem Salty Boys" (JPW03, PatrckStatic, and Garuku Bluemoon); he's also collaborated with JackSepticEye, Pewdiepie, Mangaminx, Dlive22891, EntoanThePack, ZombieMold (the admin of the server where they filmed Drunk Minecraft), and BreadHeroDan.
Wade and his videos and collaborators provide examples of:
- The Ace: Depending on the game, Wade can fall into this role. For example, in his second game of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, he managed to come in first place with a little coaching from his friends. The game has upwards of 100 players separated into 4 man teams. After he won, he flipped his top celebrating and declared that he would never play again lest he lose his winning streak.
- Garuku is noted as being very good at video games, thanks to his being adaptable and a quick learner. The rest of the Salty Boys will admit this...when they aren't accusing him of being a hacker.
- Absolutely nobody questions ZombieMold's skill when it comes to Voxel-style survival games like Ark. One rare exception is in Wade's 7 Days to Die Alpha 7 series, where Zombie was seemingly "on vacation" and spent most of his time goofing around and beating on a car until it exploded.
- Actually Pretty Funny: When playing Savage Lands (a game that could be described as Minecraft crossed with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim), the guys were running away from a dragon while cracking "Fus Ro Dah" jokes. Wade quipped "You know what they say, Fus rush in..."; Bob busted out laughing and said that the joke was really clever.
- Always Someone Better: Garuku Bluemoon. According to Wade, he doesn't dislike Gar as a person but he resents how Gar seems to be good at everything.
- In general, he is this to JPW. Wade is more brave and tends to be sneaker and a better fighter in GMod.
- In Dead by Daylight, Wade often is the last to survive or gets second place in points. Many times he doesn't, but that's because he doesn't always play to win (and his friends like to troll him). He's also better than Mark, Bob, and Jack because he plays more than they do, but he's also a better player than Tesh and Dan which are the two main alts (the other less frequent players being Dlive, JPW, Pat, and Entoan) for his normal group of Gar, Nin, and Molly.
- Angrish: Often, though he's hardly the only one.
- Animal Motifs: For Wade it's chickens, thanks to Gang Beasts and Ultimate Chicken Horse.
- Arch-Enemy: In Uno, he has one in the form of Barbara and is convinced she is doing everything within her power to screw him over.
- Ascended Extra: Over the years, Wade has picked up friends who became important in whatever game he was currently playing. For example, in the Rust series he played with Dlive, Mangaminx, and Ohmwrecker, they picked up a guy named _Tesh that they eventually added to their Team Speak calls. _Tesh became adapt at keeping a list of trolls and dicks that logged onto the server and leading hunting parties to take them down a notch. Others from that series include Deafinition and Balrog (Andy).
- Badass Beard: All hail!
- Badass Bookworm: Very smart (philosophy major in college), but also athletic enough to play basketball and nimble enough to do well in things like the Arrow Dodge Challenge.
- Bad Impressionists: Wade has his "impression" of Tiger Woods which he busts out during games like Golf with Your Friends. It's just him talking normally, but with an echo filter applied to his voice. In one video Patrick even asks Dana to provide an audio clip of the real Woods so people can see exactly how bad Wade's "impression" is.
- Berserk Button: Wade's far too nice to actually go berserk, but he's fairly tired of bald jokes. It also bugs him when people only seem to recognize him as "Markiplier's friend" or do "Mark impressions" (read: shouting "SHUT UP WADE!" in the in-game chat).
- Beware the Nice Ones: If he's getting tired of taking the group's abuse, what he does in reprisal is usually crueler than what they've been doing to him.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": His logo is a "W" with a little crown, similar to Markiplier's "M".
- Buffy Speak: In one Prop Hunt video, his reluctance to say the word "ejaculation" turned into "come-y come-y, go-y go-y". Cue the Running Gag.Wade: I say one stupid thing and it becomes a thing.
- Butt-Monkey: Wade is usually on the receiving end for jokes or criticism from anybody he collaborates with.
- Case in point, he usually gets blamed by Mark or Bob for something going wrong in a Drunk Minecraft episode
- Taken to extremes when he does videos with Jp, Gar, or Patrck, depending on the game. His relationship with the guys is rather like Mike Nelson's relationship with Crow and Tom Servo; while he's the oldest and nominally the leader of the group, he gets very little respect and the others love taking the wind out of his sails.
- Any game where Gar is utterly destroying everybody, or gleefully trolling the others, Wade is usually the one getting killed or attacked first
- Jp is usually the one that starts jokes involving Wade (calling him Lord Mimeion because his face would apparently look good on a Mr. Mime), or just generally trolling him. (Wade's nonexistent Gmod Murder Part 2 with Jp, Gar, and Pat, is missing due to constantly being killed, Jp being the final straw, and he asked his editor to destroy his footage so nobody can see constant death from his point of view).
- Patrck is usually the one that actively trolls Wade in most games, most notably in Golf With Your Friends whenever collision or bouncing is turned on.Patrck: "You know why you missed that? Cause you didn't bouncy bouncy bouncy.
(Gar and Jp start laughing)
Wade: "Shut your dirty mouth, everyone"
- His collaboration on Heave Ho with Mark, Bob, and Jack, he is the only one that hasn't played the game before. They try to get him to help, but he only ends up being The Load by actively hindering their progress to the point that they will avoid him — or even kill him given the opportunity — to keep him from dragging them down.Bob: For the entire first 75 percent of that, you were trying to kill us, and it was so —
Wade: I was never trying to kill you!
Bob: Then you were so inept that you were killing us accidentally.
