Garfield and the Equestria Girls is a multimovie franchise, all directed by one Christopher Spielberg. The films are about Garfield, his friends, and their adventures with the Humane Seven. Starting with the second film in the series, other characters would join them on their adventures. Later, Christopher Spielberg would go on to create spinoffs featuring these characters.
Actually, it's a series of Pooh's Adventures-esque fanfics written by a Fanfiction.net user named Christopher Spielberg, but he treats it like a movie series, even pointing out when a film is shot in 3D or IMAX. Or both. They can be found here.
Films in the series so far:
- Garfield Meets the Equestria Girls: The film that started it all. Garfield and his friends accompany Twilight Sparkle to the human world to retrieve her crown. Shenanigans ensue.
- Garfield and the Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks: Taking place after the first film, Twilight, Garfield, and Garfield's friends return to the human world to assist against a trio of sirens, and they end up making new friends along the way. Franchises used include: Ever After High, Winx Club, and Peanuts.
- Garfield and the Equestria Girls 3: Friendship Games part 1 and 2: During the Friendship Games, Garfield and his friends must once again combat the forces of evil — including Twilight's human counterpart, a purple dog who wants to use a golden gauntlet to take over the world, and giant alien video game characters. Franchises used include the previous ones, plus Tomorrowland, Descendants, Littlest Pet Shop (2012), Frozen, and Monster High.
- Garfield and the Equestria Girls 4: Legend of Everfree parts 1 and 2: At the beginning of summer, Garfield and his friends head to Camp Everfree for some time off from all the magical hijinks — until the girls start exhibiting strange powers and the Garfield characters keep gaining the characteristics of Marvel superheroes. Oh, and did we mention the alien invasion? Also, the Star Darlings and a bunch of YouTubers join the cast.
- Garfield's Adventures of Descendants: After the events of Rainbow Rocks, Garfield and his non-MLP friends land in Auradon, and end up helping villain kids choose the side of good. Also, Charlie Brown and Selina turn into a T-Rex and a Velociraptor, respectively in order to fight Dragon!Maleficent. It's just as awesome as it sounds.
- Linus Reads Goosebumps: During the events of the third film, Linus, Stella, Daphne, Lizzie, Holly, and Audrey get sent to Madison, Delaware and end up fighting fictional monsters come to life. Incomplete.
- Charlie Meets The Princess And The Frog: Post-Friendship Games, Charlie Brown and Selina go to New Orleans, meet up with Linus and Flora, and help a pair of humans-turned-frogs try and become human again. Also, Charlie Brown becomes Deadpool.
- Tecna Meets Osmosis Jones: Post-Friendship Games, Tecna and Lorna McNessie find themselves in the body of a human named Frank, and help Osmosis Jones and Drix stop the evil virus Thrax. Incomplete.
- Poppy Joins Big Hero 6: Post-Friendship Games, Poppy, Cupid, and four of their friends head to San Fransokyo, meeting Hiro and Baymax and teaming up with them to stop a villain from destroying the city. Incomplete.
- Sage and The Road To El Dorado: In a dream Sage and her friends have during film four, the Star Darlings join Tulio and Miguel on their journey. Incomplete.
- Star Descendants: Wicked World: Post-Legend of Everfree. It's Wicked World, but with STAR DARLINGS CHARACTERS INCLUDED! Incomplete.
Garfield and the Equestria Girls contains examples of:
- Back from the Dead: The Shadowbolts end up surviving their pixelization.
- Big Bad: One for each film; the first film has Sunset Shimmer, the second film has the Dazzlings, the third film has Principal Cinch and Thadog, and the fourth film has Gaia Everfree/Gloriosa Daisy.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Done quite a bit, to the point that there barely is a fourth wall.
- Creator Cameo: Christopher Spielberg makes appearances in the blooper reels for the third and fourth movies, as well as a few in the fourth movie itself.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The climax of Garfield's Adventures of Descendants has Charlie Brown and Selina turn into a T-Rex and Velociraptor, respectively, not to mention that Dragon!Maleficent's roars sound like those of an Indominus Rex. Said forms are used again to combat the villainous video game characters in the third film.
- Interspecies Romance: Probably the most notable example is Roxy, a human/fairy hybrid, and Snoopy, a beagle.
- Man Behind the Man: Thadog, for the Dazzlings.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover
- Official Couple: Jon and Liz, Garfield and Arlene, Charlie Brown and Selina, Snoopy and Roxy, Poppy and Cupid, the list goes on.
- Reality Ensues: In the fourth film, the people of a nearby town do notice something suspicious is going on at Camp Everfree (specifically when Gloriosa Daisy goes psycho and a bunch of aliens attack), and it's only thanks to Faybelle Thorn that they don't investigate.
- Reference Overdosed: Heres a tip: if you value your life, do NOT make a Drinking Game out of how many references are crammed into each movie. You will die before you finish the series.