GeneralSecura is a Let's Player on YouTube. GeneralSecura hails from a small European country known as The Netherlands. But don't worry, all of his Let's Plays are in English (with the occasional Bilingual Bonus thrown in). However, due to his location, he has not had any interaction with the larger YouTube Let's Play community like The Runaway Guys because the whopping price tag attached to flying to the US of A for PAX or any other convention prevents him from doing so. But since he landed a partnership in December 2011 and his Let's Plays started making him money, he is slowly getting closer and closer to attending a convention and meeting his fanbase (as the majority of his fanbase is located in the US).
He originally started out as an uploader of Pokémon Battle Revolution Wi-Fi Battles, but shifted his focus to Let's Plays in the beginning of 2010. He does not particularly favor any console over another (although he has not played a single game exclusive to the Xbox or Xbox 360), and you will find playthroughs of games going as far back as the Nintendo 64 on his channel. He doesn't limit himself to one particular genre or type of game either. Everything ranging from innocent and child-friendly games (like Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure and Wii Sports) to games based on movies and cartoons (like Pacific Rim: The Video Game and Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction) to ultra-violent games (like God of War III and Mortal Kombat) can be found on GeneralSecura's channel. He's done racing games, fighting games, first person shooters, third person shooters, strategy games, platformers, hack 'n slash games, role-playing games, sports games, etcetera. A wide and diverse selection of playthroughs awaits you.
GeneralSecura's Let's Plays:
- Asura's Wrath (LP #42)
- Ben 10 series:
- Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (LP #52)
- Deadly Creatures (LP #18)
- Dinosaur (LP #62)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (LP #26)
- F-Zero GX (LP #15)
- God of War:
- inFAMOUS series:
- Jurassic: The Hunted (LP #58)
- Kirby series:
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (LP #31)
- Metal Gear series:
- Metroid series:
- Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate (LP #44)
- Mortal Kombat series:
- No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (LP #22)
- Pacific Rim: The Video Game (LP #47)
- Pikmin (LP #16)
- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (LP #53)
- Pokémon series:
- [PROTOTYPE] (LP #43)
- SoulCalibur V (LP #39)
- Star Fox series:
- Star Wars series:
- Starhawk (LP #46)
- Super Mario series:
- Super Smash Bros Brawl: The Subspace Emissary (LP #32)
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (LP #23)
- Uncharted series:
- Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta (LP #54)
- Wii series:
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses (LP #12)
GeneralSecura's Let's Plays and other videos provide examples of:
- Awesome Music: In-Universe. He thinks Starhawk has this in spades.
- Berserk Button:
- Don't EVER post a FIRST comment on any of his videos. You will come to regret it.
- In Super Mario Galaxy: Luigi's stupidity, space bunnies and purple coin missions.
- Brief Accent Imitation: He's done Fake American and Fake Brit pretty often. He'll do an Australian Accent as well from time to time.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Each time a Jump Scare happens in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, he asks if anyone needs to change their pants.
- Censor Box: Uses them to cover up nudity. He doesn't use them for statues and female monsters because, "If you're aroused by this, you need help."
- Has said that it is highly unlikely that he would do a Let's Play of Dante's Inferno, despite owning the game and loving the genre, because he would have to censor everything and people would complain.
- Starting with his Let's Play of God of War: Ghost of Sparta, he will only censor nudity done in a sexual context.
- Chekhov's Gun: Focus Punch in his Pokémon Ruby Let's Play. He spoke badly of it ever since Norman's strongest Slaking was defeated by his newly-caught Cacnea because it used nothing but Focus Punch. He said he wasn't going to bother with it when he found the TM that teaches Focus Punch. Guess what move his Heracross uses to great effect when fighting the Champion?
- Deadpan Snarker: Oh so much.
- Department of Redundancy Department: In episode 2 of God of War: Chains of Olympus, he calls an uneaten body a "dead corpse".
- Disc-One Nuke:
- Do a Barrel Roll: When playing Skyrim, his horse and wagon did this, resulting in the horse getting stuck on a house and forcing him to restart the game.
- Excited Title! Two-Part Episode Name!: He structures the titles of all the episodes of his Pokémon LP's like this, as if they were actual episode titles of the Japanese anime.
- The Faceless: Has not revealed his glorious appearance to his followers... yet.
- Five-Man Band: A four-man variation in his co-op LP of Left 4 Dead 2 with PrinceBoo21, KrystalPaigeSky and duffking56.
- Goddamned Boss:
- Groin Attack: Thinks these are hilarious, as seen in Lost Episode 1 of Asura's Wrath.
- Halloween Episode: During his Let's Play of inFamous 2, he played inFamous: Festival of Blood on the side during October.
- 100% Completion: He won't do this on purpose, but he'll take any collectibles that he stumbles upon or he knows the location of.
- In Medias Res: The episode of Pokémon Soul Silver in which he captures Steelix begins with him already battling the wild Steelix.
- In Memoriam: Uploaded a video honoring his deceased dog, complete with sad music.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
GeneralSecura: He really gave me a hand there.GeneralSecura: The Agnaktor's pretty badass, and the Glacial Agnaktor is pretty... dare I say it... COOL as well.
- After King Midas burned his hand in lava, allowing Kratos to cross, GeneralSecura makes one of the oldest puns in the book.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: When he found the Earthquake TM in his Pokémon Ruby Let's Play, he used it on Hariyama because Swampert would learn it through leveling up later. Nothing but regret followed as Hariyama hardly ever used the move and Swampert wasn't knocking out as many opponents with Mud Shot as it could've done with Earthquake.
- Lampshade Hanging: Does this frequently.
Persian King: Please ... Please, spare my life and I will give you all that you ask!
- A good example from his God of War: Chains of Olympus Let's Play:
Kratos: You have nothing I want, Persian.
Persian King: Take my kingdom, my women, my gold.
Kratos: I won't take your riches, but I will take your life!
GeneralSecura: You've got to admit, that was badass dialogue!
- Large Ham: On occasion.
- Level Grinding:
- Spent a week or two beating up wild Pokémon off-screen to level up his team for the Pokémon League in his Pokémon Ruby Let's Play.
- Also happens off-screen in Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate to improve his armor and weapons.
- Averted in his Pokémon Platinum and Soul Silver Let's Plays. He just used an Action Replay to get numerous Rare Candies instead.
- Meaningful Name: In Pokémon Soul Silver, he named his rival Dick because... well... he is one.
- Meat Grinder Surgery: When he played Surgeon Simulator 2013. He used a hammer to smash the patient's ribcage, accidentally dropped a spinning buzzsaw in the patient's open chest cavity and tried to extract the heart by pulling on it really hard.
- Mister Exposition: He's pretty knowledgeable on a lot of the games he plays. He knows pretty much everything there is to know about the Pokémon games, and he explains a lot of the aliens' feats in his Ben 10 LP's because he's a fan of the show. He's also quite knowledgeable when it comes to the monsters in Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate.
- More Dakka: He often resorted to this in Starhawk by lining up an insane amount of auto turrets which tore enemies to shreds almost instantly.GeneralSecura: You can never have too many auto turrets!
- Never Trust a Title: He thought Lord of the Flies was about a man who lives in a house infested by flies and eventually learns to communicate with them, becoming their king (and a supervillain).
- No Hero Discount: Complains about this a lot. One example of this occurred in his Let's Play of Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, after the blacksmith gave him a free pickaxe to go mine iron ore so the blacksmith could forge weapons and armor for him so that he could save the blacksmith's village from destruction.GeneralSecura: Oh, there we go. We get a pickaxe. For free! Geez, he's actually helping me! How about you give me weapons and armor for free, that'd be a lot more helpful than a stupid pickaxe!
- Off Screen Moment Of Awesome: He mentioned sweeping Elite Four member Phoebe's team of Ghost-type Pokémon with Hariyama in an earlier attempt to defeat the Pokémon League, despite the Ghost-type's immunity to all but one of Hariyama's moves.
- Old Shame: His very first Let's Play of God of War III. He intends to re-do that one after he does God of War II.
