Similar to Rythian, she looks at story-driven games such as L.A. Noire, The Wolf Among Us and Beyond: Two Souls. She has played several horror games alongside Kim Richards and also alongside Simon Lane.
She is also incredibly deadly in Assassin's Creed.
In January of 2020, she posted a video to YouTube saying that she would be primarily focusing on streaming games via her Twitch channel from that point onwards - although she would still be uploading the occasional review or ad to YouTube - and invited fans to subscribe to her Patreon.
Hannah Rutherford provides examples of
- Action Girl: From the start, Hannah stood out as one of the most competent members of the Yogscast. She was also acknowledged as being one of the strongest members in real life, if Kim's Tomodachi special and the constant clips of her working out were any indication.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Hannah - and by extension Kim, as they were usually together - could actually kill you. She looks like an adorable cinnamon bun right up until she's pushed too far.
- "I'm not having any of this."
- "You fucking bitch!"
- "It's all going to end in tears."
- "In theory..."
- "Oh my days..."
- "Oh, piss."
- Cloudcuckoolander: She only seems normal in comparison to the rest of the Yogscast.
- Cuteness Proximity: She is normally reasonably logical, but when she displays the cats in Mo' Creatures, she becomes a female Simon Lane or a taller Kim Richards. When one of them gives birth to kittens, she is absolutely incoherent.
- Now that she's co-owner of a Maine Coon cat◊, her twitter feed is full of her cooing over the puss, and it's adorable.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hannah has a very dry, deadpan sense of humour, best shown when someone else has screwed up immensely.
- Drives Like Crazy: Duncan decides to take her on a driving test in Grand Theft Auto V on PC, with the twist that Hannah has to use a steering wheel and not the keyboard or a controller. It initially goes well, but she starts making more mistakes, adding to the stress and causing even more errors. It eventually escalates to her ramming pedestrians and having to escape the police after shooting at them. Duncan fails her, at which point she murders him.
- Genre Blind: At one point in Murder!, she keeps turning her back on Sips, who turns out to be the murderer. The end result is a gun that none of the bystanders can grab and her body eventually being hidden somewhere.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Previously, with Kim. The two hung around together a lot and collaborated frequently, with Hannah even going on record as to call Kim her favourite collaboratornote .
- Sadly, this seems to no longer be the case as of 2018, as the two have unfollowed each other on social media and don't appear to interact at all.
- Ill Girl: Gets sick remarkably easily - it's probably easier to count the playthroughs where she doesn't get sick at some point. This is lampshaded by Kim during her Resident Evil: Revelations 2 playthrough, where even the zombie version of Kim gets grossed out by Hannah's snuffling and sneezing and shuffles out of Hannah's office as fast as her feet can carry her.
- It's Personal: Hannah takes massive offence when Mrs Disraeli's dog, Desmond, is kidnapped in Part 22 of her Assassins Creed: Syndicate playthrough.
- She also takes enormous offence when Alfred is kidnapped in Episode Five of the Telltale Batman Series. As she said, kidnapping Alfred is, for any Batman player, enough to cause "rage". When it's revealed that he has been kidnapped, she describes it as "bugger. Big bugger."
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Despite Simon and Lewis making her seem like a massive owl fan due to Flanderization, Hannah's actually more of a cat person, and now is co-owner of a Maine Coon cat.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Takes this to ridiculous levels during the Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4 Let's Play.
- Mama Bear:
- Naïve Newcomer: Subverted in the Yogs Garry's Mod series. While she had seemingly never played the game modes before, she caught on very quickly, as opposed to Sjin and Simon Lane, both of whom did catch on eventually.
- The Not-Love Interest: To Duncan Jones. Many people assumed they were going out, owing to how frequently they collaborated. This is not the case.
- It was the same with her and Caff, even after they both stated that there was never anything going on (many found it strange how Caff appeared out of nowhere and was seen with Hannah for a good 85% of both their videos - that's more than Hannah's collaborated with even Kim).
- Official Couple: Formerly with Lewis Brindley. They eventually announced they had broken up in May 2015 but are still good friends.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Duncan, back when they used to collaborate more often. Many people assumed that they were going out, owing to how frequently they collaborated. Nilesy, Caff and Simon count as well.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Kim's Red - which was especially amusing when Kim highlighted her hair red and Hannah highlighted hers blue.
- Running Gag: Calling Codsworth "Cogsworth" in Fallout 4.
- Also, how absolutely terrible she is at driving in video games.
- Sanity Ball: While Hannah stood out as the only sane one at first, time has revealed that she is capable of being just as crazy. She has her moments where she's more down-to-earth, but they're not as pronounced as before.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Not unlike the rest of the Yogscast. She has made note of it.
- Verbal Tic: Not "verbal", per se, but she has a habit of breathing in and out rapidly whenever she's scared and amused at the same time (which, when playing horror games, is quite often). She also has a tendency to squeak repeatedly in a very high pitched tone during certain tense moments.
- Wimp Fight: In a video where Simon Lane and Hannah are trying out Total Miner, Hannah comes across a Giant Spider in an underground cavern, and she constantly tries to attack it with her pickaxe while she's way too far to actually hit anything. Even when she gets up close enough that the spider takes up the entire game screen, she still can't attack it and is too terrified to get closer to see if the pickaxe can even be used to attack spiders.