Pixels are all you need for an overactor.
- AkaSeka: Teika takes beauty very seriously, has strong opinions about beauty and isn't ashamed to launch into over-the-top lectures about it. He'll even flail all over the place if he feels especially passionate.
- Bendy and the Ink Machine: All of Bertrum Piedmont's lines are delivered this way.
- Borderlands has quite a few examples. The Psycho bandits are this with a healthy dose of Ax-Crazy."Strip the flesh! Salt the wound! AHAHAHAAAA"
I'M TORGUE, AND I'M HERE TO ASK YOU ONE QUESTION AND ONE QUESTION ONLY: EXPLOSIONS!?
- The Vault Hunters have some hammy lines as well. Notably Brick and Lilith.
- Mr. Torgue in Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC from Borderlands 2 fits this trope rather well with his emphasis on screaming and use of the word explosions.
''My pecs have PECS!"
- The DLC player Krieg is a playable psycho, and he spouts out a lot of amusing lines.
PLAYER! WHAT! ARE! YOU! DOING?!
- Gaige starts out a little hammy (when reviving a teammate, she'll yell "Live! LIVE!"), but if you spec into Ordered Chaos, as you build Anarchy stacks, she gets a lot louder and crazier, and starts Breaking the Fourth Wall.
I'm getting a God complex AND I LIKE IT!
EVIL MANIACAL LAUGHTER!
ANARCHY FOREVERRRRRR!!! AND EVERRRRR!!!
- Battlefield 1 and bayonet charging (True, its not much speaking, but there's still something to be said about how ham the screams are). The player charging will hear two grunts of exertion, followed by their character roaring."REUUUUUUUH" "AAAAAAAAAA" "YAAAAAAAAA" "RAAAAAAAAA"
- Its also possible for other players to hear the scream, or sometimes a different voice line.
- Command & Conquer: Generals: The many Generals in Zero Hour's "Generals Challenge" mode are MAJOR qualifiers for this trope, just listen to Dr. Thrax's voiceset and you'll get a good example as to why. (x2 speed is preferred for extra-hamminess)
- Grand Theft Auto 2: The priest in the church that serves as a save point in all three districts.HALLELUJAH! Another soul saved!DAAAAAAAAAAMNATION! No DONATION, no SALVATION!
HE'S GOT A GUN!!Hey I'm walkin' here!I SAID HOLD IT ASSHOLE!!
- Downplayed in this case, but the civilian and cop voices (when outside a car) are also rather cartoonish.
- Ryder in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. His description in the instructions manual is self-explanatory.
- There's also Mike Toreno, which helps that he's voiced by James Woods.
- Brucie Kibbutz from Grand Theft Auto IV is one of these, as he is a steroid junkie and exercise freak and must use as much ham as possible in almost everything he does.
- Joachim Valentine (a.k.a. "CHAMPION OF JUSTICE, Grand Papillon!") from Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
- Listen closely when you play BIT.TRIP RUNNER and/or FATE whenever you go up or down a mode. That's Commander Video for you.NETHER. HYPER. MEGA! SUPER! ULTRA! EXTRA!! GIGA!!!
- The Disgaea universe simply drips with ham.
- Disgaea has Laharl, The Dark Adonis, Mid-Boss, Vulcanus, and Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth! Even Flonne can get quite ham handed with the Power of Love.
- Disgaea 3 has a ton, Master Big Star, Mr. Champloo, Salvatore the Magnificent, Gold Knuckle, and Mao. (The English version is Edward Elric under the Berserk Button constantly).
- The great and terrible King Laharl.
- Valvatorez from Disgaea 4. Let's just say fans have compared him to Lelouch and end it at that.
- Whenever a character casts a spell in Arc Rise Fantasia, with the exception of Rastan, they're almost always over the top. Dyno's summoning chant is particularly notable amongst the fanbase, and easily the most memorable line in the game.
- Elsewhere in the Nippon Ichiverse, we have Phantom Brave's Sprout, who puts the "roaring" in Roaring Rampage of Revenge on a regular basis.BLASPHEMY INCARNATE!!!! DARK EBOREUS!!!!
- Luca Blight of Suikoden II is made of this trope. "DIE, PIG!!!!" "A million maggots are still maggots!!!! I'll slaughter you all!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!". Yes, he usually ends sentences with at least 4 exclamation marks.
- King Bohan from Heavenly Sword definitely qualifies, mugging for the camera, asking questions on how his generals DO what they do, and enjoying everything he does.
- Flying Fox, from the same game, also qualifies. "I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE styyyyyyle!".
- Gears of War: Private Augustus Cole. His usual manner of fighting the enemy involves amusing insults and taunts, which escalates in Gears 2, Act 4 when Delta hacks into the Locust Queen's propaganda and Cole delivers a frenzied slew of insults over the loudspeakers of the entire capital city.Delta squad is in your house bitch! You hear that shit!? You grubby-ass bitches are goin' down! Like, way down! Dead down! So down, you ain't even gonna know which way is up! Yo asses are gonna be cryin' to yo stank-ass queen! 'Oh mommy! Don't let the bad men hurt us!' Fuck you! We're gonna whoop yo momma's ass! WHOOO!!
- Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and the Warriors Orochi crossover games (in short, KOEI's entire Warriors franchise) has this in spades; a majority of the characters, both male and female, act according to an apparently obvious (often "judge a book by a cover" level) archetype.
- SNK's Fighting Games have their share of Large Hams as it is, but special mention must go to Wolfgang Krauser, voiced by B. J. Love. Krauser's lines range from the slightly narmy "I'LL CHISEL YOUR GRAVESTONE! SLEEEEEP WELL!" to his ending in Fatal Fury Special, in which he bellows out, "WOW! WHAT A TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!" without even trying to fix the mistranslation.
- The Elder Scrolls
"I HONOR MY LORD, BY DESTROYING YOU!!!"
- Most Daedric Princes are these throughout the series. To note:
- Sheogorath and Malacath are particularly notable examples. Sheogorath in particular gives new meaning to the phrase ham and cheese.
- Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of Domination and Corruption, is either this or Creepy Monotone with very little in between. His tone doesn't change much while talking, however, this is dropped completely when he becomes entertained or enraged, however. Then he will ham it up with his booming voice and Evil Laugh.
- The Dremora, a race of Lawful Evil lesser Daedra most frequently seen in service to Daedric Prince of Destruction Mehrunes Dagon, are a very hammy race throughout the series. Any time that they're around, expect Ham-to-Ham Combat.
"BY THE NINE DIVINES! THERE'S BEEN A MURDER!"
- Various City Guards, particularly Imperial guards, are this as well throughout the series.
- In Morrowind, Big Bad Physical God Dagoth Ur. He speaks with a deep, booming voice and makes a lot of grand boasts and cryptic statements in his dialogue. He even manages this for his non-voiced lines, such as the dramatic dreams he sends you.
Heimskr: "I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine! I do this for you, Red Legions, for IIIIIIIII LOVE you!" Aye, love! LOVE! Even as man, great Talos cherished us! For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future...of TAMRIEL!
- Heimskr, Whiterun's resident Priest of Talos.
"What in Oblivion is THAT?!""You wanna be that thing's next meal? INTO THE KEEP, PRISONER!""We will DRRRRAG him out of the rubble to FACE JUSTICE!"
- Nords in general tend to have an on/off switch for hamminess. They'll go from quiet and polite to "I'LL RIP YER HEART OUT!" upon sighting an enemy.
- General Tullius, the leader of the Imperial Legion within Skyrim, also indulges in this trope quite often.
"I am AL-DU-IN! First born son of Akatosh! Mulagi zuk latnote ! I cannot be slain here, by you or anyone else!""My belly is full of the souls of your fellow mortals, Dovahkiin!""Zu'u unslaad! Zu'u nis oblaan! (I am immortal! I cannot die!)"
- Even for a dragon, Big Bad Alduin sure loves the sound of his own voice. (A deep, guttural, booming voice at that...)
You: DO NOT QUESTION THE GOURMET!
- Bethesda simply must have had too much fun when making the Dark Brotherhood quest "Recipe for Disaster," where you kill the fake Emperor through poison. It involves you pretending to be a cook, so as to slip poison into his evening meal. You can choose one of three dialogue options when talking to your understudy. One is a very level-headed response, as if speaking normally, another is always just a bunch of ellipses that she takes as a silent test, and the third, well...
- Most Daedric Princes are these throughout the series. To note:
- Most villains in the Metal Gear games qualify for this, particularly Magnificent Bastard Revolver Ocelot and Liquid Snake; when the two end up sharing a body, the ham goes to untold levels. The incredibly melodramatic Death Seeker Fortune is even insultingly called a ham actress by one of the other characters... In this case, Ocelot himself.
Such a lust for revenge... WHOOOOOO?!
- Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!
- Snake... Did you like my SUNGLASSES?
- Let's Play: General Ironicus noted that Otacon is the only character in Metal Gear that doesn't overact by nature.
- I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE! Note
- He's most definitely outclassed, however, by his superior, Senator Armstrong, whose "NANOMACHINES, SON!" seem to boost his ham levels above even his combat capacity.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain certainly doesn't disappoint in this department, particularly with its main villain, Skull Face:
- Everyone is this in F-Zero, particularly after GX. Even the straight-faced, to-the-point Captain Falcon.
- League of Legends DEMACIAAAAAAAA!
- League of Legends could almost have it's own page - so many of the characters ham it up in their quotes. Veigar and Nocturne are particularly hammy. The 'Brolaf' skin for Olaf certainly counts too.Brolaf: BROMACIAAAAA!!!
- Draven must have eaten nothing but ham, true to his nature as a massive Attention Whore.
- Kled's voice lines are laden with yelling. Foul-mouthed, Ax-Crazy yelling. Mostly about killing people.YOU ARE PERTURBIN' MAH TRANQUILLITY!
- Part of the Odd Couple dynamic between Xayah and Rakan is that Xayah is quiet, nigh-emotionless and strategic, and Rakan is...none of those things. Sometimes he will open a match with a yell of "THE PARTY STARTS NOW!"Xayah: Keep 'em distracted.
Rakan: That shouldn't be a problem!
- League of Legends could almost have it's own page - so many of the characters ham it up in their quotes. Veigar and Nocturne are particularly hammy. The 'Brolaf' skin for Olaf certainly counts too.
- Dota 2 has many, many large hams in its cast, but perhaps the award for the hammiest goes to Mogul Khan the Axe, a large red Proud Warrior Race Guy with No Indoor Voice who speaks almost exclusively in Hulk Speak.
- Axe (after killing an enemy): What happened? AXE HAPPENED!
- Conker's Bad Fur Day\'s musical example: I...AAAAM...the Great Mighty Poo and I'm going to throw my ham at you.
- Metal Wolf Chaos:
- MICHAEL! counts too
- Bang Shishigami, THE HAMMER OF JUSTICE!!!, from BlazBlue.
"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I AM HAKUMEN! THE END HAS COME!"
- "NOW JUMP! INTO MY MANLY CHEST!!!"
- To rid this world of evil, HE SHALL BECOME THE HAMMER OF JUSTICE!!!
- BAAAAAAAANG BANG BANG BAAAAAAAANG!!
- There are two things in this world that I just cannot stand! Lies, and EVIL, AND LIES!! AND BELL PEPPERS!!!
- Hakumen can get quite hammy at times too.
Arakune: In the end both you and I....are POINTLESSPOINTLESSPOINTLESSAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
- So can Jin when he's in Ax-Crazy Yandere Mode.
- And Arakune does too, surprisingly. Mostly in his pre-battle taunts.
Hazama: "This world is nothing but lies! LIES! Lemme show you what I like to call the truth! THE TRUTH CALLED DESPAAAAAIRRRR!!"
- Hazama! He may very well be the hammiest of all.
"Any last words!? THIS IS GOING TO BE... YOUR END!!"
- And Iron Tager?:
- "NOW JUMP! INTO MY MANLY CHEST!!!"
- Eric Avari as Grand Inquisitor Yannick: "AND NEVER FORGET! WHO IS THE BOSS OF YOU? ME! I AM THE BOSS OF YOU...I AM THE BOSS OF YOU...I AM THE BOSS OF YOU!"
- Kratos from God of War. But the gods help you if you call him that to his face.
- ... which they probably can't, so it's better not to do so at all.
- And everyone else. Is there anyone who isn't hammy?
- The person playing Max from Tales of Eternia was obviously having a blast playing him, exclaiming "YEAH!" with great gusto at every possible opportunity, and generally overacting to hilarious degrees in a ridiculously manly voice. This is all the more noticeable next to most of the rest of the English version voice cast, who, by contrast, tend to sound rather bored or half-asleep at even the most dramatic moments in the game.
- Same thing applies to battle. Even in the Japanese. Everyone else's battle shouts are up to par, but Fog just takes it to the next level with his "BAANING FORCE!" Pity the anime didn't include him.
- Official Tales of Phantasia English intro, anyone?Morrison: THOU art at the GATE to the UNDERWORLD... Come forth, THUNDER of the GODS!Dhaos: WHAT the HECK is THAT!?Morrison: This ends... HE-YAH! IN-DIG-NAY-SHUN!
