Kagato is a Lets Player from The United States of America who is well known in playing Survival Horror and Role-Playing Game namely his funny comments and playstyle in his playthrough. He's also play Super Smash Bros and Marvel vs Capcom 3 playing low tier characters like Bowser and Phoenix Wright.
His Let's Plays and other videos provide examples of:
- Alter-Ego Acting: His Shadow Self, Shadow Kagato.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In his Persona 4: Golden Let's Play, Nanako Dojima is portayed by Kagato as a child psycho.
- Berserk Button: He may be the nice guy but sometimes he doesn't like characters who annoy him a lot. For example, Ryoji in Persona 3.
- And now in Persona 5, he's venting much hatred against Kamoshida due to the crimes he committed, and later some of the villains in the game, but the crowning example towards the endgame of P5, is Goro Akechi aka the Black Mask, for basically being an Expy of Tohru Adachi, as well as his flawed reasoning behind his method for seeking vengeance against his Archnemesis Dad.
- Big "YES!": Anytime he does something he did right.
- "Hi, this is Kagato, and I'm the Final Boss!"
- "STUPID BITCH!"
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of the gameplay in a hilarious way, especially when he plays as characters who are the silent protagonist.
- Evil Laugh: During Persona 3, he does this when he decides to kill Ryoji.
- Fanboy: Does this whenever he manages to get his favorite girls : Aigis (Persona 3), Chie (Persona 4)
- Epic Fail: Subverted as in Persona 4 Golden he has the Yosuke Fail counter....and its still going.
- Famous Last Words: In Episode 81 of his Persona 5 let's play, as Cognitive Kagato"CRISPY... WAFFLES!!!"
- Hilarity Ensues: All of it.
- Horny Nosebleed: Frequently does cut-ins of this in his Persona Let's Plays whenever a particularly sexy scene, usually involving one of the female party members is wearing a bikini. One subversion of this, however, is when Makoto Niijima awakens to Johanna in Persona 5.
- Jerkass: Has a couple of instances of this in Persona 4: Golden, such as apparently using Nanako's life savings to buy a Japanese Architecture kotatsu]] and wishing"impure" thoughts between himself and Chie, as well as teasing Yosuke about being jealous that most of the female party members want to ski/spend time with him. Kagato being Kagato, has an absolute BLAST with it."YOOOO-E-OOOH-OOO, I'M AN ASSHOLE!!!"
- Jump Scare: This happens a lot in any Survival Horror games.
- Notable mention is one of his playthrough in Silent Hill Down Pour. He enters a dark basement and he has only a lighter to see. All the sudden he hears a woman's laughter and then gets attack by a doll spirit which scares him. After defeating it, he pauses and claps as he praise the developers for doing a good job making it a pure Survival Horror.
- Oh, Crap!: Most of the time.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Four highlights.
"It's Hamburger Rant 2.0, with slightly less rage. Slightly."
- In Episode 19 of his Persona 4 Golden Let's Play, there's a part where he tries to make hamburgers to get closer with one of his Social Links. The 3 options on seeing if the patty is cooked is see if there's bubbles on the surface, poke the center or cut a hole and look for juices. He chose the one that's technically correct which is poking the center, turns out that was the incorrect option to get a perfect hamburger and the correct one is to cut a hole. He basically goes on a long, outraged and generally hilarious rant on how that's wrong because doing that will make all the juices come out and make the patty go dry.
- In Episode 40 Persona 5, everything about shaved ice in Mr.Hiruta's class. As per commented in the video:
- In Episode 81 of Persona 5, Kagato decends into a third rant about Goro Akechi essentially being a recycled version of Torhu Adachi from Persona 4, even pointing out that all one has to do was change to letters of their last names around.
- And then there's the granddaddy of them all in Episode 85 of Persona 5. Whoo, boy.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Most of his Lets Play series. One example is when Kagato was woken up by Aigis until Yukari knocks on his door looking for Aigis; which he replies there's no girls in his room.
- The Scream: Does this in different ways:
Junpei: This sucks... We are 0-3.Kagato: Well, technically, we almost had one, BUT IT WASN'T EVEN A GIRL!!!
- Anytime he screams in his Homeresque scream.
- In Persona 3, during Operation Babe Hunt, he screams when he realizes the hot bikini girl is a boy. Funnier when the 'girl' voice is too manly after she was revealed. After that: