GrayStillPlays is an American YouTuber known for his humorous Let's Plays of various PC games.
As of September 2019, GrayStillPlays has over 2 million subscribers and more than 375 million views on his videos. His page Needs Wiki Magic.
Ruin our lives, damn it!:
- A Million Is a Statistic: His kill counts for things like destroying Earths in Universe Sandbox 2 and various roller coaster and/or theme park simulators are staggering.
- Anachronism Stew: During Gray's Wildlife Park 3 playthrough, he's able to drop a Tyrannosaurus rex into the same enclosure as modern-day animals. It even gets killed by a lion.
- Catchphrase: Several examples of this.
- "Alright, so we're checking out/back with the only game that (does X thing), it's (game title)."
- "[X], dammit!" whenever booting up a save file or starting a new game. "Over to the [X] area, dammit!" is another variant when he heads over to edit or create something.
- "What in the holy hell is this?"
- "The same reason I don't take a frisbee, lube it up with butter, fold it like a taco and shove it down my throat!" When he answers why he won't do something tedious and/or difficult and often uses permutations of it to describe his Sanity Slippage.
- Every video ends with "So until next time, stay foxy and much love!"
- Corpsing: Stays in when something happens in the games that completely takes him by surprise...whether or not it's his own fault.
- Didn't See That Coming: Quite frequently:
- In Universe Sandbox 2, he often gets surprised by the results of his mad experiments. One of the best examples was when he destroyed Earth with a grain of sand going at 100 million times the speed of light. He was underwhelmed by the lack of destruction at first before the game finally calculated the damage and showed that the Earth was completely destroyed.
- His reaction to the Plot Twist of Car Hazard is a mix of this and I Need a Freaking Drink due to the main character being revealed to be an insane killer who uses her own friends' skin and blood to make her "art".
- Establishing Character Moment: Sure, he's been around for a while, but his entire modus operandi can be summarized in the intro to his first Minecraft video:Gray: I don't want to play the game, I just want to break the game. (clicks on Play Game) Break game, damn it!
- Game-Breaking Bug: If there's anything he loves to do and is good at, it's breaking games, be it setting values extremely high or performing bizarre experiments.
- Hand Wave: In his Subway Simulator playthrough, Gray crashes a subway train into another one. He gets let off the hook by writing a one-line explanatory letter.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Has a running theme of giving his characters quite bizarre surnames with relatively normal first names.
- Mad Scientist: When playing Species, He takes evolution to its (il)logical extremes by forcing the game's creatures to evolve into horrible abominations.
- Megaton Punch: In Farming Simulator 19, he set the speed of the NPCs driving their cars around the map so high that they only occasionally appear as one-frame blips. Getting hit by one of these while they're still technically driving around sends his gigantic farming vehicles clear out of the map.
- Motor Mouth: How he usually fires off his Signing-Off Catchphrase.
- No OSHA Compliance: If Gray builds a roller coaster, there's a one-to-one chance that he's going to use it to plow roller coaster trains into huge crowds of people.
- Older Than They Look: Could easily pass for his late 20s / early 30s, but claims to be much older. He actually claims to have retired from his old (and classified) job to focus on Youtube.
- Reality Ensues: As his LP's of "peaceful" simulation games can attest, such as Farming Simulator 19, going into the game's files and messing with the values of certain features can and will make the game virtually to completely unplayable, if not just crash the game outright. Just look at what he did when he wanted to plow all of the snow on the map at once...
- Running Gag: He seems to have a fascination with indoor plants. If a simulator offers them, they will be spammed.
- He has a tendency to anthropomorphise his CPU, often stating how much it hates him and/or wants to murder him when performing processor intensive actions such as Wreaking Havok.
- Mentioning "Florida Man" is another thing he likes doing quite a bit, especially in Universe Sandbox 2 whenever he's doing experiments that end with Earth's destruction.
- Sanity Slippage: A good portion of his Disassembly 3D videos often involve him devolving into sadness and despair as he tries to find the Last Lousy Piece of the object in question.
- Standard Snippet: Usually in the form of light classical music for when things on screen are going horribly, horribly awry.
- Stock Sound Effects: Dings, crashing sounds, Record Needle Scratch, the occasional Windows error message sound, the Wilhelm Scream, and the Tim Taylor grunt of confusion.
- Verbal Tic: His tendency to use sad or sadness to describe something that was killed, destroyed or otherwise rendered unpleasant, such as turning the earth into a molten fireball of sadness and regret in Universe Sandbox 2
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: His whole channel seems to revolve around this trope.
- Wreaking Havok: Physics engines the world over have nightmares about his LP's.