- OOC Is Serious Business: In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Kirby shoots Queen Sectonia an incredibly angry look before DESTROYING her. GS points out that Kirby has NEVER looked angry, so you know you've done some horrible things if you manage to piss Kirby off.
- Opening Narration: "Hey there guys, and welcome back to (insert game here). In the last episode... (Summary of the last episode's events. Or him not remembering the last episode's events).
- Power Perversion Potential: In his [PROTOTYPE] LP, after Alex Mercer consumes a secret agent and says that his memories are now Alex's memories, GS explains the possibilities.GeneralSecura: Well, I guess that eliminates the need for porn for Alex because then he can just summon a memory of that guy banging his wife. Best super power ever!
- Running Gag: In his Pokémon Ruby Let's Play, he returned to Dewford Town every once in a while to talk to the people in Dewford Hall, who would not stop talking about Your Mother.
- Overused Running Gag: His viewers got bored of it after the third visit or so.
- Schedule Slip: Has this occasionally, especially if he Let's Plays several games at once.
GeneralSecura: That still only counts as one!
- To The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King in episode 4 of Asura's Wrath after Wyzen kills a giant elephant-like Gohma before Asura gets the chance to.
- To Megas XLR in the first episode of Pacific Rim: The Video Game. GeneralSecura recites part of the show's opening theme when talking about how awesome giant robots are.
- To Star Wars in episode 12 of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. After Frank constructs a lightsaber out of a flashlight and some gems, GeneralSecura blurts out several Yoda and Obi-Wan quotes.
- So Bad, It's Good:
- He feels this way about the story and voice acting in Jurassic: The Hunted.
- Suddenly Bilingual: He'll sometimes say some things in his native language (Dutch) or other languages he knows (German, French, Spanish).
- Take That!:
- Mocked Darth Maul during his Let's Play of The Force Unleashed.
- Mocks Luigi a lot in his Super Mario Galaxy Let's Play because Luigi somehow manages to always get himself stuck in downright idiotic situations.
- Mocks D-list celebrities like Kanye West and Justin Bieber.
- Mocked various book franchises turned into films like Twilight, Divergent, and The Hunger Games.
- He said Watch_Dogs was disappointing, and mocked a burglar character in Pokémon Soul Silver who resembled the protagonist of that game.
- That's What She Said: Does this A LOT.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks Even More: He feels this way towards Ben 10 Omniverse 2, the absolutely horrible sequel to the less-than-stellar Ben 10: Omniverse game, which did away with the first game's standard fare of platforming, solving puzzles and beating up enemies and turned it into an Endless Running Game.
- Tournament Arc:
- He once set up a big 64-game tournament through which his subscribers could decide what his next project was going to be. The winner ended up being inFamous 2.
- He also occasionally hosts big Pokémon battling tournaments.
- He also frequently pits his amiibo's against each other in Super Smash Bros. tournaments.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: After arriving on planet Scourge in Starhawk, GeneralSecura is notably disturbed by what appear to be giant floating brains with tentacles. None of the characters so much as mention them.
- Up to Eleven: In the first Left 4 Dead 2 co-op video he uploaded, the game was completely normal. The four survivors fighting zombies. When the second video was uploaded a week later, Juliet Starling, Cortez and a Velociraptor were mowing down Stormtroopers, Lickers, Peter Griffin and the Hulk. Ghost Rider would've been in on it too, but the skin didn't work.
- Vocal Evolution: Go ahead, compare his first few Let's Plays with his recent work.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness:
- Gets rid of Dustox in his Pokémon Ruby Let's Play because it can't keep up with the rest of his team any more and replaces it with the far stronger Heracross. He also feels this way about Swellow near the end of the Let's Play, but keeps it around because it knows Fly.
- He eventually replaces Fearow with Lugia in his Pokémon Soul Silver Let's Play because Lugia is stronger and adds more to his team.
- Your Mom:
GeneralSecura: DAAAAAMN son, yo mama ugly!
- The people in Dewford Hall in his Pokémon Ruby Let's Play just can't stop talking about this.
- When Kratos's mom transformed into a hideous monster in God of War: Ghost of Sparta, he couldn't resist pulling off one of these.