- In Winter War, Ise Nanao describes Aizen as "Something of a control obsessive. The sort of person who has to have everything exactly as planned, precisely as organised, every detail under their control... why are you looking at me like that?"
Calvin and Hobbes
- In Fellowship, little alien Starky calls Chikara's little sister a brat in front of Chikara's father loudly.
- In Fate/Stay Night: Ultimate Master, after seeing Echo Echo's ability, Ilya rants about how unfair it was for something so small and cute to be so strong, at the moment forgetting that she herself is a Cute and Psycho little girl who keeps one of the most powerful of Servants on a leash.
- Haruhi rants about how she hates it when light novels go beyond 10 novels, or when her manga and stories are ongoing in Kyon: Big Damn Hero. In the source material, Suzumiya Haruhi, the author's at the 10th novel, and it's just the start of the characters' second year in high school. The author also takes the opportunity to prove, and launch a Take That! against one of the theories in the WMG. Though, considering the prodigious length of the fic, it's entirely possible the rant was actually intended as self-depreciating humor.... And on closer examination, it seems Haruhi's only problem with series in the WMG is that she's not patient enough to wait for the next volume.
- Also, Taniguchi mentions how he finds Konata's voice creepy to Haruhi. Haruhi and Konata are both voiced by Aya Hirano.
- From No Hoper, a Death Note and The House of Night crossover, there's this exchange between Light and his new talking cat Familiar when he's trying to think of a name for her:
- Turnabout Storm:
- Ace Attorney's Phoenix does this when he and Twilight are talking about the murder victim Ace Swift.
But with his streak of success he gained a few skeptics, thinking that all his victories were a result of cheating and other dubious methods. Phoenix:
I'd probably think the same if I saw someone winning at everything they do. *cough*
- Pinkie Pie explodes in laughter after seeing Phoenix wear the Equestrian Attorney Badge, calling it the most ridiculously girly thing she's ever seen. And she's a pink pony.
- Trixie tries to put down Twilight by claiming that purple is her unlucky color. Twilight has to remind her that she's wearing purple clothes.
- Zero's Shock "Can. You. Just. Stop. It. With. The. One. Word. Sentences?"
- In the Worm x Dishonored crossover fanfic, A Change of Pace, when discussing Taylor's plan for explaining how she needed to know her last name before entering her home. Taylor points out she let her spend the night there without even knowing her first name.
Victoria: I mean, who invites someone to their place without knowing their last name?
Taylor: You. You do. You wouldnt let me not sleep on your floor. And that was before you knew my first name.
Victoria: "Huh...youre right."
- Cycles Upon Cycles: Mass Effect/StarCraft:
- During the raid on Hock's stronghold, Shepard gets the urge to steal an antique violin. When Kasumi tries to call him out on it, he retorts with, "Says the professional thief!"
- Later Shepard chides Kasumi for trying to pick-pocket the Protoss, only to have an amused Zeratul point out that he'd taken the five-finger discount himself without even realizing it.
- Dungeon Keeper Ami: Keeper Mukrezar complaining and calling it cheating that the Avatar is copying his tactics, which his butler finds it funny, in Frenzied Fortification:
A growl sound came from the pink-haired elf. "I hate him hate him hate him HATE HIM sooo much! He's cheating!" he shouted, pounding the table with his fist.
"What's wrong, your Hypocrisy?" the imp butler asked as he approached, carrying a tray with a steaming kettle and a cup full off black liquid. "Underhandedness is to be approved of!"
"He stole my trick!"
- In Steven Universe: and the Hunters of Arcadia, when Steven explains to Peridot how parents would want their old, missing child as opposed to just making another one.
Peridot: Why are they so attached to this "Baby" if they created it couldn't they just make another if they really needed to?
Steven: Well, would you replace pumpkin if he was gone?
Peridot: STEVEN HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!?
- In My Huntsman Academia, Ruby starts freaking out over Izuku's thoroughly broken arm in the Emerald Forest. Katsuki barks at her to shut up and Yang screams at him for telling Ruby to shut up. Then Weiss demands that everyone stop SCREAMING for a moment.
OH MY GOD, IZUKU, ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?! Katsuki:
WOULD YOU SHUT UP YOU RUNT, HE'S OBVIOUSLY NOT! Yang:
DON'T TALK TO HER LIKE- Weiss: [exhausted]
GUYS! [everyone stops to look at her]
Maybe we should stop SCREAMING at each other for JUST. ONE. MOMENT...
and let these guys explain what happened.
- The first challenge in Dark Amphithere's Total Pokémon Island involves the Pokémon having to jump from a cliff into a pool full of water. Charmeleon refuses to jump, and Rhydon makes fun of him, only to sheepishly add that he can't swim when Charmeleon asks him why he won't jump. When this is revealed, Charmeleon even points out the hypocrisy. Bonus points for Rhydon being a Rock/Ground type, two Pokémon types weak against water.
- From All You Need Is Love:
- In the Mello/Light Slash Fic Blonde Ambitions Light Yagami a.k.a. Kira the God of the New World tells Mello all about his ex-girlfriend:
- In Brilliance Tarnished Light makes disparaging comments about his sister for sleeping around when he's doing the same with Misa and L.
- In A Charmed Life Light decides that L's arrogance is his Fatal Flaw.
- In Fever Dreams after Light gets Rem to help him with his various schemes Light "jokingly" considers how easy it would be to pursue a life of crime with a Shinigami as an accomplice.
- In That Epic Plan Light gets annoyed when Beyond gets to staring at himself in the bathroom mirror.
