"Hey Everyone, Dan here from the Diamond Minecart, and today..."Daniel Robert Middleton
, better known as DanTDM or Dan, The Diamond Minecart is a YouTube Lets Player
that first gained popularity through his Minecraft
content, which began in 2012. Since then, his fan base has steadily expanded and his content has evolved to dozens of games, from indie titles to triple A content.
Games DanTDM has played:
This YouTuber provides examples of:
open/close all folders
General/More Than One Category
- Friendless Background: According to his Draw My Life, mainly due to moving around Britain a lot as a child. The only consistent friend he had growing up was his brother.
- Goggles Do Nothing: He has a pair of goggles as part of his Minecraft skin. He also sometimes wears a pair of goggles with the doctor skin while playing Among Us. They are sometimes seen as his Iconic Item as well.
- Happily Married: To Jemma.
- High-School Sweethearts: With Jemma, as revealed in his Draw My Life.
- Iconic Item: Diamonds, drawn from his nickname. His YouTube and Twitch icons are all stylized diamonds as well.
- Injured Limb Episode: He broke his hand in 2015 and spent a few weeks wearing a cast.
- In-Series Nickname: "The Diamond Minecart", also what the TDM in his various usernames stands for.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: He has dyed his hair several different shades of blue, blonde, purple, and even pink at one point.
- This crosses over into a Running Gag in Minecraft: Story Mode, where his hair can change colour in the time it takes to walk through a door. In that series, his hair has changed between brown (natural), cyan/turquoise/blue, red, purple, grey, and blond.
- Nice Guy: Under most circumstances, he's a decent guy, if one with a mischievous streak every once in a while.
- Noodle Implements: His song Mirror, Sailboat contains a list of these. Justified because the lyrics were provided by a random object generator.
"Posters, tire swing, wagon, candle, camper, sofa, fork, rubber band."
- The Quiet One: He was quite taciturn around new people, which are quite evident in some of his older videos.
- He also becomes this when he plays as the Impostor in Among Us, which Smajor1995 figured out and lampshaded while playing in the same lobby as him.
- Spot of Tea:
- There Should Be a Law: The entire basis behind his formation of the Dab Police.
Dan is considered one of the "OG Minecraft YouTubers" and is famous for working with mods. His Minecraft series include his Mod Showcases, The Diamond Dimensions
, the Custom Mod Adventures
, Crazy Craft 3.0
, and more recently, Minecraft Hardcore Survival
and Shady Oaks SMP
. He has also participated in several tournaments, such as Minecraft Mondays
and Minecraft Championship
- Aborted Arc: The Minecraft Misadventures series.
- Artistic License Biology: Grim the skeleton wolf is depicted to have ears — something the skeleton of an actual wolf wouldn't have.
- Autocannibalism: The Cannibalism Mod apparently works on players as well...
- Camping Episode: An episode of the Custom Mod Adventures takes him on a camping trip with Trayaurus and Grim.
- Canine Companion: In the Lab, he has his skeleton wolf, Grim.
- Crossover: Minecraft Misadventures is created from a union of The Diamond Dimensions and the Custom Mod Adventures.
- Dem Bones: Grim the skeleton wolf.
- Down on the Farm: The core concept around The Best Minecraft Series Ever is agriculture.
- Dr. Genericius: Dr. Trayaurus, his villager friend.
- Game Mod: He is primarily known in the Minecraft community for working with these and making videos on them.
- Giant Spiders: The spiders which spawn in vanilla Minecraft are already this, but it gets taken Up to Eleven with the Spider Queen, which he encounters during an episode of the Custom Mod Adventures.
- I'm a Humanitarian: In the Cannibalism Mod showcase, he seems pretty okay with eating pieces of his friend... and himself.
- I Call It "Vera": His sword in his Minecraft Hardcore Survival series is called "le stab".
- Mad Scientist: Both him and Dr Trayaurus show shades of this — neither of them show any qualms about engaging in morally questionable activities in their experiments/mod showcases, including and not limited to playing around with genetics and cannibalism.
- McNinja: Don't question how a Brit went ahead and got "ninja" training. Just don't.
- Our Vampires Are Different:
- Professor Guinea Pig
- Resurrective Immortality: Grim the skeleton wolf apparently has this.
- Safely Secluded Science Center: The original Lab was located in a desert and some distance away from the nearest town, while the new Lab is located in the middle of a jungle.
- Shout-Out: The bear he adopted from the Camping Episode of the Custom Mod Adventures is named Freddy.
- Sick Episode: In the Custom Mod Adventures, there's an episode where he gets sick and shenanigans ensue, to put it lightly.
- Space Episode
- Stuff Blowing Up: Many of the mod showcases involve something or another exploding.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He participated in Minecraft Championship #13 wearing a very unorthodox skin — a girl in a Sexy Santa Dress, with his signature goggles added on.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: For a period of time, the hair of his Minecraft avatar was dyed light blue to match his dyed hair in real life.
- Big "NO!": His reaction to Luigi dabbing on the battlefield in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.
- Epic Fail: In an Among Us video, he forgot to mute himself on Discord and proceeded to expose himself as the Impostor and the identity of his teammate as well.
- Fragile Speedster: As a crewmate in Among Us Hide and Seek, hes called "slippery" several times for being able to outmaneuver Impostors narrowly, but he is still susceptible to being killed like other crewmates.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction to realizing he forgot to mute himself on Discord and proceeded to expose himself as the Impostor and the identity of his teammate as well can only be described as this.
Dan: Aww, Jack's gone big brain. I knew I should have killed him.
[Screen zooms in to his Discord, revealing that he had forgotten to mute himself.]
The screen: DISCORD IS ON!!!!
Dan: Right, I think Scott might do the old sab—
Gloom: Wait, wait, wait, wait...
Scott: [laughs] Dan...
[The other players realize what has happened.]
[Everyone else laughs in the background.]
Razz: The game's over.
[Gloom presses the button to call an Emergency Meeting.]
Dan: Vote me off. Delete me. Delete me. Delete me. Now. No discussion, just delete me.
Razz: You know who the other person is—
Dan: I know, just delete me.