Sometime between creating the My Little Pony: The Mentally Advanced Series and dealing with Content ID, master chief Greg Hoffman (a.k.a., FiMFlamFilosophy) took the voice of his version of Rainbow Dash, and crowned her Queen of the Mojave Desert. This act planted the seed that would grow into the Let's Ramble With Rae series.
Unlike other Let's Plays that run between 30 minutes to an hour, if not longer, each Let's Ramble episode lasts around 15 minutes or less. Let's Ramble also uploads one new episode for each current playthrough about once a week barring scheduling conflicts. The brevity and frequency of new episodes is due to how busy Hoffman & Co. are with other projects, as well as how much effort it takes to make a Let's Ramble to start; for comparison, Hoffman's latest let's play — for Fallout 4 — has no voice acting and scripting, allowing him to put out a 20-minute video every day.
- Fallout: New Vegas — The longest Let's Ramble to date, with 88 episodes made between May 2013 and March 2015.
- Pony Fantasy VI
- Long Live The Queen
- Soul Reaver 2
- MechWarrior 4: Vengeance
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — The first to feature someone other than Rae in a solo playthrough, with Peyton playing the role of a Khajiit named Kaybe.
This show provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: Initially invoked until it was decided they would be women.
- Author Tract: As with the Mentally Advanced Series, the Let's Ramble episodes deal with topical and long-standing subjects that come to Hoffman's mind.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Taylor, Rae, and Peyton, respectively.
- Catchphrase: Whether by herself or with Peyton and Taylor, Rae will usually end an episode with a variant of the following:Rae: Here looks like a good place to stop for now. Thanks for playing with me/us, everybody! [cue music]
- Cloudcuckoolander: Peyton, who carries over her outlandish, sociopathic behavior — and accent — from MAS's Pinkie Pie. Yes.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Rae does this in her Long Live The Queen Let's Play when Elodie sees her father with Sirin.Rae: Oh my God, our dad is talking to some kind of tarted up, blonde, purple bathrobe wearing, feather in her hair, blonde girl!
Taylor: You said "blonde" twice.
Rae: I'm not sure if you noticed, but that girl is really blonde.
- Dirty Coward: Peyton accuses Rae of being this in part four of the Long Live The Queen ramble, citing the latter's Fallout: New Vegas (at that point) 30-episode playthrough as evidence.
- Everything's Better with Primates
- Everything's Better with Queens: Hoffman appears to like the idea of Rae being a queen of something, whether it's the Mojave, a mystical empire, or a planet recently bought by a MegaCorp in a hostile takeover.
- Freudian Trio: Taylor (Superego), Rae (Ego), Peyton (Id).
- Just for Pun: Taylor in their Legacy of Kain: Defiance ramble while discussing Kain's attack moves.Rae: Oh my goodness. So that was the mighty power of the balance emblem. It made some guys fall down!
Taylor: Rae, Rae... it made them lose their balance.
- Let's Play
- Noodle Incident: Peyton did something to make a supermarket airplane ride have to install a metal detector and not allow liquids that are too big; it also involved children, but they got popsicles in the end.Peyton: They are just jealous that I seized more than a quarter's worth of entertainment from their machine.
- No Sense of Direction: According to Peyton, Rae sometimes gets lost on the way to the kitchen.
- One Nation Under Copyright: Oligopolmart in MechWarrior 4
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: From hottest to coolest: Peyton, Rae, Taylor.
- Spin-Off: Of My Little Pony: The Mentally Advanced Series.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Parodied in their Soul Reaver: 2 Let's Play, where Peyton (as Kain) is interrupted mid-monologue as the pillars turn corrupt.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Taylor reveals in Part 1 of Long Live the Queen how Peyton handles raccoons:Taylor: That's like leaving a landmine to keep raccoons from getting into your trash. [Beat] Peyton.Peyton: The raccoons are no match for my superior tools.Kain: Curses! Kain missed his cue!
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Wherever Peyton and/or her relatives in Monkey World came from, they speak English in a hybrid Russian/Latin American accent. Yes.