Kamen Rider Chronicle is the crossover love of Super Smash Bros., the addictiveness and MMO aspect of World of Warcraft, and the immersion and brutal early difficulty of Monster Hunter all wrapped up into one game. It's a celebration of the greatest games of Genm Corporation's library to be beaten in the real world with a revolutionary evolution from VR.
Although extremely popular in Japan and beloved by many of Genm Corp's fans, it has come under controversy for perceived health risks from the Ministry of Health and CR as well as the practices of the CEOs which the game has been handed management by multiple times. The game was cancelled in late 2017 after the untimely death of Genm Corp CEO Masamune Dan and no plans are in motion to revive it. However, in early 2018, former company CEO Kuroto Dan unexpectedly released a Spiritual Successor game, Zombie Chronicle, unannounced and much to everyone's surprise. This game was discontinued shortly afterwards due to poor reception.
Tropes applying to the game:
- Early Game Hell: The beginning of the game is the easiest part... but that does not mean it's easy.
- The Enemy Weapons Are Better: You want weapons that aren't weak? You'll want to take the Gashats from the Kamen Riders. Unfortunately, they're quite hard to come upon.
- Expansion Pack: One was planned for release which added new areas, bosses, weapons, cameos and a new story mode and raised the level cap from 99 to 100. But the game was never finished, so plans for its release were scrapped.
- Exposition Fairy: Poppy Pipopapo, the mascot of DoReMiFa Beat.
- Fake Difficulty: The game is hard for many new players, but mostly because of how little power you're going to have to beat any enemies at all.
- Fake Longevity: It's possible to get your stats up to the point that you can fight off the Bugsters, but if you want those, you'll have to spend a long time grinding on mooks. Only the legendary Genius Gamer N has been able to have that much dedication in grinding to that level.
- Final Boss: Gamedeus...apparently. Word Of God says that he only comes when all the bosses are beaten, which is far from easy.
- Infinity +1 Sword: Kamen Rider Cronus is the most powerful tool in the game and the only thing that can be used to fight Gamedeus. Though, once again, it's simply Word Of God and nearly impossible to unlock.
- Metal Slime: The "Kamen Rider" enemies, which were much more difficult to fight than the Bugsters but dropped Gashats which could be used to obtain stronger gear.
- Nintendo Hard: You're not getting through this game easily. It was intended to last a long time and it shows.
- One-Hit Kill: Para-DX has multiple ways of killing you in one shot. The Critical Combo, Critical Smash, and Critical Finish are just a few of his attacks capable of this level of power.
- Swiss-Army Weapon: All players start out with a sword and gun combo weapon called a Ride Weapon, but even if one takes the double range aspect into consideration, it's still a pretty terrible weapon.