- In the first Higurashi visual novel, Onikakushi, after the main story there is an extra section where the character are talking about who they think is causing the murders. When wondering why Keichi isn't there with them, Rika explains "he doesn't have a character picture."
- In the third case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations, when Phoenix meets his supposed Evil Twin, he remarks that the two of them look and act nothing alike.
Edgeworth: Please stop presenting random evidence just to see how that person will react.
- For clarification, Phoenix has been told he lost a case by several characters, with what was apparently the most miserable defense any of them have ever seen. His supposed Evil Twin was the one who lost the case pretending to be him. None of them ever realized he wasn't Phoenix.
- In the first case of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Apollo lets out a very loud "OBJECTION!", and promptly gets scolded by the judge and his mentor Kristoph: "Excess yelling can damage the judge's ears... and our case."
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth features a point in the final case in which, just as the true Big Bad looks like he's won, some one shouts out "HOLD IT!". After some dramatic close ups of everyone's shock faces and a tense silence as you wait to see who the Big Damn Hero is, it turns out that the one who saved the day is!...Some random forensic officer who has no name, profile or any relevance to anything at all...
- In case three of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies presenting your badge to Apollo will have him note that Phoenix told him to present his badge to every new person he meets.
- The game likes making fun of the ability to present random evidence to people, which sometimes has funny reactions. Do it to Phoenix in Case 3 and he will tell you that it is ridiculous (to which Athena notes the irony). Apollo also has a reaction in case 3; he says it is a vital step to been a defence lawyer even though it can be annoying or embarrassing.
- And in Case 5 you can do it to Edgeworth too who has this gem.
- Da Capo: "You call me 'oniichan' but we're in love. That kind of thing normally only happens in erotic games."
Lampshade Hanging / Visual Novel