Danny2462 is a YouTuber who mainly records videos of Kerbal Space Program, showing off Video Game Cruelty Potential, amazing engineering feats or discovering many of the game's Game Breaking Bugs. Alongside that, he has also done videos of other games such as Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and other similar videos. His videos are mainly text commentary with Public Domain Soundtracks from Kevin MacLeod.
Tropes Danny 2462 Represents In His Videos:
- Body Horror: He spends a lot of time subjecting Kerbals to bizarre stretching-and-twisting glitches; Played for Laughs, obviously.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Many of his hi-jinks involve spinning in some manner although it gets a little freaky when he made a MK-1 lander can spin so fast that the image flickered, caused a kerbal to spin when touching it and even caused his outro to become messed up.
- "The Transcendance Device" also bears mentioning: basically an orbital blender that smears Kerbals across space-time... and breaks physics.
- For Science!: His reasoning for experimenting with the game and torturing kerbals, usually to actually get science points within the game. Apparently there's also "Unplanned Science", the worst kind.
- Game-Breaking Bug/Good Bad Bugs: Every game he plays. He's encountered the Space Kraken numerous times in Kerbal Space Program, warped through the ships in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, lagged out and crashed in Battlefield 4, exploited the AI in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, made a car suddenly hop into the air in Need for Speed: Underground 2 and glitched his ship in Space Engineers so it's hard to find a video in which he hasn't horribly glitched a game. Many commentators often joke Danny should become a bug tester for Squad.
- Kerbin Shattering Kaboom: Sure he doesn't actually destroy it but many of the bugs he discovers tends to make Kerbin (or other planets) disappear entirely.I've found a way to destroy Kerbin! AGAIN!
- Musical Slapstick Montage: Rockets blowing up, Kerbals spaghettifying, planets ceasing to exist... and its all put to a jaunty tune!
- Sanity Slippage: Although his videos always had a tone of nonsense to them, he didn't go out of his way to torture his Kerbals and even felt bad for them at times. Then Research & Destruction, and he slowly started to lose it, until he went completely bonkers with the 50k sub sacrificing ritual.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Jool, the gas giant after the Hell Kraken caused the entire Kerbol system to disappear. It's often the target of his planet breaking devices. And Jool always survives, even if it has to take out the rest of the solar system to do it.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: He uses Kevin MacLeod's more silly music in most of his videos, even in the downright serious Battlefield 4.
- Surprisingly Good English: He's Hungarian.
- Tradesnark: Often combined with Buffy Speak, as in "A shooty-thing whatever" and "The Englineless Birdlike Wing Thing".
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Name a video in which he hasn't tortured the poor little kerbals or sent them to their doom (aside from non-KSP videos).note