Lauren the Flute is a musician, singer, and streamer/Let's Player, known for her cheerful demeanor and rambling LP style.
She typically goes into the games she plays blind, and self-describes as the opposite of a speedrunner - a "spongerunner", in her parlance, soaking everything up. She likes to take her time through games, seeing the sights, discovering what there is to see, and experiencing every facet of the world she can find. She's also known for occasional wild digressions, taking the time to speculate wildly, engage with her viewers, or get distracted by her cats.
She can be found on Twitch, where she typically broadcasts on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Replays of her Let's Plays, as well as her music, can be found on her YouTube channel.
- MOTHER 3
- The Stanley Parable
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Dark Souls
- Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
- Final Fantasy X
- Night in the Woods
- We Know the Devil
- Thomas Was Alone
- Crisis Core
- The Talos Principle
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Analogue: A Hate Story
- Metal Gear Solid
Tropes appearing in Lauren the Flute's LPs include:
- Cuteness Proximity: Whenever one of Lauren's cats makes an appearance, it's not uncommon for the gameplay to grind to a screeching halt as both she and the chat take a moment to gush about how cute they are. Nobody seems to mind.
- Fan Community Nickname: Fans are affectionately known as "Flutiepies".
- Precision F-Strike: Lauren typically refrains from swearing during her streams, but she couldn't help but let one slip during her Final Fantasy X playthrough when she saw the aftermath of Operation Mi'ihen.
- Running Gag: In any game which allows her to jump, Lauren *will* try to jump on anything and everything. This seldom goes unremarked.