- Any final boss will tend towards a maximum of hamminess as the final battle approaches.
- As does, well, most of the Vanguard in Dawn of the New World. Especially the ones affected by Solum's core.
Ratatosk: Lumen, OBEY ME!
- For that matter, Ratatosk!Emil.
- You almost expect the Geass symbol to appear in his left eye as he shouts this.
- Starting from Destiny 2, any invocation of any Hi-Ougi by any character will do this. Emotionless characters will intone oaths and spells with great gravitas, more Hot-Blooded ones let out their Screaming Warrior, and bosses, especially of the final variety, will reach off the scale ham levels declaring their intent to rend time, space, and creation.
Ratatosk Mode Emil: "SEEEEAAAAAAH!" * slash slash slash* "This is the FINAL STRIKE!" * BOOOM!!* "Hehehahahahaha! Darkness devours! AIN SOPH AUR!!!
- For example, here's a Hi-Ougi from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World:
- Also Richard. Or, more appropriately, THE MASK OF BARONA!
- In the Super Smash Bros. series, due to his over-the-top entrance in Subspace Emissary, some of his lines, and his attacks, Captain Falcon is often seen as this. This has spawned many Memes; most notably, the FAAAALCOOON PUUUUUUNNNCHHHH!!!!!!
- Fire Emblem has quite a few standouts.
Wallace: Look! A giant walks among you!! My defense is impenetrable! COME! BREAK YOUR WEAPONS AGAINST ME! AHAHAHAHAHA!
- In Blazing Sword, General Wallace is certainly meant to be this way.
You think me one to don the cap and bells, and gambol in the street for petty coin? But soft, I see why you might mark me so.
- Made even more obvious in his supports with Vaida, which are pure Ham-to-Ham Combat.
- Sain is one of these as well, as evidenced by his Purple Prose and his eagerness to prove himself in front of cute girls.
- Also, Devdan/Danved in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. "DEVDAN HEARS THE SOUND OF BATTLE!" "Danved fight like 10 men!". Kieran fits this to a degree, but has more elements of a Genki Girl.
- And I quote, "I am Crimean Royal Knight, Fifth Platoon Captain Kieran! See me and tremble!"
- Skrimir also had a Large Ham personality, especially at the start of his country's war. This lessened as the game went on, but he had a larger-than-life persona until the end.
- Bastian is most definitely a ham even though he has no voice actor. Not that he needs one to be one of the most over-the-top characters in the game, constantly spouting Shakespearean sounding verse.
- Special mention goes to King Dheginsea of Goldoa for his incredibly hammy voice acting.
" Olivia? H-hey, Olivia. ... You being crazy again, Olivia? Olivia?! Aw, come on, Olivia! You can't die now! NOOOOO! OLIVIAAAAAA ! Come back to me, Olivia! Stay out of the light! STAY OUT OF THE LIIIIIIGHT!"
- Fire Emblem Awakening has Owain who makes sure to Title Drop other titles in the franchise with his epic speeches and the Incoming Ham For Great Justice that is Cynthia.
- Owain's hamminess gets lampshaded in-story, when at the start of his Paralogue his future mother Lissa asks Lucina how he is like, and she looks distressed and says "he's... rather colorful". The next scene has Owain unleashing his hamminess as he pulls a Big Damn Heroes to save a girl from bandits.
- It's not just other Fire Emblem games... In a conversation with an Allied NPC in one of the DLC chapters, he promises to defend her with his technique of "SKYWARD... SHIELD!"
- Henry isn't normally super hammy, but he has a memorable moment in his supports with Olivia when she collapses due to a curse and he has a massive Freak Out:
- Noire's split personality is a mix of this, Cute and Psycho, and No Indoor Voice. It just makes for a completely delicious recipe for ham. BLOOD AND THUNDER!!!!
- L'Arachel and Dozla from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. The former is a princess whose goal is to rid the lands from monsters For Great Justice, and lets everyone in the vicinity know the moment she enters the screen, while the latter is her loyal servant who happily goes along with L'Arachel's antics and starts most of his sentences with a hearty "Gwah ha hah!"
- The quote of pork was NOT missed in Fire Emblem Fates, since the mere presence of the Nohrian fighter Arthur and Owain's Black Mage expy Odin simply ooze ham. From Arthur's permanent grin and Lantern Jaw of Justice, to Odin's Hot-Blooded declarations and battle shouts, to Cam Clarke and Kaiji Tang's gleeful voice acting in the localization... "BEWARE MY FISTS OF JUSTICE!" and "UNQUENCHABLE BLOOD FLAMES", indeed. And Odin turns out to not be just Owain's expy... but Owain himself.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses has Ferdinand von Aegir in the Japanese version. He introduces himself in battle with a very hammy rendition of saying his name, and in general, tends to overreact and/or display a lot of energy. It's downplayed in the English dub, however, as while he does have some hammy moments (notaby his S-support), his voice actor uses a softer and more mild tone overall.
- Kyoshiro Senryo of the Samurai Shodown series is an actual Large Ham actor. However, his overacting fits the kabuki stage perfectly, and he's a huge hit. He even calls his "clone" out on that if he wins in the first game
- Id and Grahf in Xenogears, as well as Big Joe! and the Captain of the Thames. "I! *pose* AM A MAN! *pose* OF THE SEA! GWAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- Bob Page in the final act of Deus Ex. Sure he does a fair bit of begging for his life as your victory becomes more and more likely, but other than that he loves nothing more than to mock you and proclaim himself a god.
- The three other factions in that scene are little better, actually. As you get closer to accomplishing their goals they go on and on about how Right they are for whatever reason.
- The Grand Templar in Deus Ex: Invisible War is another ham. The guy's basically Adolf Hitler, so he's justified in having honed his melodramatic recruiting speeches.
- The voice samples the player has to choose from for the PC of Neverwinter Nights are almost all examples of epic ham. It really makes it hard to play a taciturn character when your PC keeps shouting "My STEEL...will STRIKE TRUE!"
- "Attack! Ah sayyyyyyyyyy, attack!"
- "Prepare to become one... with eternity."
- "DIE! DIE! DIE! DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEhehehehe..."
- "TIME FOR A BIT OF A GAME!"
- "I'M HERE! FIGHT ME!"
- Some of the NPCs' voicesets do this too. Quoth Valen: "Into the flames we leap!"
- A lot of the companions are like this too. Especially Daelan Red-Tiger.
- They actually kept the original voicesets for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as added some new ones. Among these is the "Dramatic" voiceset...
- "Your death has been TOO long DELAYED!"
- Onmyōji has the cultured lad Yōko who always uses flowery classical language and very dramatic intonation. Nobunaga Shimazaki must be having a great time voicing him.
- King Drake the third from Makai Kingdom, who comes complete with ridiculously overblown posing, pyrotechnics when he says his name, and a leitmotif that sounds like someone's national anthem. Oh, and he's voiced by Norio Wakamoto. His hamminess is the major reason why the other overlords consider him a first-class twat.
- Zetta's first appearance is so hammy that it not only leaves chew marks on the scenery but also sets it on fire (literally), but he mellows down after his unfortunate transformation. Which isn't to say that he no longer hams it up:Zetta: Disperse, loyal battle monkeys! Do my bidding and bust a cap!
- Hey! Double points for he's voiced here by Crispin Freeman in the English version.
- Likewise Zetta's long time love Salome hams it up big time in the final chapter of the game, shocking even Zetta with her scenery chewing insanity.
- It is a job requirement for every Demon Overlord in the NI Sverse to ham it up as strongly and often as possible.
- Zetta's first appearance is so hammy that it not only leaves chew marks on the scenery but also sets it on fire (literally), but he mellows down after his unfortunate transformation. Which isn't to say that he no longer hams it up:
- Sanger Zonvolt from Super Robot Wars becomes one of these in battle. Many characters have In the Name of the Moon speeches, but his consists of loudly declaring his name, his self-appointed title of "the sword that cleaves evil", a very loud battle cry, and a post-mortem reminder that there's nothing his BFS can't cut through. This may or may not be preceded by him telling his enemies to "Shut up! And listen!"
- Agnus in Devil May Cry 4. Dante even engages him in what appears to be a battle to see who can be the most ham in one cutscene.
- Dante (or anyone) still has yet to top the infamous: "I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIII~IIIIIIGHT!". Mundus in the same game. "Dante, I will return... And I will RULE THIS WOOOOOOOOOOORLD!"
- "And now...my soul...IS SAYING IT WANTS TO STOP YYYOOUUUUU!!!!"
- "Is...sanity! The price to pay...FOPOWWAH?!"
- "For I AM HERE! To re-CLAIM! What is RIGHTFULLYMINE!"
- Arkham! Seriously, he's the hammiest character in 3. "Now, after two millenniums of confinement, it can at LAST fulfill the PURPOSE for which it was INTENDED!"
- You're not just whistling dixie. They even wrote it that way in the subtitles: "THAT is WHAT the SOMETHING is!"
- A lot of the dialogue in those Castlevania games that actually have dialogue, especially Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness due to the use of fairly accurate but still excessive Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe. But the Ham-hat goes off to the English dub of Symphony of the Night, especially this legendary exchange between Dracula and Richter Belmont, sadly retranslated in the PSP remake:
- Richter: "DIE, monster! You don't BELONG in this world!"Dracula: "It was not by MY hand that I am once again given FLESH! I was called here by HUMANS who wish to pay ME Tribute!"Richter: "TRIBUTE?!! You steal men's SOULS and make them your SLAVES!"Dracula: "Perhaps the same can be said of ALL religions."Richter: "Your words are as empty as your SOUL! Mankind ILL NEEDS a savior such as YOU!"Dracula: "WHAT IS A MAN?! *Throws wine glass* A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk...HAVE AT YOU!"
BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM, AND DESPAIR!!!
- The Dracula X Chronicles has its moments, both in Rondo and in Symphony:Richter: "The only one I'm here for is you. To HELL with your heresy! You're nothing but a blight on mankind!"Dracula: "Hah! Mankind... *Wine glass* A cesspit of HATRED AND LIES! Fight for them, then, and die for their SINS!"
- And during the battle proper:Dracula: "Enough of this! GRANT ME POWEEERRRR!!Dracula: "To think I would be forced to use such power..." | "This is not enough?! VERY WELL!" | "Behold my TRUE form, and DESPAIR!"
- Or Alucard's first encounter with Richter.Richter: "Minions! Approach from the gates of HELL!:Alucard: "Your blood... The scent of your blood... YOU'RE A BELMONT!!"Richter: "Attack! Rid my castle of this PEST!"
- Dracula also hams it up during the final confrontation with Alucard:
- This is even funnier when it appears, word for word, in I Wanna Be the Guy, with the squeaky-voiced Kid doing Richter's lines.
- Portrait of Ruin gives us BraunerBrauner: "THIS IS ART!!"
- While fighting both Albus and Barlowe in Order of Ecclesia, they tend to ham it up pretty well. Especially Barlowe's high-pitched, maniacal cackling he makes when he flies across the room.Albus: "HEAVEN BULLET!" "STAR SHOT!" "THINK YOU CAN DODGE THIS?" "VERTICAL SHOT!!!" And as he dies: "SHANOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!!"
- And thanks to Albus mode, you get to hear his hamminess every time you perform a special attack. It's a completely different set of lines, despite being the exact same attacks, just for that extra ham flavor."AHPTIKAL SHAWT! MAX SHOT! YOU CAN'T HIT ME YOU CAN'T HIT ME YOU CAN'T YOU CAN'T YOU YOU YOU CAN'T HIT ME!"
- And thanks to Albus mode, you get to hear his hamminess every time you perform a special attack. It's a completely different set of lines, despite being the exact same attacks, just for that extra ham flavor.
- Leon's Narmful vow in Lament of Innocence:Leon: I'll kill you, AND THE NIGHT!
- Dawn of Sorrow has these in Japanese, as it was never translated into English, voicewise. The fight against Soma Cruz as Dracula is particularly notable, with his marvellous evil laugh, and the way he calls out the name of the person you are using while throwing his wine glass away. "Julius... BERUMONDOOOOOAAAAA!"
- The Baldur's Gate series is a textbook example of a World of Ham. There isn't a single character who isn't awesomely over the top and loving it. Even so, some characters stand out as being especially hammy:
"I grow tired of shouting battlecries when fighting this mage! Boo will finish his eyeballs ONCE AND FOR ALL so he DOES NOT RISE AGAIN! EVIL! MEET MY SWORD!'' SWOOOOOORD! MEEEEEET! EEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIL!"
- Minsc is a Boisterous Bruiser-flavored ham with his constant shouting of battlecries and enthusiasm.
- The Command & Conquer RTS series of games is legendary for its wonderfully cheesy FMV cutscenes and a healthy dose of Deadpan Snarkerey, but the Red Alert games take it to a whole other level of, er... enthusiasm. A few specific examples:
"Go ahead my son. Push the button. Inscribe your place in history with the blood of GDI. ""How could my own brothers believe that what transpired at the Temple Prime did not unfold exactly as I had planned? Of course I could not have planned for an ambush BY MY OWN FORCES!"
- In-game, you have the Tesla Troopers, who toss off Bond One-Liners such as "Burn, baby, burn!!" in a cheesy Ahnuld accent.
- On the Soviet side, there's Stalin himself, who gets nuttier (and hammier) as the game progresses, The psychic Yuri, who seems to be channeling Bela Lugosi for the entire game, and the most Hamtacular of all - Premier Romanov, who will only let go of the scenery when they pry it from his cold, dead jaws.
- For the Allies, there's President Dugan, a No Celebrities Were Harmed version of Bill Clinton, and General Carville, who serves his Ham Texas-style.
- All in all, the Soviet Campaign is far more Ham-heavy than the Allies. It may be something in the vodka.
- Command & Conquer 3 outdoes them all by including Billy Dee Williams who speaks EVERY line in the same tone used by Lando Calrissian when hitting on Princess Leia. It gets creepy when he's talking about the death of millions of people this way. Then theres Joseph D. Kucan who returns as Kane, with more Ham than ever before.
- In the intro to Kane's Wrath, Kane's epic speech is so hammy that it comes complete with earthquakes punctuating his sentences.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 has the hammiest cast list possible Tim Curry, Jonathan Pryce, J.K. Simmons, and George Takei. The film sets which haven't been chomped to pieces by the actors are strewn with awesome levels of cheese and ham. ALL the actors seems to having the time of their lives - especially Tim Curry, who dominates any scene he's in.
- And in a marked contrast to RA 2, the Allied campaign is the hammiest of them all-Eva is about the only one who isn't consistently munching on scenery and pork alike every second she's on screen, but she has her moments. The Soviets are no slouches, either, but the Empire campaign leaves something to be desired in the ham department-the Imperial actors would be hammy in any other game, but simply can't match the Allies and Soviets.
- The Red Alert 3: Uprising expansion is set to feature Malcolm McDowell and Ric Flair. EA is trying to create some sort of Ham Singularity (or "Aporkolypse.")
- Both Pey'j and Double H[am] in Beyond Good & Evil ratched up the ham to ridiculous levels (Pey'j in the most literal sense possible, since he's a talking pig and all.) Pey'j is a Boisterous Bruiser-ish, Texan-accented ham with a wide variety of bizarre euphemisms and quips to his name, plus the always-useful SWEET JESUS! Double H, on the other hand, appears to be an immigrant from a deliciously awful action movie, complete with gutteral growl, random military wisdom, and an utterly ridiculous Catchphrase. CARLSON AND PEETERS!
- Maximillian Roivas and Pius Augustus both engage in some deliciously hilarious hamming in Eternal Darkness.
- Some of the enemy commanders from Supreme Commander serve a large side of ham with their taunts to the player, including Commander Godwyn (Operation Unlock) and Commander Eris (Operation Metal Shark and Operation Defrag). The largest ham award, however, goes to Commander Ariel, of Operation Shining Star. At any given moment, she's just barely restraining a maniacal evil witch laugh.
- Blizzard Entertainment tends to ham up the voice acting in all their games with delightful results, but the crowning glory is the opera event in World of Warcraft's Karazan instance. Merely reading a transcription of the script doesn't really do justice to the voice actor's BRIAN BLESSED-inspired performance and the audience going "oooooh! ahhhhhh!"
Blood Mage: My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people's blood, which can only be repaid with at least twice as much blood! Or maybe three times as much blood! Like if you went to hell, and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, THEN MAYBE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH BLOOD! Eh...but probably not.
- Kael'thas definitely qualifies, especially his death emote in the Magisters' Terrace instance:
- My demise accomplishes nothing! The Master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall burn! Aaaghh!
- Kael'thas is wonderfully hammy. He just never seems to stop talking.
- He was even hammy back in Warcraft III. Facing the undead with naught but STICKS and HARSH LANGUAGE, anyone?
- And that was nothing compared to the generic Blood Mage's Stop Poking Me! rant about blood.
Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! CRY FOR MERCY, THE RECKONING HAS COME!!!
- Almost all of the lines said by Lord Jaraxxus in Trial of the Crusader
- Jaraxxus is such a ham that most players will refer to him by both his name and his full title, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion.
- FLESH FROM BONE!!!
- FLESH TROMBONE!
- The above line, as well as kael'thas' "Merely a setback" have undergone considerable Memetic Mutation among the WoW playerbase. See Here
- Illidan Stormrage would like to take this time to remind you that "You are NOT prepared!" to "Feel the Hatred of TEN THOUSAND YEARS!"
- In the 5-man Well of Eternity he's back to his old hammy ways. The Well might have collapsed because Illidan kept chewing on the scenery.
- Speaking of the opera event, Romulo and Julianne are made of this trope. Especially the former, whose dramatic yelps remind you of the main character in Space Mutiny.
- "I am not some simple jester! I am Nielas Aran!"
- "Who are you? What do you want?! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!"
- And while we're in Karazhan: Surely you did not think you could win.
- Really now, if there are any raid bosses, pre-Burning Crusade in particular, who don't fit this trope, their lines certainly don't stick in the memory the way the truly hammy ones do.
- Burning Crusade is chock full of these. Aeonus the best example of Voice of the Legion, Talon King Ikiss is also good one "Ikiss cut you...pretty..RAAAAWK...slice you...YEEEESSSS..yes.".
- Blackheart the Inciter's "I see dead people", "You fail! MUHAHAHA..HAHAHA!" "Time for fun!"
- Possibly epitomized by the Headless Horseman. His page on Wowwiki has some quotes of his on it, but without voice acting, much of the effect is lost.
- Here's a video with the audio files of the Headless Horseman.
All will BURN beneath the SHADOW...OF MY WIIINGS!
- Wrath of the Lich King is not without its share of pork product. The dialogue between Thassarian and Leryssa on top of En'kilah needs to be heard to be believed.
- Malygos. Both the prefight talking and the over the top violence he threatens on you.
- Alexstasza! Another of your brood FALLS! Bwahahahahaha!
- The first ingame cinematic isn't entirely without ham either.Arthas! The blood of your father, of your people, demands Justice!
Tirion: ARTHAAAAAAAAAS!!!andMorgraine: Soldiers of the Scourge! Death Knights of Acherus! Minions of Darkness! —->Hear the call of the highlord! RISE!Lord Maxwell Tyrosus: Stand fast brothers and sisters! The light WILL PREVAIL!
- Light's Hope Chapel must have some kind of Ham Aura.
- Because it needs to be said... Yogg-Saron. Bonus points for being near-literally made of mouths to ham with. Those centuries of lockup? Practice.Yogg-Saron: I am the Lucid Dream! I am the Monster in your Nightmares! The Fiend of a Thousand Faces! Cower before my True Form! BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!! WOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Instructor Rasuvious: I'm just getting warmed up!Instructor Rasuvious: You should've stayed home!
- The fight with Instructor Rasuvious is particularly hammy.
- The player character, with many voice-acted emotes."THE SIN'DOREI WILL PREVAIL!""Rend flesh with me!""CHAAAAAAARGE!""For the GLORY OF QUEL'THALAS!"
- Warcraft III has every male unit, but notably the Paladin. He actually has an indoor voice, but lines like "SMITE with great VENGEANCE!" "In Lightbringer's name, HAVE AT THEE!" and "Is that a sword? LUXURY! Is that a horse? SLOTH! Is that a helmet? VANITY!".
- The Frozen Halls instances from patch 3.3 all have their hammish bosses, but Scourgelord Tyrannus takes the cake."Rimefang! Trap them within the tunnel! BURY THEM ALIVE!""Perhaps you should have stayed... in the mountains!""Rimefang! Destroy this fool!""POWAAAAH! OVERWHELMIIIIIING!!"
- What about the Devourer of Souls?
- Eadric the Pure, one of the 2 Argent Crusade Bosses of Trial of the Champion, would be considered a Large Ham of the Light, especially compared to the Argent Confessor Paletress. Ironically, he's an easy boss compared to the Confessor.
- Blizzard would like you to know that despite the typical byline of "women can't become liches or be hammy", that this is patently false necro-sexist propaganda. Observe Lady Deathwhisper actually gasping for breath in between lines. Now we know why Kel'Thuzad got a Right-Hand Cat instead: Liches need some peace and quiet too.
You are FOOOLS to have comeeee to this PLACE! the ICY winds of NORTHrend will CONSUUUMEE your SOUUULLS!
- I suggest we rename Icecrown Citadel to Largeham Citadel.
- SUFFER MORTALS, AS YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAAAAAAAAAAYS YOU! (Also Sindragosa)
- Lord Marrowgar.BBBBOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEESSSSSSTTTTTOOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMM!note Funny enough the joke went around that Sindragosa's most powerful ability was her incessant raspy voice.
- It was the same way back in Warcraft 2, as narrator Bill Roper tells us of the Alliance arming itself with Dwarven cannon and Elven STEEL to fight the Tides of Darkness.
- Another special mention to Deathwing, who ranks as one of the hammiest, loudest Warcraft characters there is, particularly is the intro for Cataclysm
Look upon me and you see Death incarnate, the unmaker of worlds.
- Also in the Twilight Highlands:
TOO SOON. YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS.YOU CALLED, LITTLE SHAMAN. AND THE FIRELORD HAS ANSWERED!Funnily enough Ragnaros has ceased speaking in all caps in his own realm of the Firelands. Perhaps he doesn't wish to out-ham his new ally, Deathwing.
- His best ham comes from the Madness of Deathwing fight:(at start) YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING! I WILL TEAR YOUR WORLD APART!(Final phase) I AM DEATHWING! THE DESTROYER! THE END OF ALL THINGS! INEVITABLE! INDOMINABLE! I! AM! THE CATACLYSM!
- Deathwing's hamminess is the embodiment of cringe-inducing narm.
Foolish mortals - (Usurper's children!) Nothing you have done - (SPAWN OF A LESSER GOD!) I am trying to speak here! (Words, words, words! The Master wants MURDER!)
- And then there's Cho'gall, who has two heads—one of them deep-voiced and portentous, the other flat-out crazy—which spend most of the Bastion of Twilight instance making over-the-top speeches in wonderful Honeybaked counterpoint. It's not often you find a character in Ham-to-Ham Combat with himself.
Enough! (To His will all flesh succumbs. From His kingdom, chaos comes!) Yes - what he said.
- They get back into agreement when attacked:
Let the coilsss ... of DEATH ... UNFURRRRRRRL!Hisss word FILLS me! My blood is VENOM! AND YOU WILL BAAAATHE IN THE GLORY OF THE SSSNAKE GAAAAWD!
- Contiuning the trend, the new heroics gives us several hammy bosses. The king of it must be the snake boss, High Priest Venoxis. His quotes ain't much changed since the original, but his VA forces so much ham into it. You'll hardly believes he's dying when uttering "MYYYY DEATTH... MEAAANS NOOOTHINNGG!". You really have to hear it to believe it, but here are a few other highlights:
- Not to be outdone by the men, Vanessa Van Cleef takes a page from Kael'thas' book and tries to Evil Gloat her opponents to death.
- And now...we have the Firelands, aka the Dimension Of Smoked Hams. When Frandal Staghelm is the subtle one, it makes one wonder if Ragnaros goes out of his way to find minions that remind him of himself.
- Lord Rhyolith in particular can't seem to decide whether he's a grumpy old man or Optimus Prime, switching between bitter complaints about the small nuisances around him to bombastic, booming threats and proclamations, i.e. "Ooooh! You little beasts!" to "SUCCUMB TO LIVING FLAME!!"
- 4.3 Takes the Ham level and raises it hamazingly high...
- Starting with Archbishop Benedictus...There is no good, no evil, no Light. There is only POWAH!
- ...then Ultraxion...I am the beginning of the end... the shadow which blots out the sun... the bell which tolls your doom... For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your death, mortals, and despair! Now is the Hour of Twilight!
- ...and then Warmaster Blackhorn.Look's like I'm doing this myself. Good!
- Starting with Archbishop Benedictus...
- Garrosh Hellscream's True Horde seems to be built on ham. Featuring:
- Garrosh himself who starts devouring more and more of the scenery as the fight goes on.
- Warlord Zaela, head of the Dragonmaw under Garrosh' command, who is such a large ham that it is a miracle that her drake can still carry her.
- Earthbreaker Haromm and Wavebinder Kardris, the leaders of Garrosh' Dark Shaman, bending both the elements AND the ham to their will.
- None of them, however, can hold a candle to Garrosh' right hand man Malkorok.
- Kael'thas definitely qualifies, especially his death emote in the Magisters' Terrace instance:
- In the StarCraft universe, it's the ones who aren't hams that are rare. While the Ghost may get his Creepy Monotone, he can keep it, because almost everyone else is pure unabridged ham. Third prize: Tassadar's big speech at the beginning of the final mission. Second prize: Terran Firebats. And the grand prize goes to...The Siege Tank. Honorary mentions go to the Terran Marine, the Terran Dropship, the Protoss Zealot, the Terran Wraith, both Protoss Archons, the Zerg Overlord, and the Terran Vulture. Some voice actor was evidently having a lot of fun while recording that game.
- The Infested Terrans."Live for the Swarm!"
- The Overmind. Essentially being God to the Horde of Alien Locusts doesn't help."Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me."
- In StarCraft II, we have Thor pilots, and the hybrid Maar, among many, many other units and characters. See Maar here.
- The Infested Terrans.
- Overwatch, Blizzard's newest IP, has plenty of hams, the largest and hammiest being the ten-foot-tall hammer-wielding power-armored Boisterous Bruiser knight known as Reinhardt.Reinhardt: Huh! Honor! Justice! Reinhardt! Reinhardt! Reinhardt! Hahahaha!
- Ansem from Kingdom Hearts (Actually, Xehanort. The true "Ansem" is actually very good at avoiding this). His first few scenes has him speaking in a Creepy Monotone...and then comes the epic Final Boss battle, in which every line he speaks (in both the battle and cutscenes surrounding it, in both Japanese and English versions) is made of pure ham:Ansem: So, you have come this far and STILL you understand NOTHING. Every light must fade, every heart return to DARKNESS!
- His new VA in KHII turns up the ham even more with his rendition.
Maleficent: A bit? Do you remember "THE TRUE DARKNESS!" or "You think you can defeat me? ME, THE MISTRESS OF ALL EVIL!?"
- His Nobody, Xemnas, is this to a lesser degree. His voice is an emotionless drone, but he likes to inflect alot of his words and make outrageous body gestures while doing so. "Hearts are power! Nothingness...iiiis...eternaaaaaal!"
- While perhaps only a sandwich compared to the honey-glazed goodness of Ansem AKA Xehanort, Maleficent in the first game also is a bit hammy.
Hades: HOW DARE YOU HAVE A HAPPY ENDING! HOW DARE YOU!Saïx: ALL SHALL BE LOST TO YOU!Saïx: I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH NOTHING!
- Frustrated with her period of Villain Decay in Kingdom Hearts II, Maleficent gets even hammier. "A DOMINION FIT TO BE CALLED KINGDOM HEARTS MUST BE MY DOMINION!" "I DON'T TAKE ORDERS FROM YOU!" "THIS CASTLE WILL BE MIIINE!"
- And then there's Hades who, in the first game, only really yelled once: a restrained "He makes me CRAZY!" But in the second game, he yells, "YOU ARE FIRED!!" during his battle with Auron, with little provoking. And then, during the final battle with him:
Master Xehanort: "BEHOLD! These lifeless keys used to be full of power. United with the hearts of their masters, on this barren soil, Keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat! As the great Keyblade War RAAAGGED!"
- Seems this is endemic with anyone associated to Xehanort as Birth By Sleep's Big Bad, Master Xehanort, can give Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas a run for their money. Natch, because he's the precursor to all of them. Helps to be voiced by Leonard Nimoy.
Sora: I never would have made it here without the three of you. But it's my turn now. Let me be your light, and I'll show you the way home!Donald: Um, isn't that hamming it up a little?
- Vanitas' helmet seems to act as a ham filter, as he spends most of his time with it on talking in the smug voice of a Magnificent Bastard who knows there's nothing the heroes can do to stop him. Once it's off, you can tell his voice actor (in both versions) really starts to enjoy himself.
- Let's just face it, if you're a villain, and you're in KH, you're a ham. The amazing voice actors definitely help.
- In Re:Coded, Sora gets his own hammy moment. It is then lampshaded.
- Back in Re:Chain of Memories, Larxene's actresses in English and Japanese at least could not be having more fun voicing the most sadistic member of Organization XIII; every line Larxene speaks makes it sound like she's gleefully skipping through a meadow of evil, kicking children and puppies as she goes and loving every single second of it. Marluxia can get hammy himself, but Larxene is probably the biggest ham of that game.
- SHODAN from System Shock and its sequel (the being illustrated atop this page) does plenty of hamming, especially with her secondary voices:
- SHODAN (moderately pitched voice): "Fitting handmaidens to my... (deep voice) DIVINITY!"
- "Welcome to my DEATH! MACHINE! interloper!"
- "And now they seek to DESTROY ME!"
- "Approach your work as you see fit, but accomplish, human... (Disappointment) DisapPOINTMENT is not something I will accept from a speck (A SPECK!) SUCH AS YOU! (such as you...) "
- "Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"
- "You THINK like an insect! You MOVE like an insect! You ARE an insect!"
- "We can examine the possibilities... of A REAL ALLIANCE!!
- "Remember that it is my will that guided you here. It is my will that gave you your cybernetic implants... the only beauty... IN THAT MEAT YOU CALL A BODY! If you value that meat (VALUE that meat) you will do AS I TELL YOU! (As I tell you!) (I tell you!) (I tell you!) (I tell you!) (I tell you!) (I tell you!)"
- "YOUR BLOOD FOULS MY DOMAIN..."
- "I AM SHODAN!"
- Her echo voices get even hammier. For example, after she says, "I lust for my revenge" in the second game, another one of her voices says, "my REVENGE!"
- Razputin from Psychonauts. He's voiced by Richard Horvitz, who almost exclusively plays Large Hams in small bodies. Raz isn't quite up to the Zim extreme, but he does get some good ones:Raz: Before I can use this machine, I need to go to the Camp Store... to buy some delicious taffy!
- Dr. LobotoLoboto: I hate to be so blunt, m'boy, but you have the insanity... of a MANATEE!
Loboto: You'll be singing a different tune. A tune in the key of BRAINS!
- Ginny Westcott as the Den Mother. Even in a game notable for its Large Hams her scenery chewing stands out. "The milk is NOT ready, and YOU are NOT ready for the MILK!"
- But Coach Oleander takes the cake.
- Dr. Loboto
- Legacy of Kain, by virtue of the flowery script and a cast made up of classically trained actors. All the main characters get a go, but Kain and the Elder God really take the cake.
- Despite not having any voiced dialogue, Rawk Hawk from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is insanely hammy. This is fitting, though—he's a professional fighter, and grandstanding is part of the biz. If you mess with the Hawk, you're gonna get RAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWKED!
- Flint Cragley, as well as some of the villians, in Super Paper Mario certainly qualify.
- Bowser too. Especially in Super Mario Galaxy 2, where his size increases along with his ham.Bowser: I'M HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!
BEEF! STEAK! PRIME STEAK! BEEF MUSCLE UP!
- Big Massif and Lil Massif in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team are about as hammy as you can get!
- The Legend of Zelda:
"You DARE bring light to my lair?! YOU MUST DIE!"
- The King of Hyrule in The Legend Of Zelda C Di Games is worth the price of admission alone. "Mah boi! This peace is what all true warriors strive for?" "Enough! My ship sails in the morning. ...I wonder what's for dinner?"
- Ganon is also fairly impressive.
- Link is pretty hammy in the CD-i games too.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker's Ganondorf: YOUR GODS DESTROYED YOU!!
- Ganondorf's pretty good at this all around. Let's keep in mind that, as Ganon, he is literally a Large Ham."CURSE YOU SAGES! CURSE YOU ZELDA! CURSE YOU LINK!"I believe you mean, "CURSE YOU ZELDA! CURSE YOU Link!"
- Ganondorf's Expy in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Malladus, might be a pretty extreme example: He gets barely three lines in the whole game, but each of them is so incredibly hammy, Ganondorf himself would probably back off:"RELEASE ME!!!""This body... is rejecting my spirit... I'm... slipping from it... ... I can't hold on for long... but the world will crumble in the time I have left!"
- And what about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's Ghirahim? "FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!"
- Or, "This news has just filled my heart with RAINBOWS!"
- Sinistar. He hungers! RUN, COWARD! RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN!
- Every iteration of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War has (at least!) one large ham, but everyone involved had to take a step back to let Brother-Captain Indrick Boreale from Soulstorm pass...
Firaeveus Carron: Look! Rhinos, RHINOS! Our enemies hide in METAHL BAWKSES! The cowards! The FOOLS! We...We should TAKE AWAAAAYYY their Metahl Bawkses...Lord Bale: SSSSIIIINDRIIIIII!!!!Lord Crull: I swear to you, I'LL RRRIP THE FLESH FROM YOUR BONES, AND EEAAT YOUR EEEYES!!! ALL REMAINING UNITS... CHAAAARGE THE GAAAATE!!!!
- Every single Chaos Lord (except for Eliphas the Inheritor, who goes for Cold Ham instead) is frothing at the mouth during all their scenes. This image probably says it best◊
(*On capturing a control point)HOIST THE FLAG OF COMMORRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!RAYZE OWAH STADAHT!FOOOOOOOOOOOR COMMORRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
- Near every commander in Dark Crusade had a moment or two, and two commanders in particular, Eliphas the Inheritor and Warboss Gorgutz, were nothing but ham.
- Gorgutz: "'Ere I come, Chaos boyz! 'Ope ya weren't bored waitin!"
- Eliphas: "Your subtlety astounds me, Ork."
- "I seethe with purpose..." Funny thing: Eliphas is a combination medieval war bishop (or preacher) and Space Marine, yet doesn't shout nearly as much as you'd think he would.
- Here is a magnificent compilation of the Chaos forces' collective ham in the Dawn of War series. Warning: may cause terminal cholesterol poisoning.
- The aforementioned Boreale's hamminess was so incredibly astounding it has become something of a meme. Any Soulstorm player knows why it's so commonly spelled "SPESS MEHREENS".Boreale: WE ARE THE EMPRAH'S FUREH!!!Boreale: If we die this deh we die in GLOARY!
- The Commissar manages this all the time. "FORWARD, YOU DOGS, TO VICTORY!"
- He does better than that even. When getting out of a building or transport: "I...will WALK now."
- The Dark Eldar breathe this trope in all its moustache-twirlingly awesome glory, channeling Catherine Trammell, Bane, Darth Vader, Darkseid, and General Zod:
- The Imperial Psyker isn't far behind either. "WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOM!"
- Ditto the priest. "LET ME PREACH HIS NAME!"
- A lot of Imperial Guard units are like this. The Kasrkin never get old: FOR THE IMPERIUM OF MAN! AAAAAAUUUGGGHHH!! And then there's the Spess Mehreen Chaplain, where it must be in the job description.
- It is in the job description. Chaplains are supposed to whip Space Marines into a religious frenzy. "Rally to me brothers, AND WE WILL WIN!"
- Even the Necrons don't get off kosher. The Necron Lord stomps around the battlefield like he's pissed off he didn't get the Imperial March for his theme tune, managing to ham it up even though he's mute!
- Canoness Selena Agna in Soulstorm was a rare female example, and she was magnificent: "Fire! Fire my sisters! Do not falter, do not BLINK until the enemy are CINDERS! CINDERS AND ASH!!!"
- Dawn of War II.
- Force Commander: "SHOW ME WHAT PASSES FOR FURY AMONGST YOUR MISBEGOTTEN KIND!!"
- The status reports are made of this practically, something in the Space Marine genome must make them be unable to stop chewing on the scenery given how every single time they say something this Trope applies.
- "THEY FIRE UPON US AND WE SHALL RETURN IT!"
- "THE ENEMY WISHES TO FIGHT, BROTHERS! LET US INDULGE THEM!"
- "THE ENEMY HAS CLAIMED ONE OF OUR BATTLE BROTHERS. THE ENEMY MUST PAY!"
- "ONE OF OUR BATTLE BROTHERS HAS DIED. DO NOT LET HIS SACRIFICE BE IN VAIN!"
- "DRIVE ME CLOSER! I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"
- "THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH! THINGS WILL GET LOUD NOW!"
- Eldar Farseer: "If you ever want to see peace again, make war now with all your heart!"
- Top honors still go to Retribution's Big Bad Azariah Kyras for this Uber-Ham of a Chaos Battlecry:
- It doesn't stop there, you cannot go for two seconds in this game without hearing a line hammed to hell and back.
- It's safe to say that any and all high-ranking Imperium forces (marines, generals, psykers, force commanders etc) in both games have at least one magnificently hammy line.
- The Mad Mek from Retribution is easily one of the biggest hams out there, and given how hammy everyone else is that's saying something.The Mad Mek: OI! Trespassahz! Invadahz! 'Ooligans and ne'er-do-wells! Nobody, but NOBODY jus' pops outta thin air on dis 'ere Space 'Ulk, wifout me say so! Now piss off, or I'm like ta say so ta somefin' nasty!
- Sam Witwer's (!) voicing of Emperor Palpatine in The Force Unleashed is almost as hammy as the original.
- Albedo from Xenosaga definitely fits this trope
- Most of the bosses from the first five Spyro the Dragon games eat giant ham sandwiches before they fight Spyro, but special mention has to go to Red.
- "Prepare, young dragon, to be taught... a lesson. OR TWO."
- "I will show you the greatest nightmare!"
Squirm! Scream! KILL!
- Enjoy the bloodthirst and the ham of Nightmare's Japanese voice. Here you have a big sample, but the first 1:20 is enough to have an idea of his badassery.
- His English voice: "DROWN IN THE CESSPOOL OF DARKNESS!!! DISAPPEAR, YOU CUR!"
- Cervantes also, especially in the English version
- Also, Yoshimitsu. In Japanese, because NORIO WAKAMOTO voices him. In English, because he speaks in stereotypically hammy over-the-top Shakespearean English.
- From the trailer of Soul Caliber V, Ezio roars, "I TRIED TO WARN YOU!" complete with mashing his fists together.
- Astaroth is nearly seven feet of ham and his voice actors Banjo Ginga, J.S. Gilbert, and Michael Mc Connohie really bring it out.
Truth: You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what? That you might escape the coming fire? Your world will burn until its surface is but glass!Gravemind: Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness for father's sins cast to his son.Gravemind: You will show me what she hides, or I WILL FEAST UPON YOUR BONES!Gravemind: I have beaten FLEETS of THOUSANDS! CONSUMED a galaxy of FLESH and MIND and BONE!!!!
- It's hard to say which one is the larger ham in the original trilogy: the High Prophet of Truth or Gravemind.
"When I joined the corps, we didn't have any fancy shmancy tanks! We had STICKS! Two sticks and a rock for the whole platoon! And we had to SHARE the rock!"
- And then there's Sergeant Avery Johnson.
Spec Ops Elites: We shall grind them into dust...Rtas: ...And continue our march to GLORIOUS SALVATION!
- Though he usually doesn't yell, Shipmaster Rtas "Half-Jaw" 'Vadum is just awesome every time he speaks.
- Hell, once they started speaking "English" in Halo 2, it became clear that most of the Elites were hams. It's amazing, considering their odd mouth shapes, how well they're able to chew the scenery.
- Halo 5: Guardians:
HYPER ATTACK!NEEDLE CANNON!ROBO PUNCH!MUTUAL ASSURED DESTRUCTION!YOU'RE DEAD, AND I WILL LIVE FOREVER!
- The Promethean soldiers are all very eager to announce how humanity is a blight on the galaxy and how they are moving to that position in loud, synthetic voices. But even they are nowhere near the level of the Largest, Loudest Ham of all, The Warden Eternal(!), who towers above the battlefield taunting the characters no matter how many times they kill him.
- The pilots of Grunt Goblins in the Warzone game mode loudly announce their attacks in a way that would not be out of place in a Super Robot anime and can be heard from across the entire map.
- The titular Elite Beat Agents. "Are you ready!? Three! Two! One! GOOO!!!" Cue Deep Purple's Highway Star, or maybe Jumping Jack Flash... Makes No Difference?
- OUEN! DAI-SEI-KOUUUUUUUU!
- It helps that the leader of the EBA is Ham Incarnate. "Agents are... GO!" It can't be a coincidence that his name is Commander Khan.
- Both the cries of "HEEEEEAAAALLP!"/"OUENDAAAAN!" and the actual in-game cut-scenes establish that the games are in a World of Ham, aside from each game's sad level.
- Sly Cooper
- Monkey Island
- The other Murray as well.
- Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, in the case of every single villain in the game.
- Several of the Purify Weird Soul moves in Valkyrie Profile are an excuse to sacrifice an enemy to the altar of ham. Some people even build their party specifically for maximum ham (it helps that a party of Lenneth, Aelia, Jayle, and Shiho is both fairly effective and extremely hammy).
- In the same vein, Lezard Hameth in the sequel gets progressively creepier and hammier.
- Suo's Narm-tastically epic "BODY AND SOOOOOOOUL SHALL BE TOOOOORN ASUNDA!! OUGI!! HYOUUUUSOUUUUHOUJIN!! or , to a lesser extent, Grey's "IIII invoke the POWERR of the GLACIAL BLAAAADE!!"among others. The hilariously-bad quality of the voice acting of the first game is a goldmine of ham in all flavors.
- Sonic the Hedgehog:
- Erazor Djinn of Sonic and the Secret Rings is a ham, especially in the ending.Erazor: I will not be defeated! If you defeat me, I will simply return, again and again! I AM IMMORTAL! I CANNOT BE VANQUISHED! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Erazor: THE WORLD IS MINE! I cannot be denied by that filthy rat! WHHHHHHYYYYYYY??!?
- Dr. Eggman is probably the king of this trope in the series, especially in later games.
- And Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). With DAN GREEN as Mephiles, chewing the scenery as he goes while travelling through time, and Shadow becomes much more so too. LET'S GET MOOOVING!
- Where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald?!
- Sonic is usually portrayed as being cool and collected (and is described as such in official profiles), but latest games have basically turned him into a parody of the Mascot with Attitude trope, spewing bad jokes and childish remarks nonstop.
- Erazor Djinn of Sonic and the Secret Rings is a ham, especially in the ending.
- No one leaves out my quote!! TVTROPES EDITORS?? You impertinent fools. I, Garland, will knock you all down!!
- Final Fantasy IV, in the DS remake. Every character gets to ham it up at one point or another, but Cid in particular near eats the scenery whole.
- Final Fantasy V, one of the sillier Final Fantasies, has Exdeath, the biggest ham this side of the VOID! Just as an example, here's one of his hammier lines. Oh, and for bonus points, he actually says it twice over the course of the game.Exdeath: Time for your viscera to see the light of day! Now die!
"FOOLS! You face the mightiest warrior in all IVALICE! You face ME! GILGAMESH!!! Long have I sought the blade of legend, SCOURED have I the furthest marches, East and West, and now my search brings me here, to YOOOUUU!! 'YOUR WEAPONS ARE FORFEIT TO MEEE!!!""QUAKE mortals, you face the blade of legends!""Hya, ha, HYAAAH! TASTE MY WRATH!
- Anything his lackey, Gilgamesh, says. Anything. It is not limited to this game either, he's become a Breakout Character spanning multiple games, and whenever he appears in any of them, Incoming Ham can certainly be expected. Gilgamesh IS ham. Here's some of his quotes from across the series:Gilgamesh:"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!""Let's see how you handle the mighty ME! And by me I mean GILGAMESH! And by handle, I mean DIIIE!""I'd say you've been hitting the oxyale a bit too hard!"
- And then they gave him a voice actor for Final Fantasy XII. John DiMaggio of all people too!
- Anything his lackey, Gilgamesh, says. Anything. It is not limited to this game either, he's become a Breakout Character spanning multiple games, and whenever he appears in any of them, Incoming Ham can certainly be expected. Gilgamesh IS ham. Here's some of his quotes from across the series:
- Final Fantasy VI. Kefka isn't shy about expressing his HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE for others.
- "YOU SOUND LIKE CHAPTERS FROM A SELF-HELP BOOKLET!"
- Cid in Final Fantasy X has just two kinds of speaking. Shouting and yelling.
- Likewise, the Cid from Final Fantasy VII has two main modes of speaking: Shouting and Swearing.
- "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!!"
- Barret and a few of Shin Ra's higher-up employees qualify.
- FFX!Cid's son, known only as Brother, inherits this in Final Fantasy X-2, thereby proving that overacting is genetic. He bellows his orders to the Gullwings in thickly accented English and milks a giant cow every chance he gets.
- Likewise, the Cid from Final Fantasy VII has two main modes of speaking: Shouting and Swearing.
- Dr. Cid from Final Fantasy XII doesn't get a lot of screentime. And what few scenes he does get, he devours with great enthusiasm."A TRIAL for Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca!""Let us use the stone! FINISH THIS VENAT!""Come! Ffamran! REVEL IN THE GLORY OF MY TRIUMPH!"
- And holy crap, Dissidia Final Fantasy takes the hammiest villains (and Shantotto) from across every numbered Final Fantasy game at the time. Sure, some of them are subdued, like Sephiroth and Ultimecia (the latter being strange, as she was a textbook Ham in her actual game), but the others? There's varying levels of hamminess, but the best of them are screaming every attack. But in the interest of space, let's just go with a sampling tray of the different flavors of ham, taken from their EX-Bursts.Garland: "Know your LIMIT! CAN YOU STAND THIS?! Miserable INSECT!
The Emperor: "Suffer! All is MINE to COMMAND! *low chuckle* Lowly worm!"
Cloud of Darkness: "True darkness! Unleash the SHADOWS! Hmmhmmhaahahaha!"
Golbez: "Guide, my inner shadow. Light and dark above... TRANSCEND THE STARS!"
Exdeath: "To the silent BEYOND!! Embrace the stillness of eternity..."
Kefka: "Be careful! Watch this! ... It's FILLING ME UP!" *kaboom* "That was titillating!"
Kuja: "Curtain rise!" *boom boom boom boom* "Here comes the FINALE!"
Jecht: "You are just out of luck! C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon! This is my show!" "One more!" "OH YEEEEEAAAAAH!"
Shantotto: "NOW I'M MAD!! Oooohohohohoho! I'm driven to DESTROY!"
Gabranth: "By my SWORD! KNOW THIS PAIN! Hmph hm hah! Take your last breath. Surrender now to OBLIVION!!"
"KNOW DESPAIR! Hollow beings!"
- And the Big Bad Chaos outhams them all. But then, he's voiced by Norio Wakamoto in the Japanese version and Keith David in English—could anyone match that level of ham?
"You are weak...CEASE TO EXIST!"
"Face the ultimate! ON YOUR KNEES! FEAR ME! THIS IS THE END!"
"Tremble...in the presence of pure CHAOS!"
To Warrior of Light: "Do not ATONE! Just PERRRRISH!!!!"To Terra: "You do not need power, for I am power."To Garland: "You DARE to oppose ME!?"To Gilgamesh: "TO THE RIFT WITH YOU!"
- And for a perfect example of Incoming Ham, his introductory taunts to the heroes. Apparently the only appropriate response to ham is to be even hammier yourself.
"HERE I AAAAAAAM!"'
- And then, in the prequel, Gilgamesh joined the ranks, hammier than EVER!
"Chop, chop! NOT DONE YET!"
"Skyhigh! CRUMBLE TO DUST!"
"FELL FOR IT!"
Cecil: "Beneath the light... COMES JUDGEMENT!"
- Seems to be a general thing for the Final Fantasy IV characters to be especially hammy in battle.
Kain: "CROSS the heavens! BOW DOWN!"
Golbez: "Let us start! I'll ERASE you!"
- Vagrant Story is a faux-Shakespearian World of Ham Squaresoft game. With a little help from Alexander O. Smith, the scenery gets chewed with great enthusiasm, including plenty of Ham-to-Ham Combat.Sydney: "They twisted your very soul, Ashley. Your despair at losing your "family" turned to hate for the lawless jackal that killed them. Hate that should be reserved for yourself."
Sydney: "Do I? Are your new-found abilities not proof enough? You believe Leá Monde responsible? You are remembering the killing arts you learned in a past life."
- Every single character in God Hand. Especially Gene, who has a smartass wisecrack for every situation and strikes goofy poses after most of his stronger moves. If you actually happen to connect with the impossibly slow yet extremely useful Yes Man Kablam move, he will look around and enjoy being cheered on by an invisible crowd.Elvis: I'm gettin' hungry, cabrone!!
- Being played by the Gary Oldman, it's no surprise that Sergeant Reznov from Call of Duty: World at War sounds like this.
- And Keifer Sutherland in the American army levels, getting plenty of chances to do his angry Jack Bauer voice. "Outstanding, men! OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!"
- Furthermore, the multiplayer announcers in Wa W were definitely this compared to the other Call of Duty games, especially the German one . Both the American and Russian ones were actually voiced by the above mentioned Sutherland and Oldman.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops "MY NAME IS VICTOR REZNOV, AND I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!
- Par for the course for Star Fox villains. Played with in the character of Andrew Oikonny in Assault, who was obviously a cheesy wannabe villain who was never meant to be taken seriously, and thus plays it way over the top.
- Star Fox 64:
- "Ah! So THIS is Star Fox! I'm going to CRUSH you!"
- "MY EMPEROR! I'VE FAAAAAAAILED YOOOOOOOOOU!"
- "Deploy all units! CHARGE!!!"
- "WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!!"
- "YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ANDROOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS!"
- "UNCLE ANDROOOOOOOSSSS!"
- "Ha ha... you're not as STUPID as you LOOK!"
- "I can't BELIEVE I lost to this SCUUUUUUUUUUM!"
- "USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!"
- "NO! HIT THE BRAKES! I CAN'T STOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!"
- "It's TIME to TRY our new WEAPON!"
- "COCKY LITTLE FREAKS!"
- "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
- Scolar Visari from Killzone 2 (voiced by the mightly Brian Cox), especially during propaganda videos."We shall unleash such terrible vengeance, that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish!"
Rico: "Sev, Garza! Heads up! You've got two companies heading your way!"Garza: "What's the good news?"Rico: "YOU GET TO KILL THEM."
- "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES!"
- "We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities... they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast."
- Even when he's cornered by guys with guns, he still manages to sound incredibly intimidating: "And who are you, soldier?"
- Hakha from the first game draws attention to himself with each word that comes out of his mouth, whether he's talking about the mission at hand or making a simple observation.
- This exchange...
- Chairman Stahl and Admiral Orlock, the main Helghast leaders from Killzone 3, are every bit Visari's equal thanks to the talents of Malcolm McDowell and Ray Winstone respectively. Given that they're also bitter rivals, they engage in generous servings of Ham-to-Ham Combat at Helghast committee meetings.
- Resident Evil:
- Barry Burton from Resident Evil. As in "a DINING room!" "You would have been a JILL sandwich!" This man is truly the biggest ham in video game history.
- "Just - take - a - look - at - this! It's FOREST! Oh. My. COD!"
- "What a monster! I can't believe - WHAT THE HELL IS THIS PLACE, ANYWAY?!"
- Barry's hamminess is thoroughly topped by Wesker in Resident Evil 5. How hammy is he? He spends the final chapter engaging in one long monologue after the other, even going so far as to pause in the middle of a fight with his gun to Chris' head just so he can keep telling Chris how much of an awesome god he will be. This hamming has been justified by his Villainous Breakdown.
- "A new Genesis is at hand, and I will be its CREATOR."
- Soon we will be at the optimal altitude for complete....global....SATURATION.
- Has it never occurred to you that this planet is overpopulated!? Only a handful of humans TRULY matter. Everyone else is just so much chaff. So now, I have to seperate this chaff from the wheat. And with Uroboros, I can FINALLY accomplish this!
- "I'M TAKING THE TWO OF YOU WITH ME!!!"
- WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND, CHRIS!?!? DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THE WORLD IS WORTH SAVING!?!?
- "Natural selection leaves the survivors STRONGER AND BETTER! Humans have escaped this winnowing for FAR TOO LONG!"
- "War and pestilence whereEVER you go! EVERYWHERE! NOTHING but LOATHSOME HUMANS!
- "THE HUMAN RACE REQUIRES JUDGEMENT!!!"
- "I CAN'T LOSE! NOT TO YOU!"
- "You will give me an egg."
- Let's face it - every. Single. Line. That comes from Wesker's mouth, comes out being incredibly hammy.
- No wonder Chris invokes Shut Up, Hannibal!. "I've had enough of your bullshit!" Even though he himself is a bit of a ham here. Albeit, far less of one.
- Leon from Resident Evil 4 is a walking Large Ham/Deadpan Snarker. As soon as minor supporting characters start to die, he switches to ham mode. "MIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!
LUUUUUUUUUISLEEEWWWIIISSS!" Then, if a friend of yours were to die, you'd scream like that too.
- The twins from Code: Veronica much?
- Wesker's foil, Sergei Vladimir is every bit as hammy, being a ridiculously over the top Russian, who speaks every line in a deep booming voice, and looks as though he's just walked out of a 1950s propaganda movie.
- Barry Burton from Resident Evil. As in "a DINING room!" "You would have been a JILL sandwich!" This man is truly the biggest ham in video game history.
- "EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING! DAMN IT ALLLL!!!" Edge Maverick, Star Ocean: The Last Hope. True, he did just accidentally cause the blowing up an alternate dimension's Earth, killing billions of people, but the way the scene played out was just hilarious. His emotions in general are acted oddly.
- The cast of Team Fortress 2, in one way or another. The Heavy, Soldier, and Demoman are the biggest ones, but they all have their moments. The Medic has a large number of voice lines that just consist of laughter, ranging from disturbingly happy giggling to mean chuckles to completely bonkers crazy laughter. (Not to mention his amazing scenery-chewing as a Mad Scientist in the official Meet the Medic video.)Heavy: Doctor! Are you sure this will work?Medic: Hahaha...I HAFF NO IDEA!
Sniper: (dominating a Spy) I! WIN! YA BLOODY, BACKSTABBIN' FRAUD!Spy: (dominating a Sniper) HAHAHAHA! YOU LIVE IN A VAN! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
- The Sniper and Spy are the most reserved, but appropriately hammy moments can mostly be found in some of their domination/revenge lines.
- The fan made mod known as Versus Saxton Hale Mode pits a team of players versus Mann Co.'s CEO, Testosterone Poisoning incarnate Memetic Badass Saxton Hale. The latest version of the mod now includes voice responses for Saxton Hale, and true to form they are full of delicious ham.
- Merasmus the Magician is pretty hammy too.Merasmus: DOOM! All of you are doomed!
Medic: "I HAFF SO MUCH POWER!""I am coming for you, vizard!""Oh ho hoh! I have been in zhe wrong profession. I must learn zhis magic!"
- The same Spectral Halloween Scream Fortress 2012 event that brought us Merasmus also added a lot of new voice lines to several classes (only triggered when on the event map Ghost Fort), of which the Medic's new voice lines (coupled with his fake German accent) are especially noteworthy.
- The Heavy: " DON'T RUN! IT'S JUST HAM!"
- The Demoman lets his Scottish ham out for all to see and fear in his intro video."SO! To all you fine dandies, so proud, so cock-sure, prancin' aboot with yer heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me, I say! I'll be waitin' on ya with a whiff o' the ol' Brimstone! I'M A GRIM BLOODY FABLE...WITH AN UNHAPPY BLOODY END! [Detonates stickies, as well as the entire BLU team with them.] Oh, they're gon'ta haf'ta glue you back together...IN HELL!"
- Jak and Daxter has a bunch. Samos; Erol after he develops Omnicidal Mania; Baron Praxis (IF THE CITY MUST DIE, THEN WE ALL DIE!!!), and several minor characters, especially the fisherman in the first game.
- Ratchet & Clank loves this trope. With a villain named Doctor Nefarious, is there any other way it could go?"This is your home. The Great Clock! A marvel of science and sorcery, in the EXACT! CENTER! OF THE UNIVERSE!!!! Give or take 50 feet."
- While fairly mild compared to Doctor Nefarious, Lord Vorselon in A Crack in Time has his moments as well.
- Captain Quark's dialogue is made to be done this way. Whenever he isn't being either clueless or cowardly, he's being overly dramatic.
- Father Grigori from Half-Life 2. The last survivor of Ravenholm, he is a psychotic priest with a shotgun. Half his lines are shouted from rooftops, followed by an unnervingly Evil Laugh. He appears in only one chapter, yet is one of the most memorable things about the game.
- Natla in Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Underworld.
- I AM NICTUS!
- For the record, the above is rendered purely through text, font, and Going Through the Motions.
- Wild ARMs 4. Lambda is particularly hammy, breaking into Manly Tears while monologing about Filgaia's future on more then one occasion.
- Crasher Wake, the pro wrestler-themed Gym Leader of Pastoria City in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl games.
- "I'm absolutely perfect. I AM PERFECTION!"
- Loudred in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers. It's just the way his species is, though.
"YOU DARE TO DISTORT SPACE? WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!?"
- Palkia as well, WHO SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS.
- Brycen in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 when he's onscreen at Pokéwood/Pokéstar as Brycen Man.
- The announcer in Pokémon Battle Revolution gets into this a lot, especially when you pull off a OHKO.
- "JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN DEALT!"
- "RIPPED BY ROAR OF TIME!"
- "TORN APART BY SPACIAL REND!"
- "*Insert Pokémon here* is barely hanging on!"
- The announcer in the original Pokémon Stadium was no slouch in this department, either.
- OH! Its EE-kans!
- TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!
- RIDE THAT SURF!
- IS IT DOWN AND OUT?!
- WOW! Going down!
- Thanatos in Kid Icarus: Uprising. This is even lampshaded in the English version due to a translation error in the original game which called him "Tanatos". He says that the new "h" is for "hamazing!"
What?! I can't hear you over all this awesome!
- Thanatos is easily out-hammed by Pyrrhon, a self-proclaimed god of the sun who talks like a really cheesy superhero and loves to boast.
- Pit's dialogue in just about all of the intros to the boss fights are almost certainly parodies of this type of thing.
- "My name is..." "JAGUAAAAAR!" "I am the voice of truth!"
- From Big Bang Beat: "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODO" "DAIGO EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE"
- Though the villains in the first F.E.A.R. game are fairly low-key, Project Origin has Colonel Richard Vanek, who is physically incapable of not screaming at everyone around him, even when he's talking quietly. Just look at some of his lines, and remember every single one of them is being screamed at the top of his lungs by an extremely irate general officer:"I DON'T CARE IF ITS KING TUT! YOU FUCKING KILL THEM!""ANY AND ALL FUCK-UPS, GET BACK TO ADMIN! WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS!""WHY IS THAT FUCKING SOLDIER STILL ALIVE? SOMEBODY JUST FUCKING SHOOT HIM ALREADY!"
- In FEAR 3, Paxton Fettel starts heading into hammy territory once he gets pissed. Peter Laurie really had fun hamming up some of Fettel's most unstable moments, especially his Evil Laughter.
- .hack//GU has Haseo who can get pretty hammy, as can Piros the 3rd and Sakaki.
- "Are you ok? BUSTAAAAAAAAH WOOOOOOOLF!"
- Every Glukkon in Oddworld.
- "Disengage Operation Lightning Bolt!"
- "PUUUUUMP IT UP!"
- Director Phleg, with his numerous mood swings and outbursts, is probably the definition of Glukkon hamminess.
- Alex Mercer channels several hundred pounds of long pork during one mission in [PROTOTYPE]. He must have eaten BRIAN BLESSED at some point.
- NOTHING WILL YOU PROTECT YOU FROM ME! NOT MEN! NOT WEAPONS! NOT ARMOR!
- NO ONE CAN PROTECT YOU FROM ME!
- DIG IN! LIKE THAT'S GONNA MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!
- KEEP RUNNING, YOU BASTARD!
- TAGGART! YOU SUICIDAL MORON!
- White Knight Leo from Lunar: Eternal Blue."I AM NOT WHITE KNIGHT LEO! I AM THE AMAZING MYSTERE!!! PROTECTOR OF THE INNOCENT AND... uh... DEFENDER OF... TRUTH!!!"
"Not "Ghaleon", dear Quark! MAGIC EMPEROR GHALEON!!!"
- Ghaleon from Lunar: The Silver Star and its remakes and sequels count as well. Especially the first remake.
- Doctor Neo Cortex and Doctor Nitrus Brio are especially hammy in the Radical Entertainment era of the Crash Bandicoot series.Cortex: And I shall call this robot... THE DOOMINATOR!!
Cortex: I promise. From now on, I'll be more rancid! More villainous! More horrible! HORRIBLE!!
Brio: I... was in... the first... GAAAAAAAME!!
Brio: Strike him with your large man-hand!
"AAAALLLL FOR NNNNIIINNNAAA!!!!"
- Also Doctor Nefarious Tropy, particularly in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.Tropy: "Now you're on my time, you little Skunk! Give me the crystals!"
- Most of the minions in Crash Of The Titans and Mind Over Mutant are hammy, but the Bratgirls are especially hammy.
- Also Doctor Nefarious Tropy, particularly in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.
- Regulus of Demigod has a few gems.
- I came from Heaven, to send them to hell!
- Many DanceDanceRevolution announcers, particularly the one from DDR MAX through ''Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA2:"LET'S MAX!"
"That was so fantastic...I was almost dazzled! Can't stop crying...buckets of tears!"
"OH MY GOD!!"
- Super Macho Man from Punch-Out!! (Wii): "Are you READY? Cause I'm gonna put on a SHOW!" (Flexes chest at the camera and winks, then turns round and flexes ass.)
- The narrators of two Age of Empires II campaigns, William Wallace ("Build ten more... woooooaaaaad rrrraiderrrs!") and Genghis Khan ("The great Khan. GENGHIS KHAN!").
- Fawful from Mario & Luigi, although mainly Bowser's Inside Story. He's already got the over the top opinion of himself, but a villain that talks in Zero Wing style Engrish, treats everything like a show and shouts his lines in bold text? Large Ham indeed.
- And Bowser himself would like to remind you that he's HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!
- The creator/narrator/main character of Fruit Mystery is very much this.
- "CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH! THOSE CORN CHIPS are like ating baby people says the alligator, 'very nice'"
- When you manage to out-Ham the player character, and the player character is voiced by Bruce Campbell, you know you've arrived. So it goes with the delightfully batshit Baron Hajod from Tachyon: The Fringe. SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVESSSS!!! Culminates in the mission where he tries to steal the Sistine Chapel ceiling.''I will not turn over this pretty ceiling, it is mine now! MINE MINE MINE! You will die for such a flagrant intrusion!
- Harbinger from Mass Effect 2. Guy loves the sound of his own voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f9PKIEAKX0
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
- ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. , WE ARE HARBINGER. and a multitude of other synthetic(but no less porcine) declarations will fill your eardrums whenever you fight the Collectors.
- The bone-rattling ham hocks of Sovereign.
- Once he loses his cool, he firmly sinks his giant metal tentacles into the scenery, and refuses to let go until you blast him off it.
