- — Opening line for a typical video.
Describe AntVenom here.
Hey guys, AntVenom here, and welcome back to another TVTropes article! And today, I'm going to be showing you guys the AntVenom article.
AntVenom is a Minecraft commentator noted for his amazing PvP and parkour skills, and an immense hatred for cows. His most well-known series is "Hunt for the Golden Apple", a series in which he tries to find a Golden Apple in a Dungeon. He is also well known for "Aether Mod Adventure", a series in which he plays the The Aether. Recently, he retooled his channel to focus more about the various weird things in Minecraft instead of focusing on Let's Plays.
And essentially what these tropes describe are:
- Aborted Arc: Super Hostile Waking Up.
- Adorkable: Whenever he's around his girlfriend GrailMore.
- Arch-Enemy: Witches
- And Cows.
- Badass Bookworm: He has a vast knowledge of the game's mechanics and utilizes them to his advantage. This may have something to do with the fact that he used to work with computers a lot.
- Berserk Button: Any time he fails repeatedly at parkour.
- Big NO: He does this when he ragequits in Tetris Escape.
- Catch-Phrase: "Heey, AntVenom here and welcome to another Minecraft video" and its variations. Is usually said at the start of every video.
- Dungeon Bypass: Does his best to do this in adventure maps. Instead of just rushing into a dungeon and killing everything, he normally builds around or digs under the dungeon to bypass the mobs.
- Epic Fail: During a video, Ant changes a command block from giving every player and trail of bats to giving every mob a trail. That's not the fail, the fail comes when he tries to use a command to strike all of them with lightning to get rid of them, only to realize he forgot to prevent the bats from spawning on each other. Cue infinite lightning striking down on infinitely spawning bats.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Antfarm Survival and its sequels are about
surviving in a giant ant farm.
- Applies to every Survival Let's Play he does.
- Excited Show Title!
- Expy: His outfit may or may not be based on Sky. Somewhat justified in the fact that they're friends, even before they started playing Minecraft.
- Filk Song: He wrote the lyrics and directed the animation for The Miner, which later became one of the most famous fan songs and videos in the Minecraft fandom.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Caveman Films.
- Hidden Depths: He can be really random sometimes, which may come as a surprise after watching his solo videos.
- He speaks in a comedic high-pitched voice occasionally.
- Kill Them All: Said word for word in the Wither's Challenge Minigame
- Long-Distance Relationship: With GrailMore, his girlfriend. It's also the reason why he's moving again, which affected him uploading some of his videos for a short time.
- Lampshade Hanging: In the Wither's Challenge mini-game he say that there would be witches. A few rounds later...
- Large Ham: When he's really, really excited.
- Left-Fielder: He kept bringing up the subject of sausages in these two videos.Ant Venom: "I'm getting outta here. I'm getting outta here. It's a sausage-fest."Sky: "Why do you always bring up random stuff?"
- MacGuffin: The eponymous object of the Hunt For The Golden Apple. Notable in the fact that it was the main goal of AntVenom's first Survival Let's Play ever.
- Not So Above It All: Ant can get rather ''dirty'' at times.
- Poor Communication Kills: Pretty much what happened in The Building Game. It's basically a Minecraft version of "The Telephone Game". The mini-game works by having to write a anonymous request for someone to build, which is then distributed randomly. The person who ends up with the request will have to build it. After that, someone else will have guess the build. This led to some pretty funny outcomes, with weird builds and funny guesses. For example: Ant's request for a "fast food spider" was built by Sethbling, and someone guessed "constipated spider" for it. This led to someone else building a model of Bashur's face, which was guessed and built again by others. The final guess for it was "F*KING BASHUR".
- Precision F-Strike: Sometimes, he uses the s-word, d-word, and sometimes the f-word. His language is stronger in his Aether Mod adventures and T-3-C Parkour.
- Self-Imposed Challenge: He has asked his fans to send him survival challenges for him to accomplish. So far, he has gotten diamonds without ever using a pickaxe or TNT and went to the Nether without crafting a pickaxe.
- Something Completely Different: He solves a Rubik's Cube in Minecraft with the aide of a real one.
- Speed Run: He has made a few:
- Robotic Torture Device: The Mob Cannon. Once he puts in the cow spawners, well, guess what happens next. He even does an Evil Laugh in the intro of the video!
- Running Gag: His hatred of cows.
- The Ace: He's good at PvP and parkour.
- He's also pretty good with redstone.
- Trash Talk: He's rather good at this when the time calls for it.