Vanity is a mortal sin, you know. Beyond:
Is that so, god?
- In Those Who Stand for Nothing Fall for Anything there's the instance where Light mocks B for being distrusting:
Light: I walk from one room to another with intent, hoping to find locked drawers and secrets. B had locked his bedroom door, which is to be expected from such a distrusting little shit. I found a spare set of keys in L's desk though, so it didn't do him much good to underestimate me. If I was B, I would have taken better precautions. I was excellent at chemistry and physics at school and dabbled in pyrotechnic devices.
How to Train Your Dragon
Jackie Chan Adventures
- In Ambience: A Fleet Symphony chapter 187, Damon has to restrain himself from pointing out the hypocrisy of someone surnamed Britain mocking the name Hunter Stormrider as being implausible.
- In Not Quite Heroes, the humor is highlighted by in-character mockery:
"Shego! How can you take this so calmly? The sanctity of my laboratory has been violated. My invention has been stolen. This is horrible," said Drakken. He waved his arms around as he ranted.
"So you mean, just like we always break into other peoples' labs and steal their inventions? Or is this different in some way I'm not seeing?" asked Shego curiously.
"It is different! It's different because... because this time it's happened to me
," said Drakken.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Neon Genesis Evangelion
- A Crown of Stars: Asuka hooked up with Shinji but she was still unsure about her feelings. So when her friends -like Ching- asked about it, she answered she did not know, in which point they would reply "You don't know?" as giving her incredulous stares. Later Ching started seeing Bir and when her friends asked if she loved him, she answered "I do not know". Asuka quickly replied "You don't know?" as snickering.
- Advice and Trust: While talking about their best friends Asuka laughed because Touji and Hikari were completely oblivious to each other's obvious feelings... and then she stopped laughing when Shinji made her realizing that they had done the same thing:
Asuka told him about Hikaris raging crush on Touji. Shed been only slightly surprised when Shinji mentioned Toujis matching infatuation with the petite Class Rep that he thought no one knew about. Asuka had laughed at the foolishness of the two of them liking each other but failing to see it was mutual, just dancing around each other for months
until Shinji had given her a smirk and a stare.
- Evangelion 303:
- Asuka mocks Shinji for being virgin. Later, during their first time, Shinji finds out that she is a virgin, too.
- Kelly mocks Mari for being sex-crazed. Mari reminds Kelly that she got a threesome with her boyfriend and another man few days ago.
- This Bites!: Lampshaded when Cross is trying to convince Zoro to tell them what he knows about Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday:
Cross: Zoro, if you know something that could be important, then you need to tell us! None of us can afford to spare any information, otherwise we risk jeopardizing the crew!
Soundbite: (sotto voce) Hy~po~cri~te!
- Zoro calls Cross out on his hypocrisy about sharing info after The Reveal. Unlike above, this is pure Hypocrite and no humor.
- In Chapter 14, after tricking Kureha into forfeiting her right to keep them there, all of the medical costs, and all the food in the castle:
Vivi: Evil. You guys are all pure evil.
Cross: Hey, what can I say? We're pirates! It's kind of our M.O.
Vivi: Oh, no, I don't have any issues with that, don't worry! I'm only realizing it just now is all.
Luffy: (cackling and sticking out his tongue) Heheheh, you're pretty dumb, Vivi!
Nami, Vivi, and Cross: (deadpan) And you're one to talk?
- Wiper has a moment in the Christmas Special. One of the reasons for stringing Aisa to the totem pole is because she accepted a bag of almonds from a Skypiean instead of fighting to the death as a Shandoran warrior. That doesn't stop him from enjoying the almonds himself.
- In Chapter 17, after Cross digs himself to sleep (see The Penance below), Toto refuses to let him dig anymore until he gets some rest.
Cross: This from the coot who's been digging all night alongside me, as well as through several sandstorms?
Toto: Wait until you're my age, then you can be as hypocritically stubborn as you want to be.
- In the aftermath of the Alubarna battle, Sanji finds himself trying to avoid people complaining about walls he'd kicked down during the battle. Cross and Usopp love the hypocrisy, only to find themselves running into people complaining about a bar (where Cross fought the Unluckies) and the ruins outside the city (where Usopp and Chopper fought the Mr. 4 pair).
- Chaka and Pell trade barbs about animalistic behaviors in their Zoan forms (self-licking and preening) respectively, before Igaram tops them by commenting on the increase in flea and lice population.
- When he sees Merry's human form bring out crates and piles of dirt from inside her coat, Paulie, the guy who hides enough rope on him to rig a battleship, asks where she held all of that.
- In Pokémon Reset Bloodlines, Lt. Surge gets the news of the Sensational Sisters getting fired from their position as Gym Leaders, and calls them "tactless". His nine Raichu, who are all present, all shake their heads at the remark.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
A Song of Ice and Fire
- In Robb Returns, Tywin forbids Kevan to go to a room their father was obsessed with, even though both of them are feeling a pull towards the place. When Kevan sneaks to the room that night, not only has Tywin arrived before, but he also reveals that he, too, had his particular obsession with the room - which led him to learn how to read the First Men's runes.
- When Willas recovers from his coma after finding Garth Greenhand's statue, Olenna Tyrell says she was not worried. Margaery promptly points to Olenna's embroidery, which shows a Maester being chased by a thorn bush (the Highgarden Maester claimed Willas may not wake up again).
The Vampire Diaries
- In the story Fur and Fang, Cassidy notes the shameless Product Placement that Bing put in the episode... right before she takes out her iPhone.