- I AM SOVEREIGN, AND THIS STATION IS MINE!
- Foolish lesser creatures! No mention of Niftu Cal, BIOTIC GOD? He shall be included here, for He is biotics made HAM! Fear Him! but first, He needs to take a nap...
- He'll destroy the universe later.
- Saren:Shepard: I'd rather die than live like that!Saren: Then you will die. And your companions. Everyone you know and love. Everyone you've ever met. Don't you understand? You will all DIE!!!
- Renegade Shepard. Primarily Male Renegade Shepard as Female Shepard is a bit more subtle.
- The duel between Morinth and Samara comes across as Ham-to-Ham Combat.
- That one krogan in Mordin's mission, who talks too much.
- If you take the Renegade interrupt in Kasumi's loyalty mission: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! KILL THEM!" Of course, Donovan Hock is generally extremely over-the-top, probably to show off his allegedly Afrikaans accent, but that's the point where he jettisons his limited supply of self-control and dives enthusiastically into a large vat of overacting.
- Our influence stopped the rachni, but before that, we held the line! Our influence stopped the Krogan, but before that, we held the line. Our influence WILL stop Saren! In the battle today, we will HOLD THE LINE!
- Prefer to get job done and go home, personally.
- Ambassador Udina has elements of this in the first Mass Effect, with all his bravado and rolled r's.
- Some of Grunt's combat dialogue is very hammy. "I! AM! KROGAN!" Indeed you are, Grunt.
- Atlas ("Goddam Sploicers!") from BioShock is a Guinness-infused Ham of impressive proportions. He's not much less hammy as Fontaine, either, though he does get to switch up the accent.
- And what about Andrew Ryan's hammy lines near the end of Hephaestus?AND A TIIIME, TO DESTROOOOOOYY!!!You can taste it, can't you? ANDREW RYAN!
- Sander Cohen beats both men in terms of ham. And that's not counting the moments when his temper flares up.
- Saltonstall spends the entire time in the BioShock Infinite trailer being hammy.WHO ARE YOU?! AN ASSASSIN!!! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLEEEEEESSS! ATTEND!!!
- From the same game, Motorized Patriots. All of them."The Lord judges. I ACT."
- From the same game, Motorized Patriots. All of them.
- And we've got Cornelius Slate."IT WAS SLATE WHO KILLED FOR HIS COUNTRY AT WOUNDED KNEE! IT WAS SLATE WHO PUT THE TORCH TO PEKING!! SLAAAAAATE!!!"
- Uh, Doctor Steinman, anybody? This line is full of Narm:"What's this, Goddess? ...An intruder! He is ugly! UGLY! UGLY! UUUUUGGGGGGGLLLLLYYYYYY!!!"
- And what about Andrew Ryan's hammy lines near the end of Hephaestus?
- Eternal Sonata contains ham, ham, and more ham. Everyone gets involved, including the kids. The overacting fits well with the game's overall surrealism.
- Perhaps the most jarring is when Falsetto returns to the group.
- THREEEEEE DAAAAAAWWWWWWGG!! HELLOOOO, CAPITAL WASTELAND!! HOW'S EVERYONE DOIN?
- Also in Fallout, Dr. Borous from the Old World Blues DLC is ham incarnate. "The LOBOTOMITE UNDERSTANDS US!!"
- Near enough everyone in Old World Blues counts, such as Dr Mobius and Dr Klein. Special mention goes to the Toaster: "Tremble, world, before my heating coil of doom!"
- The Dark Savant in Wizardry 8. One wonders how he can chew the scenery through that humungous helmet.
- Steven the grocery manager from Dead Rising. THIS IS MY STORE!!! At one point he hams it up so loudly that the screen rattles.
- Viewtiful Joe had quite a few characters, but one in particular stands out amo-
- DAAAAAAAVIDSON IS IN THE HOUUUUUUSE! HULK DAVIDSON IS BOOOORN TO BE WIIIIIILLLLD!
- Dragon Age: Origins' Loghain Mac Tir. STAND WITH HIM AND WE SHALL DEFEAT EVEN THE BLIGHT ITSELF!!!
"The Prophetess Andraste has OVERCOME DEATH ITSELF and has RETURNED to her faithful in a form more RADIANT than you can imagine! Not even the Tevinter Imperium could hope to slay her now! What hope do YOU have?"
- Loghain is a lightweight compared to Uldred from the Circle of Magi. Ham oozes from his every sentence."Ah ... look what we have here. An intruder. I bid you welcome. Care to join in our revels?""RESISTANCE! EVERYWHERE I GO, RESISTANCE!""You are a thorn in my side, and I will remove you before you fester!""Killing you would be a waste! Your raw potential combined with the strength of a demon would make you UNSTOPPABLE!""FIGHT if you must! It will only make my victory all the SWEETER."
- Kolgrim, the leader of the crazy dragon cult.
- While still possessed by a demon, Connor shows off a bit of ham."Ever since you sent the knights away, you do nothing but deprive me of my fun! Frankly, it's getting dull. I crave EXCITEMENT! And ACTION!"
- Loghain is a lightweight compared to Uldred from the Circle of Magi. Ham oozes from his every sentence.
- Dragon Age II had a lot of Evil Is Hammy, most of its Large Ham characters are bad guys.
- Flemeth is a textbook One-Scene Wonder, she has precisely two scenes in the entirety of Dragon Age II but both are filled with classic cryptic fantasy advice delivered in a wonderfully scenery-chewing sort of way.
- Knight-Commander Merideth, especially during her Villainous Breakdown at the end.
- Varric seems to be a kind of information broker but seems to make a living primarily from writing adventure novels. The entire game is told in four long flashbacks he tells to his interrogator, and at some points he really goes overboard with his artistic license. Instead of having it narrated, you actually play the scenes which are hilariously over the top.
- Anders's combat chatter is delicious ham. "MY MAGIC WILL DESTROY YOU!"
- The Black Emporium DLC gives you the titular shop's proprietor, Xenon the Antiquarian, who combines this trope with speaking like William Shatner."Don't... MAN-handle the uuuurrrchin! He's not... for sale... FIND YOUR OWN!"
- Dragon Age: Inquisition continues the trend of hammy villains with The Elder One/Corypheus who, in his Establishing Character Moment, destroys Heaven and goes one epic Motive Rant.The Elder One: I once breached the Fade in the name of another, to serve the Old Gods of the Empire in person. I found only chaos and corruption, dead whispers. For a thousand years, I was confused. No more! I have gathered the will to return under no name but my own, to champion withered Tevinter, and correct this blighted world. Beg that I succeed, for I have seen the throne of the gods, and it was empty!
- Sims may not have dramatic pronunciations, but they are far more hammy than the average human being they're supposed to simulate. This is an aspect of gameplay - it's a lot easier to know that a Sim is hungry or angry when they dramatically moan and rub their belly or shake their fists while screaming.
- Wario's hammiest portrayal has probably got to be in Wario World. Just hearing his loud laugh or his many quotes throughout the game will make you want to hug Charles Martinet for giving him such a huge and admirable ego!"GET OUTTA HERE!""I'M-A NUMBER ONE!""HAVE A ROTTEN DAY!""EXCELLENT!!""HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
- Jade Empire has a surprisingly understated - for a Bioware game - Big Bad, but Emperor Sun Hai loves his pork, as does the requisite Sociopathic Hero, Black Whirlwind.
- Sacrifice is a World of Ham. The gods are extremely hammy. So are the wizards. So are the units. Sadly, the main narrator is not.
- In Myst: "BRING ME! BLUE PAGES!"
- Achenar gets even hammier if you free him.
- Saavedro, too. "No. No. Idiot. *cue the ham* NO! NO NO NO!"
- Church Guy seems to be enjoying himself more than can possibly be healthy. DING DONG, DING DONG!
- Teisel Bonne from Mega Man Legends isn't in here yet? For shame.Teisel Bonne: I said... CLOOOOSE the HAAAATCH!!!
- Alone in the Dark (2008): "I'm the LIGHT BRINGER! I'M THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!!!"
Arsene: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent! Hahahaha!
- The Shadow bosses of Persona 4 are, as a general rule, far hammier than the people they're a Shadow of. For example, Shadow Naoto. "Why DELUDE yourself?! I AM YOU!" Doubles as Fridge Logic when you understand the psychology behind the Shadows. They represent the repressed id, the basic impulsive mind overridden by self-control, discipline and denial by the superego. They have literally no self-control. This is especially true of the Yamato Nadeshiko Yukiko, whose mild demeanour hides a bitter resentment at being held back and having fate decided for her, and her desire for freedom.
- Continued in Persona 5, with Shadows and now Personas as well all acting completely over the top, due to representing their human selves' hidden emotions. For instance, the seemingly mild-mannered main character's Guardian Entity / "other self", Arsene:
- There's plenty of great examples from Shin Megami Tensei (Persona's parent franchise):Albion: LINE UP THE FLEET!
- This is in games with no voice acting.
- Then voice acting does get involved, in Shin Megami Tensei IV, which features Mido, the large talking voxel head in charge of Demon Fusion."WELLLLLLLCOME, TO THE CATHEEEEDRAL OF SHADOWS, WHERE DEMONS GATHER!"
"GATHERRRR DEMONS, AND COME AGAIN!"
- The witch Adria from Diablo has no body language, but all her lines are chock full of portentous pseudo-wisdom, and delivered in a thunderous, over-dramatic voice.
- Everybody in Diablo is that way. Diablo 2 toned it down significantly for the players and friendly NPCs, but the bosses are just as dramatic as ever.
- And in Diablo III, most everyone you meet likes to ham it up. Especially Diablo himself as the Prime Evil.
- "YOU CANNOT JUDGE ME, I AM JUSTICE ITSELF!!"
- "WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!"
- "Drown in the sea of imaginary numbers!"
- "SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!"
- Joe Chin from Parappa The Rapper. "Hi!"
- High Max from Mega Man X6. Though he got only a few lines of dialogue and even they are not voiced, his amazing Boss Banter by NORIO WAKAMOTO makes him more than just a filler character he is. MUNDA DA
- In RuneScape, Kal'Gerion and any of his generals.
- Caterina Sforza from Assassin's Creed II, especially during this scene (skip to 7:35 for the good stuff). Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon doesn't begin to cover it. And the fact that it's Truth in Television only makes it better!
- Every civilian is a ham, especially after seeing you kill a guard or stealing money from a corpse.
- "In a World without Ham, We might have been Heroes!"
- Henry Stauf of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour. Evil Is Hammy indeed.
- WAAARP ZOOOOOOOOOOONE!
- Almost every line from almost every character in X-Men: Next Dimension.
- Magneto, Master of Magnet. X-MEN, WELCOME... TO DIE!!!
- "INCOMPLETE??? It's a WONDERFUL INVENTION!!!"
- "NO LONGER will humans be the dominant species! I'M GOING TO CONQUER THE WORLD!!! DON'T try and stop me I'm going to RELENTLESSLY attack WHOMEVER TRIES TO GET IN MY WAY!!!"
- "The Buzz you see here isn't the same old Buzz anymore. HE HAS BEEN REBORN!!!."
- This CASTLE is the most POWERFUL FORTRESS!!!
- "NO LONGER will humans be the dominant species! I'M GOING TO CONQUER THE WORLD!!! DON'T try and stop me I'm going to RELENTLESSLY attack WHOMEVER TRIES TO GET IN MY WAY!!!"
- The opening narrator for Jericho as he describes how the world hangs in the balance over the forces of darkness. Every word positively oozes with theatricality and OVERBLOWN DRAMA! Before long he starts to sound more like a fire and brimstone preacher than a video game narrator.And just remember: If the world is still here tomorrow, now you know why.
- Half the fun of Air Force Delta Strike, is a script which runneth over with ham, much of it coming from in-mission Enemy Chatter. Of particular note are the Stand By missions after you down the random enemy guest star pilots. Who knew there were so many pilots with over-the-top redneck accents and No Indoor Voice?"WHERE'S YER DRIVE, GAW-DAMMIT?!"
- The various announcers of the Unreal Tournament series. The first one is so popular that his voice was ported to other games, so much that some people think he is originally from Counter-Strike.
- In Necroquest Deluxe the dialogue for the villain seems perfectly normal villain fare but the voice actor accidentally went over the top and came out sounding like a large ham. you can see the trailer on youtube.
- Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare: "I'M HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON"
- Star Control features the Black and Green Ur-Quan, brother races that both developed intense, galaxy-conquering ham.
- In Night Trap, the guy playing Lt. Simms is deadly serious and is not above disconnecting your controller if you screw up or don't start the game fast enough.
- Mr. Martin ("THE WALL TRAP! AAAAAAAAAAAH!").
- In Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Luther gets pretty hammy.
- RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL PREVAIL!!
- The Time Gate on Styx is exceptionally hammy. "REEEESIIIIGN THYSELVES! REEESIIIGN THYSELVES!"
- The Mana Khemia games have Flay "Defender of Justice!" "FLAYvor of Evil!" Gunnar. Words cannot express his sheer hammy insanity. His rival Tony Eisler has plenty of moments of his own too, frequently devolving into Angrish and vowing revenge.