- There are aversions to this; Minx, Ohm, Tesh and a few of Wade's other frequent collaborators don't do this (or if they do, not nearly as much as Mark, Bob or the Salty Boys).
- Curse of the Ancients: Related to Gosh Dang It to Heck! — his attempts to avoid swearing on camera degrade to either gibberish or this. Over time he pretty well gave up on this.
- Didn't Think This Through: For his 31st birthday, he and Mark decided to play 7 Days to Die, since Wade thought it would be nice and relaxing for most of it. Problem is, he said it would be relaxing for him, to Mark and let Mark decide the difficulty of the game. Mark made it 20 minute days, with a horde night every night.Mark: Here's the thing about this game: The blood moon's every night.
- The Dog Bites Back: Though Wade is usually on the receiving end of the abuse during his collaborations, there are a few times when he gets one over on the guys. A prime example is when the Salty Boys play Stop It Slendernote , since Gar and JP Scream Like Little Girls when they get Jump Scared.
- Epic Fail: In Hand Simulator, part 5 he somehow managed to pull the pin on one of his grenades when opening the grenade box, blowing himself up. The whole video, really, is a epic fail for Mark, Jack and Wade, since the only thing they managed to blow up is themselves. Jack won one round simply because he couldn't pull out a grenade pin.
- Fratbro: One of the "characters" Wade made up is Toby (pronounced "Toe-BEEEE!"), who's this archetype through and through. He mostly comes up during PUBG matches, but Wade has said he's not interested in doing any full videos as Toby.
- Funny Afro: In his high school days. His current hairstyle is slipping closer and closer to Bald of Awesome.
- The Gadfly: When Wade plays Among Us, he has a tendency to deliberately ignore his tasks, doing all but the last one and then just wasting time by wandering the map, to the annoyance of his fellow crewmates. He's said that he finds victory via tasks to be boring and prefers the chaos that comes from a round full of wild accusations and voting people off.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Unlike Mark or anybody else he collaborates with, he usually tries to steer clear from profanity, however...
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Occasionally this happens in multiplayer games like Rust where Nice Guy Wade and his team are made out to be the bad guys and cheaters. Wade makes a point to not edit those videos to show that he is playing fairly.
- Insult Backfire: In the conclusion of the Rust Wadetown series, a group of Trolls accused Wade of using an aimbot because he managed to kill a couple of them very quicklynote . Rather than being insulted, Wade was amused that he played well enough to be accused of cheating, and even brought it up in the Rust Youtuber Special series. Adding to the irony, Slendy (a friend of Wade and Zombie's who was an admin on that server) confirmed that the guy who accused Wade was himself cheating by using a crosshair mod.
- Meet Cute: He met Molly while playing Drunk Minecraft. Mark was harassing Wade and saying he'd never get a girlfriend. Wade typed into the in-game chat "Who wants to marry me?" and Molly replied "Who doesn't want to marry you?" On May 26, 2018, they got married.
- Most Annoying Sound: Done In-Universe and intentionally when the Salty Boys played Super Mario Maker 2. Wade recorded soundboard clips of himself saying "Ribbit!" in a feminine voice and "Male frog!" in a rough male voice for whenever he plays as Toadette or Toad, respectively, and spams them to get on the others' nerves — which it does.
- There was also his shouting of "The little man!" while playing Monopoly, which quickly drove the others (especially JP) nuts.
- Nice Guy; He really is. He tends to become The Heart of the group because he genuinely looks out for other people and puts them above himself Case in point, he once ran back into the jaws of death to save JackSepticEye from a hook in Dead by Daylight, even though Jack had already given up and was telling Wade to save himself.
- Only Sane Man: Ended up becoming this in The Boner Cast Part 2.
- Pungeon Master: Pretty good at wordplay and improvised rhymes, though also not above laughing at his own jokes.
- Rage Quit: Not even he could make it through Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy.
- Rule of Funny: He tries to play well, and he likes to win, but he'll lose if it would be funny. He's also (usually) willing to laugh at himself.
- Running Gag: Among the Salty Boys, Gar gets ribbed for being a "hacker" and JP gets accused of not being as innocent as he lets on thanks to his incredible penchant for Innocent Innuendo (like the infamous "I'm putting the hoe in the trash can" from 7 Days to Die).
- Scheherezade Gambit: In Dead by Daylight, he sometimes tries to plead, bribe, or bargain with the killer when cornered. His only real success was when he sang "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" at Molly and amused her into sparing him.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Especially when playing horror games like Five Nights at Freddy's or Dead by Daylight.
- Shout-Out: According to Wade himself, his nickname is a reference to Minion, his favorite vehicle from Twisted Metal, and he's been using variations on it as his online handle for ages. His YT channel is "LordMinion" because just plain "Minion777" was already taken and he didn't think anyone would notice or care.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: The AI player named Barbara is this to him whenever he plays the Rayman deck in Uno. "Her" mere presence is enough to send him flying into a rage. Expect a full meltdown if Barbara somehow wins (or worse, the other players help her win).
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Even though he gets treated like dirt when he is doing a collaboration video, its worth noting that he is still friends with all of them, even if he gets angry or irritated with them. And he'll quite gleefully Troll them back, especially when it'll get a laugh.
- His relationship with Markiplier exemplifies this trope, to the point where people have actually asked Wade if Mark was somehow forcing him to participate in collaborations by bullying him. They discuss this in one 7 Days to Die series and have a good laugh before explaining that it's just an act, with Wade pointing out that if Mark really was that nasty to him, they never would have become friends in the first place.
- Worth It: Claims that it would have been worth it to get punched in the dick if he punted Mark off the map so that Mark would have flown to Cincinnati.