- There is a LOT of prime ham in the MK games, especially in Fall of Alchemy. Practically everyone except Razeluxe is a ham at some point, and Chloe even manages to be a monotone Large Ham. Reicher comes in a pretty close third behind Flay and Tony, which is no small feat. It doesn't hurt that he shares a voice actor with Dissidia's Kefka.
- Mortal Kombat
- Shao Kahn, just....Shao Kahn.
- Shang has a few moments as do Cage and the other kombatants, but Shao is easily the biggest ham in the series.
- Several people from Baten Kaitos Origins. Wiseman, Baelheit, and Guillo, just to name a few.
- Milly, at least when she's in battle.
- Shanath. Hilariously enough, he sounds uncannily like Dan McNeely, which makes him a little hard to take seriously.
- Geldoblame in the first game, who chewed up most of Anuenue with just a few lines.
- Gibari, in every incarnation.
- After the Wham Episode in the first game: LOOK AT MY BEEEAAUUUUTIFUUUL WIIINGS!!! I AM COMPLEEEETE!!
- Kaos is this.I SUMMON the DEADLY SHARK BATH OF DOOOOOOMSHARKS!!!
I SUMMON the even DEADLIER SHARK BATH OF DOOOOOOMSHARKS!!!
- And later in the boss fight...
- In the civilization stage of Spore, one mode of conquest is through holy ham.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has Thor's hammy speech which the player can activate at will mid fight.HEED MY WORDS EVIL DOERS! IF THOU WISHETH TO CHALLENGE THE ODIN SON, THOU SHALT FEEL THE WRATH OF MIGHTY MJÖLLNIR! NEVER SHALL THE GOD OF THUNDER RELENT!
- Freedom Force and its sequel: every single superhero AND villain can fall under this trope.
- Even the Mooks are hammy.
- In Dune II's remake Dune 2000, the FMV cutscenes feature fair amounts of ham, the largest of them being the Atreides mentat. Other characters get their fair share as well.
- Shamir Shamazel can be this in the voiced version of King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow. Some of his hamminess in a few scenes (and disguises) has been taken to ridiculous new levels.
- As usual, The Joker is all about ham in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Considering he's voiced by Mark Hamill, who did him in the cartoons and who was also Ozai, it's some of the most delicious hams in the business.
- Asura's Wrath is practically FULL of this considering it's from the guys behind .hack//G.U. Games and can be summed up as Sci-Fi God of War with a Hindu theme, this isn't a surprise. Asura's not even the only ham in the cast here!
- Asura himself is just a barrel of pent up Unstoppable Rage who doesn't seem to have the concept of an indoor voice down pat who will RUIN your day if you touch his daughter Mithra.
- Sergei is a beauty obsessed sociopath voiced by Steve Blum that's one of the more vicious of the seven deities even before they all betray Asura.
- Augus, Asura's former mentor, is a skirt-chasing brute with a BFS that puts Sephiroth's masamune to shame who treats every brawl as the most epic bender ever even as he and Asura fight on the freaking moon.
- Wyzen is a condescending dick who uses mantra to grow to the size of a planet in an effort to give Asura the Fingerpoke Of Doom. And he's the Warmup Boss. It fails.
- The game is an example of Large Ham status.
- killer7 gives us Andrei Ulmeyda of the Cloudman chapter. His monologue says it all. An excerpt:"Have you ever MET the kind of PEOPLE who come to these STACEY CONCERTS? These DUDES have got ENERGY TO SPARE! We're talking GUYS WHO BEAT OFF FOUR TIMES A DAY!"
- The Blaster Series has a few, notably the old man from Math Blaster Ages 9-12.
- From the same game, the Terrible Monkey King.
- Also, Dr. Minus from Math Blaster Episode 2: Secret of the Lost City.
- The Secret World has a dungeon called the Ankh, in which the resident Mad Scientist goes on about how he has "No words! No words!" in response to the party's actions.
- Master Contra in Neo Contra. Loud voice, Evil Laugh, Hannibal Lectures, you name it. He's even voiced by Steve Blum! Check out this quote below if you know what I mean.
- Fossil Fighters gives us the masked fighter Saurhead. At one point in the game, you have to challenge him for his mask.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic gives us a canned ham in Darth Baras, who while mostly responding to your optional snark with dry deadpan or mild exasperation, has one scene where he loses his temper so spectacularly that it's achieved meme status.
Sith Inquisitor: I want robes of SOLID GOLD!
- The various classes all have an opportunity to act like this, but the crown has to go to the Sith Inquisitor, especially the male one. Being Crazy Is Cool probably has something to do with it.
- Though it's only in text, we can get the idea that OFF's Enoch is one Big Bacon indeed."Yaaaahahaha!!! In the shadow of death valley you shall fear the apostle of darkness!"
- Looking at you, O'Chunks. Even more so when for one of the battles he gets brainwashed by Dimentio and turns into O'Cabbage.
- Lashiec/Lassic from Phantasy Star IV was amusingly hammy for a Zombie King Sorceror.
- Ether Vapor has the Scene 2 boss, Daniel Pachelbel. Introduces himself to Luca by saying that Luca has picked a fight with Chaldea, the world's MIGHTIEST nation! Preaches dramatically about trying to come to an understanding with his enemies. When Luca calls him "baldy", Daniel calls him out for his act of PERSONAL OPPRESSION! before opening fire on him.
- In Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey, like most Disney villains, Zara is this.
- In Undertale, Undyne is very much this trope. Having taken inspiration from the anime and manga Alphys found in the garbage dump, she does everything with burning passion.Undyne: No. You know what? SCREW IT! WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU THAT STORY WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE!?! NGAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- Story of the Blanks pulls it off despite the dialogue being written rather than spoken. Apple Bloom sees Ruby's remains in the fireplace, and she is visibly disturbed.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft has its fair share of hams, but considering the cards you play range from Badass Normals to Elemental Embodiment lords to Big Red Devil Demonic Invaders to Dragon Aspects, this is all par the course for anything set in the Warcraft universe.
YOU FACE JARAXXUS! EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!
- Special mention to one of the Warlock Legendary cards, who replaces Gul'dan and announces his presence in the most gloriously hamtastic manner.
- Rune Factory 4 gives us Volkanon, the extremely hammy butler, and his charge Vishnal, the extremely hammy butler-in-training.
- While there is a lot of overacting in Namco High, at least insofar as there are lots of capitalised words, the main sources of EXTREME EMPHASIS would be Richard Miller, Tomari, Al B. Tross and Principal Dig Dug.
- All of Grau's followers (though not Grau himself) and Xorn are this trope in Grandia III, shouting nearly everything they say in as dramatic a manner as possible. Cases in point:Kornell: No one calls me a PEABRAAAIIIINNNNN!!!!!Violetta: Think I'm a bad girl? Maybe THESE will make it sting, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!La Ilim: My power is eternal, HAH!Emelious: The pain, the suffering, it'll all be OVER!!!Xorn: ALL LOVE MUST PERRRIIISSSHHH!
- The Super Mario World hack Super Mario Infinity 2 brings us the memorable Black Plague and his infamous "WHO DARES TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?". Made much more hilarious if you listen to raocow voice acting to the whole thing.
- Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting has Larry Lerpis, aka "The Savage Romeo," who sports the most ludicrous outfit in pro wrestling history and constantly speaks in his idea of Shakespearean English, making ridiculous boasts and praising himself to the skies.
- Raccoon of A Very Long Rope to the Top of the Sky, after he becomes a Straw Nihilist. He's actually quite emotionless and soft-spoken, but his lines manage to be amazingly over-the-top regardless:
- "For a long time, I've thought about killing myself. [...] Existing tortures me, but how can I face not existing? You see, I've been bouncing back and forth between those two thoughts for trillions of years. Which is worse: the pain of existing or the pain of not existing? One is a pain I know, the other a pain I do not."
- "Life...death...they mean nothing to me anymore. If you don't fight, I will remove you from existence!"
- "What's this? I can feel my heart beating for the first time in an eternity... Why does my body still cling to life? Can't it see the pointlessness of it all?"
- "Raccoon? I have no name. I am nothing." [transforms into "The Nameless"] "I don't know why I cling to life. But I can't stop. Please. Eradicate me."
- Discworld Noir: In-game actor Privetier is a huge ham, much to Lewton's displeasure.
- Fallen London: The Bishop of Southwark manages this even in a text-based medium (doubly so, as even his letters are hammy as hell), combining mannerisms from a Fire-and-Brimstone preacher with those of a Drill Sergeant Nasty. People in the first rows of his lectures tend to be covered in spittle.Do you know who I am? I am the Bishop of Southwark, and you pitiable sinners had better listen!
- Razing Storm is what happens when you take Time Crisis spinoff Crisis Zone and give the entire cast the acting of a a gung-ho military heroes movie. Your comrades scream whenever one of your own is downed or encounter the enemies' latest mechs, and shower you in praises whenever you're playing very well.
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard: Several of the Allied Soldiers, especially the Bazooka Operator.
- Alright charge is set, GET CLEAR!
- MOVE, GET OUT OF HERE!
- Get me down, CUT ME DOWN FROM HERE, HURRY I HEAR MORE GERMANS NEARBY!
- GERMANS, TWO OF THEM, BEHIND THAT OLD TREE!
- YOU GOT THAT BAZOOKA PIECE, YOU'LL NEEEEEEEEED IT!
- I bet you can't spot it from the air! SNEAKY KRAUTS!
- JESUS CHRIST IT'S A TIGER TANK!
- IV'E GOT THAT BAZOOKA!
- SHUT UP AND HELP ME GET THIS BAZOOKA READY!
- Ōkami: Susano, the self-proclaimed 'greatest warrior ever' and descendant of the hero Nagi. Nagi, while a bit more disciplined than Susano, can get pretty hammy too.
- The Dung Defender in Hollow Knight introduces his fight with a bellow of "BAAAAA HUNDAAAAAAA" and "talks" constantly during the boss battle, showing a particular affection for "DOMA! Doma doma doma!", which appears to translate as "I'm having a wonderful time throwing all this shit at you".
- In the DLC, Grimm looks like an insect version of Dracula, spends his time making Dramatic Proclamations, and his boss fight has some pretty bombastic musical accompaniment.
- One_Wing from BoxxyQuest: The Gathering Storm is what happens when a stereotypical forum troll gains ultimate power and has a mental breakdown at the exact same time. He only gets one scene to chew the scenery, but by god, he devours it.
- Warframe has a few Space Hams:
- The incredibly loud, incredibly homicidal, and incredibly memetic Councilor Vay Hek, a Grineer propagandist and total loony suffering from Clone Degradation, has by far some of the most over-the-top lines in the game, including one particularly memorable threat to personally throw the Lotus into the sun.
- On the Corpus side, the biggest and most expensive ham is probably Nef Anyo, antagonist of the Fortuna arc. An incompetent vulture capitalist, pompous fop, and religious explotationist, Nef is not above making some proudly blustery (and yet somehow still whiny and pathetic) statements over the Fortuna PA system.
- Let's not forget Captain Vor, who gets some truly long winded and melodramatic lines, most notably his speech about the Tenno after his Corruption by his prized Void Key completely consumes him. This is a man who can canonically spend upwards of a minute continuing his Purple Prose-heavy monologues after being bisected at the waist.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge has The Flying Dutchman as a boss fight where just like the show he bellows out his lines with gusto:"BET YOUR LILY WHITE LIVERS, I AM THE FLYING DUTCHMAN!!""I AM GOING TO STEAL YOUR SOUL!!""BWAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA!!"
- The biggest ham in Fallout 2 has to be Sergeant Arch Dornan:"Don't have any? You expect me to believe that, MAGGOT? The truth is, you've lost an expensive piece of army-issue equipment! That suit is gonna come out of your pay. AND YOU WILL REMAIN IN THIS MAN'S ARMY UNTIL YOU ARE (inhale) FIVE HUNDRED AND TEN YEARS OLD, WHICH IS THE NUMBER OF YEARS IT WILL TAKE FOR YOU TO PAY FOR THE MARK 2 POWERED COMBAT ARMOR YOU HAVE LOST! REPORT TO THE ARMORY AND HAVE A NEW SUIT ISSUED TO YOU, THEN REPORT BACK TO ME, PRIVATE! DISMISSED!""YOU MO-ROOOOOOOOOON! YOU ARE NOT TO QUESTION MY ORDERS! WHEN I SAY JUMP, YOU JUMP! WHEN I SAY FIGHT, YOU FIGHT! WHEN I TELL YOU TO DIE FOR YOUR COUNTRY, THEN YOU WILL CERTAINLY DIE! AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR?!""If I like you, you can call me Sarge. But guess what? I DON'T LIKE YOU! DO YOU UNDERSTAAAND?!"
- Wilder from Video Game/50CentBloodOnTheSand definitely qualifies, especially during the boss fight."I WILL MOUNT YOUR SEVERED HEAD ON MY GATEPOST!"